cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
The Video's like a childs birthday party and those guys were the pinitas.. At least drop a flash bang or something so they could get on deck.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Trotskygrad wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Isn't this how the new Star Wars movies started?

Honestly though, dropping people in over and over to a bunch of people with clubs and knives seems a little stupid. Should have looked down saw the apposition and gassed them(pepper gas) if they actually wanted to get on the boat.

In all honesty though Israel was way in the wrong with procedure and even doing this in the first place.
peppergas omfg!!!!

Although tear gas is probably not going to deter the more determined activists with them gas masks.
Jews aren't popular with gases...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
turkey got owned by israel
Tu Stultus Es
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Ottomania wrote:

Thats why conscription sucks.
Probably the best consript army in the world though.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

eleven bravo wrote:

Only for this time. Next time time we will send our conscripts to see who sucks worser at all.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Ottomania wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Only for this time. Next time time we will send our conscripts to see who sucks worser at all.
I can't see that going down well.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Middleeaster/WFBI.jpg
Weapons found on Gaza aid ship
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
If Israel control Gaza's shores, then they're responsible for the populace of Gaza because they're also occupying Gaza, they can't just blockade and starve them off like that. They either have to give them independence and let ships bound for Gaza come in or treat them without resorting to inhumane practices/causing a humanitarian crisis.

They can't just block them off from the rest of the world, it's either an occupation or its freedom, surely. I can understand their concerns but then they don't really have a right to impose a blockade on Gaza like that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Mekstizzle wrote:

If Israel control Gaza's shores, then they're responsible for the populace of Gaza because they're also occupying Gaza, they can't just blockade and starve them off like that. They either have to give them independence and let ships bound for Gaza come in or treat them without resorting to inhumane practices/causing a humanitarian crisis.

They can't just block them off from the rest of the world, it's either an occupation or its freedom, surely. I can understand their concerns but then they don't really have a right to impose a blockade on Gaza like that.
Can you guarantee that they won't have RPGs shipped in on the first ship that docks there after granting them their freedom? I fully understand why Gaza was invaded, I can empathize with the Israeli populace who were living in terror of rocket attacks and suicide bus bombings.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Like I said

It would either cause the disbandment of NATO because most countries would refuse to fight with Turkey, or Turkey would just get kicked out of NATO. Or Turkey would get kicked out + the US declares war on Turkey + US invites Israel into NATO.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well the Israeli's originally said they would take the aid, run it through security and pass it on. The only thing they weren't going to allow through (besides any weapons that might be among it) was the concrete supplies. The aid is still going to end up Gaza so when you think about it, if the aid had been run through the Israelis for security purpses as originally suggested, the whole situation probably could've been avoided, regardless of who was in the right or wrong.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
did israel really raid this ship in international waters?
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Can you guarantee that they won't have RPGs shipped in on the first ship that docks there after granting them their freedom? I fully understand why Gaza was invaded, I can empathize with the Israeli populace who were living in terror of rocket attacks and suicide bus bombings.
Then they have to prevent a humanitarian crisis unfolding which they're not. Right now they're just imposing an illegal blockade because if they were controlling Gaza's territory/sea and things bound for Gaza that would mean they're occupying the place and so they'd be legally bound to not treat the population like shit basically.

I can sympathise with the Israeli's too it's no good having a neighbour that constantly tries to kill you, but what's different is I can understand what they're doing wrong and sympathise with the Gazans also. You seem to be unable to see things both ways for whatever reason.

You're content with assuming all Israeli's are innocent and being targeted by terrorists, and which Palestinians are all terrorists.

Either they're occupying Gaza in which they're have to not treat the population like shit and collectively punish everyone. Or they're giving freedom to Gaza which means that ships should be free to travel there without harassment.
nlsme1
+32|5418

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Because you have lived in fear of rocket attacks and suicide bus bombigs as an everday citizen in your own country? How dare you try and elevate the way people view you on the backs of people you have no way of feeling what they did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

nlsme1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Because you have lived in fear of rocket attacks and suicide bus bombigs as an everday citizen in your own country? How dare you try and elevate the way people view you on the backs of people you have no way of feeling what they did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent all of 2004 in Baghdad and was subjected to mortar and rocket fire on a daily basis. I was also a few hundred yards away from a market when two suicide bombers with backpacks full of explosives walked in and detonated themselves. They killed a bunch of contractors in the process.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

Beduin wrote:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37 … r/WFBI.jpg
Weapons found on Gaza aid ship
errr...some kitchen knives, bits of wood and some tools it looks like.

maybe if I was being attacked i'd want to defend myself too...just sayin'

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-06-01 11:51:57)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
They have to severely loosen the restrictions on Gaza either way whether they're occupying it or not (obviously if they're not occupying Gaza than they have no right to intercept ships bound for it unless it strays into Israeli waters, but if they do that means they're occupying Gaza). So that's why this blockade is illegal, it's far too restrictive. Like how inane vegetables are banned and some are not.

One of the reasons the flotilla didn't want to do it the normal way through Israel (MOAB) is because it's so restrictive, that's like admitting that Israel have the right to do this. You don't get it because you assume Israel is an innocent party in all of this and that they could possibly do no wrong. It's dangerous to have unabashed patriotism for your own country, let alone another country, MOAB (and others)
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Like I said

It would either cause the disbandment of NATO because most countries would refuse to fight with Turkey, or Turkey would just get kicked out of NATO. Or Turkey would get kicked out + the US declares war on Turkey + US invites Israel into NATO.
I dont think we are that stupid.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Then they have to prevent a humanitarian crisis unfolding which they're not. Right now they're just imposing an illegal blockade because if they were controlling Gaza's territory/sea and things bound for Gaza that would mean they're occupying the place and so they'd be legally bound to not treat the population like shit basically.

I can sympathise with the Israeli's too it's no good having a neighbour that constantly tries to kill you, but what's different is I can understand what they're doing wrong and sympathise with the Gazans also. You seem to be unable to see things both ways for whatever reason.

You're content with assuming all Israeli's are innocent and being targeted by terrorists, and which Palestinians are all terrorists.

Either they're occupying Gaza in which they're have to not treat the population like shit and collectively punish everyone. Or they're giving freedom to Gaza which means that ships should be free to travel there without harassment.
I don't think the Israeli's are innocent at all. I just think the Arab worlds hatred of them is utterly ridiculous. Trying to wipe people off the face of the earth that were born there? That would be like trying to kick out every white person living in Africa right now. It's racism with an intent towards genocide and I can't understand anyone who doesn't come down on the side of the Israeli's in this situation.
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Occupants of the ship acted like a bunch of fucking morons if you ask me. Regardless of the legality of it, if troops start fast roping onto your ship, unless you are a soldier of a country at war with the side boarding the ship, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to attack them. Plus I'd be pretty pissed off if I was an IDF soldier after seeing my friends beaten with sticks, and liable to shoot a bitch.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't think the Israeli's are innocent at all. I just think the Arab worlds hatred of them is utterly ridiculous. Trying to wipe people off the face of the earth that were born there? That would be like trying to kick out every white person living in Africa right now. It's racism with an intent towards genocide and I can't understand anyone who doesn't come down on the side of the Israeli's in this situation.
Yeah well come back to me when you're not complaining about racism towards Jews in one sentence and then saying that Arabs/Palestinians want to kill all Jews and that justifies starving them off and blockading them in another.

Like I said to ATG when he said a similar thing to you, you either dislike bigotry and racism or you don't.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-06-01 11:55:58)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Mekstizzle wrote:

They have to severely loosen the restrictions on Gaza either way whether they're occupying it or not (obviously if they're not occupying Gaza than they have no right to intercept ships bound for it unless it strays into Israeli waters, but if they do that means they're occupying Gaza). So that's why this blockade is illegal, it's far too restrictive. Like how inane vegetables are banned and some are not.

One of the reasons the flotilla didn't want to do it the normal way through Israel (MOAB) is because it's so restrictive, that's like admitting that Israel have the right to do this. You don't get it because you assume Israel is an innocent party in all of this and that they could possibly do no wrong. It's dangerous to have unabashed patriotism for your own country, let alone another country, MOAB (and others)
Well no, I've never said Israel wasn't in the wrong.

Like it or not, Israel is essentially in control of Gaza, from an exterior point of view. They take their security more seriously than just about any other country because of what has happened in the past, and do whatever they think they should to ensure it. This flotilla was warned about what might happen, and the warnings were ignored. Sure, hitting them where they were probably wasn't the best thing in the world to do, but when you see members of the aid group stressing it was peaceful and yet they've brought a shitload of knives and clubs with them, its hard to sympathise. Neither side is right here but I can fully understand why the commandos did what they did.

Besides the aid was going to get there either way. Like I said the only thing they were going to disallow was the concrete.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah well come back to me when you're not complaining about racism towards Jews in one sentence and then saying that Arabs/Palestinians want to kill all Jews and that justifies starving them off and blockading them in another.

Like I said to ATG when he said a similar thing to you, you either dislike bigotry and racism or you don't.
I dislike unjustified bigotry and racism. There's a big difference there. Justified 'racism' would be racially profiling people who look Mexican in Arizona and asking them for their immigration papers. Why? Because they don't have an illegal immigration problem from Asia or Europe or Africa there. Saying 'racial profiling' is bad in this case is idiotic.

I don't consider what the Israeli's are doing to be racist. I feel it is a justified consequence of Gazans firing rockets and other bullshit into Israel. While I normally dislike mass-punishment, in this case it was entirely warranted because they weren't exactly trying to stop Hamas from shooting said rockets, hell they fucking elected Hamas to lead the 'country'. Tell me that's not a slap in the face.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER
They still don't have a right to do that to them. Either it's an occupation and they have to not treat them this bad with this ultra restrictive blockade or they have to give them full freedom and stop occupying their shores/airspace and such. They can't just flout everything and then expect themselves (Israel) to be treated like a regular country, let alone a regular country that's supposed to be the shining star of democracy and freedom and liberty in the Middle East as alot of Americans like to say. There's no justification for what they're doing especially considering the country they try to come across as (actually, the country that Americans like to portray Israel as)

That's why they're very much like a rogue state right now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard