Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

The Triple Fi Pro have fantastic sound quality, but what I hear from everyone is that fit is terrible and can be quite uncomfortable because of the build. I'd have to agree that just by looking at them they look pretty painful trying to get those things in.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

Just tested
AFX - Bwoon Dub for bass....

FUCK. The vibrations in my head are ridiculous. The seal isn't even very good (I rushed putting them in) but the bass is astounding with the W2s... My Avianos made the room vibrate, but these earphones made my head explode... I wasn't expecting the bass to be as clear as this because of the dual armature drivers.... but it's absolutely fantastic. Shows off how incredible these earphones really are.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
you mean shows off how good Aphex Twin is, right?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6164|Texas
could someone recommend me some iems in the $100 price range? i've never owned a nice pair and i don't know where to start. i'll be using them with an ipod/iphone and occasionally my laptop.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6538|Austin, Texas
Curious as to your feelings 3 weeks in.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6749|St. Andrews / Oslo

I need money D:
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
ghettoperson
+1,943|6666

lol Jens is just upper middle class.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

Bevo wrote:

Curious as to your feelings 3 weeks in.
Many IEMs need burning in (the IE8s from Sennheiser require about 150 hours of playback before they start sounding warm) but these, with a couple of days of usage, were lovely from the beginning.

Really not much I can fault with the W2s. They're pretty much perfect. The bass is a lot stronger than I thought, and comfort is second to none - I say this with emphasis because I have awkwardly small ears and I was expecting the casing to maybe not fit inside properly, but they do. Lovely stuff.

Cable is sturdy as ever, and it rarely tangles.

All that is needed now is to get ear moulds and get custom in ear flanges.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6538|Austin, Texas
I recently came into a sum of money about the cost of these.

Would you still recommend them given my past experience with headphones/music playing setup? Yeah, I fucked up with the 700s, but your cord broke too, so I'm thinking I'm not at complete fault. I got a pair of 220s for everyday use (stuff in pocket, use while running etc) and a backup until I got another decent pair.

I'm still using 256kb/s and an iphone.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5805|Catherine Black
Hey Zim what would you recommend on the cheap for listening down at the gym, I don't even have in-ear earphones atm, and they sound incredibly shite and are constantly falling out.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6477|UK
Do these come with 2-year or lifetime guarantees? I'm kind of tempted to splash out on a nice set but my earphones break about every 6 months.
Microwave
_
+515|6672|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Finray wrote:

Hey Zim what would you recommend on the cheap for listening down at the gym, I don't even have in-ear earphones atm, and they sound incredibly shite and are constantly falling out.
There's some pretty decent Senns in the 'sport' range, they'll stay in. Pretty cheap too.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

wah1188 wrote:

Do these come with 2-year or lifetime guarantees? I'm kind of tempted to splash out on a nice set but my earphones break about every 6 months.
No earphones are lifetime, and very few (if any) have over a 1 year warranty.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6538|Austin, Texas

Bevo wrote:

Would you still recommend them given my past experience with headphones/music playing setup? Yeah, I fucked up with the 700s, but your cord broke too, so I'm thinking I'm not at complete fault. I got a pair of 220s for everyday use (stuff in pocket, use while running etc) and a backup until I got another decent pair.

quoting myself because you seemed to have read over/missed it
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5805|Catherine Black

Finray wrote:

quoting myself because you seemed to have read over/missed it

Thanks James, I'll have a look on their site.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6755|Toronto | Canada

Bevo wrote:

https://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh378/rock_scissors_paper/TopTier.png

What ones sound (oh the puns) good to you? 

What I'm looking atm is:
Ortofon EQ-7
Grado GR8
Phiaton PS200
Audio Technica CK10
Westone W3s
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

I didn't miss them, I just didn't answer them at the time. Be patient.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6538|Austin, Texas
Despite Zimmer's lack of response, I decided to purchase these.

Deciding factors included:

- Cord durability
- Warranty (2 years and no specific mentions against cord damage like the UE 700s. Also read over a fair bit of customer support info on the westone site, they seem to be more... acommodating)
- Size (my ears are smaller as well)

And of course, sound quality. They didn't seem to get any "awesome" reviews, but were always pegged as "very good" and that's enough for me. I did a bit of research on similar priced products such as the etymotic and those seemed to be better suited for genres that I don't listen to very often.

I'll get them soon... ish, and offer a second opinion.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

Sorry, completely forgot.

The Westone 2s aren't "awesome" in comparison with earphones like the Earsonic SM3s, but they are probably the best you're going to get for that price range with dual armatures. The only earphones I can think of that would challenge them are the Fischer Audio DBA-02s - which are a hell of a lot cheaper, mind you.

I could go into depth about how each differ and all that, but I'm too tired atm.

I just ordered Custom Sleeves for my Westone 2s and therefore I had to send my W2s away for 3 weeks to get them made. Got no earphones atm.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard