NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6148
Its their right, but ironic dick move ftl.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

m3thod wrote:

wow someone in the US talking about...well nothing?

Now please explain why an inordinate amount of Americans on this forum at least seem to read/source the daily fail.  Why?!
Couldn't begin to tell you. Might as well ask why we post on BF2S.
ruisleipa
+149|6241|teh FIN-land

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Unless you meant to type "the religion" in the first place, thus rendering my reply a misunderstanding of your missing word, your response is troll.

[ ] Explanationworthy.
a dumb response to your original dumb response.

And why would it be wrong if I type 'religion' and not wrong if I would type 'the religion'. Since I never mentioned any religion by name, saying 'the religion' would be grammatically incorrect. You understand how to use English yes?

Of course only a dumbass would imagine I'd include Buddhism etc when I say religion was responsible for the whole thing in the first place.

But whatever. I think you're just trying to be a twat and misunderstand my post on purpose tbh. Which would make you...a troll?

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-05-22 07:03:23)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

ruisleipa wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Unless you meant to type "the religion" in the first place, thus rendering my reply a misunderstanding of your missing word, your response is troll.

[ ] Explanationworthy.
a dumb response to your original dumb response.

And why would it be wrong if I type 'religion' and not wrong if I would type 'the religion'. Since I never mentioned any religion by name, saying 'the religion' would be grammatically incorrect. You understand how to use English yes?

Of course only a dumbass would imagine I'd include Buddhism etc when I say religion was responsible for the whole thing in the first place.

But whatever. I think you're just trying to be a twat and misunderstand my post on purpose tbh. Which would make you...a troll?
How about this:

wat...
ruisleipa
+149|6241|teh FIN-land

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How about this:

wat...
much better.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

ruisleipa wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How about this:

wat...
much better.
Then save your petty insults for lowing. I'm done.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6690|UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Now please explain why an inordinate amount of Americans on this forum at least seem to read/source the daily fail.  Why?!
Because we have nothing better to do.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

m3thod wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Because we have nothing better to do.
Actually I do at times, but it's a benefit of being an occasional procrastinator.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina
As a side note, it would appear that a Greek Orthodox Church used to be located at Ground Zero.

I guess they sold their plot?...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

Turquoise wrote:

As a side note, it would appear that a Greek Orthodox Church used to be located at Ground Zero.

I guess they sold their plot?...
...or were they Jihaded out of it?

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5604

The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan

After our proposal to build a community and cultural center two blocks from the World Trade Center site, I was pleased and gratified by the outpouring of support from city officials and a wide range of people who understand our mission.

My colleagues and I are the anti-terrorists. We are the people who want to embolden the vast majority of Muslims who hate terrorism to stand up to the radical rhetoric. Our purpose is to interweave America's Muslim population into the mainstream society.

People who are stakeholders in society, who believe they are welcomed as equal partners, do not want to destroy it. They want to build it. And there's no better demonstration of our desire to build than the construction of this center. It will help revive lower Manhattan.

The project has been mischaracterized, so I want to explain clearly what it would be. Our planned 13-story community center is intended for Park Place between Church St. and West Broadway. It is not a mosque, although it will include a space for Muslim prayer services. It will have a swimming pool, basketball court, meeting rooms, a 500-seat auditorium, banquet facilities and many other things a community needs to be healthy. The center will offer theatrical programming, art exhibitions and cooking classes. These are amenities missing now from this part of the city.

And, yes, the center will have a public memorial to the victims of 9/11 as well as a meditation room where all will be welcome for quiet reflection. The center will support soul and body.

The center will be open to all regardless of religion. Like a YMCA, the 92nd St. Y or the Jewish Community Center uptown, it will admit everyone. It will be a center for all New Yorkers.

What grieves me most is the false reporting that leads some families of 9/11 victims to think this project somehow is designed by Muslims to gloat over the attack.

That could not be further from the truth.

My heart goes out to all of the victims of 9/11. They are all heroes. But I urge you to include in your sympathy the family of Mohammad Salman Hamdani. Born in Pakistan, his parents brought him to New York as a small child. He wanted nothing more than to be an American, and he was.

A high school football player in Bayside, Queens, he graduated from Queens College. When he could not get into an American medical school, he became a part-time ambulance driver. He disappeared on 9/11; his body was found months later in the wreckage of the north tower. This 23-year-old Muslim died trying to save his fellow New Yorkers.

Religion did not separate the victims on that terrible day. Whether Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists or any other faith, all of these people made up the fabric of New York. They all died together.

Freedom of religion is something we hold dear. It is the core of what America is all about, and it is what people worldwide respect about our country. The Koran itself says compulsion in religion is wrong.

American Muslims want to be both good Americans and good Muslims. They can be the best assets the United States has in combatting radicalism.

They know that many American values - freedom of religion, human dignity and opportunity for prosperity - are also Muslim values.

We believe that people of good faith can use the common core of their religions to find solutions to problems that will let them live together.

I have been the imam at a mosque in Tribeca for 27 years. I am as much a part of this community as anyone else. Our mosque is as much a part of the neighborhood as any church, synagogue or surrounding business. My work is to make sure mosques are not recruiting grounds for radicals.

To do that, Muslims must feel they are welcome in New York. Alienated people are open to cynicism and radicalism. Any group that believes it is under attack will breed rebellion. The proposed center is an attempt to prevent the next 9/11.

What could be a better use for the citizens in lower Manhattan? What could be a better monument to the victims of that tragic day?
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/201 … _zero.html
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

^ He makes valid points about multiculturalism, and it shows a LOT of balls, but is the location completely necessary?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6018|The Mitten

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

^ He makes valid points about multiculturalism, and it shows a LOT of balls, but is the location completely necessary?
...tbh, where else are you going to find that fresh prime real-estate?

And, if we are agreeing with his points, what's wrong about the location?
EE (hats
ruisleipa
+149|6241|teh FIN-land

Macbeth wrote:

The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan

After...day?
Sounds like a pretty decent man to me. Why did you highlight those bits in yellow? Perfectly reasonable imo beyond the fact that anyone who believes in god is retarded.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6546|London (At Heart)

mikkel wrote:

If they want to build their mosque, that's fine. If people don't like it, they can ignore it. It's about as simple as it gets.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5192|Markham, Ontario

Shem wrote:

mikkel wrote:

If they want to build their mosque, that's fine. If people don't like it, they can ignore it. It's about as simple as it gets.
Yeah, but people are idiots, and someones gonna do or say something stupid, and it'll escalate, and ugh! Climax in disaster, eh?

Last edited by pace51 (2010-05-31 09:08:07)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6703|United States of America

ruisleipa wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

After...day?
Sounds like a pretty decent man to me. Why did you highlight those bits in yellow? Perfectly reasonable imo beyond the fact that anyone who believes in god is retarded.
If I held you in high enough regard to be bothered to look for a facepalm image to post here, I'd do so right here ---> ___ .
ruisleipa
+149|6241|teh FIN-land

DesertFox- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

If I held you in high enough regard to be bothered to look for a facepalm image to post here, I'd do so right here ---> ___ .
hmmm...if I could give a shit I'd ask you why that post deservces a facepalm.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5256|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

derp
DesertFox-

ruisleipa wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Sounds like a pretty decent man to me. Why did you highlight those bits in yellow?Perfectly reasonable imo beyond the fact that anyone who believes in god is retarded.
Highlighted for great justice and the mentally inept. This isn't the proper thread for this manner of discussion, but you imply that one side of an unknowable argument is better than the other. Putting one baseless argument on the high ground against the baseless opposite is downright foolish. A good deal of your posts are trollish in nature, though, so it's to be expected.
ruisleipa
+149|6241|teh FIN-land

DesertFox- wrote:

Highlighted for great justice and the mentally inept. This isn't the proper thread for this manner of discussion, but you imply that one side of an unknowable argument is better than the other. Putting one baseless argument on the high ground against the baseless opposite is downright foolish. A good deal of your posts are trollish in nature, though, so it's to be expected.
riiight

prove to me that god exists and then i'll be interested. otherwise, forget about it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5278|foggy bottom
prove that god doesnt exist
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5256|Cleveland, Ohio
owned
ruisleipa
+149|6241|teh FIN-land
lmfao are you two fucking each other?

which god are you talking about? I'm talking about the judaeo-christian one mainly but there's no allah either. Or do you think otherwise?
DesertFox-

ruisleipa wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

riiight

prove to me that god exists and then i'll be interested. otherwise, forget about it.
Neither side has proof, and the existence of any sort of God has so much emphasis placed on it nowadays that people act like somehow disproving the existence of a deity would render that belief system invalid when the idea of religion revolves around a hell of a lot more than just worshipping a deity.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard