SamTheMan
­
+341|5133|Stoke, England
its awesome for about a week
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas

jsnipy wrote:

i agree with Bevo's point about they should started with a PC game. So many broken trivial features.
My hope is with BF3 they start with the PC and have no console port. Or at the very least start with the PC version and make a half assed console port. I mean, I don't see why not, especially seeing as the PC market is huge for a real FPS. A quality PC game should sell better overall than a console port PC/console split. I think that was made pretty clear by BC2.

Can anyone find the sales by platform figures for BC2? This is all I found with a routine search.

This is confirmed by our sources that tell us that since release, the PC version of the game frequently has more players online than the combined total of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 BFBC2 online players.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America

jsnipy wrote:

So many broken trivial features.
Yes all the things you stated bevo were quite trivial and sometimes completely wrong, but yeah OP definitely buy the game.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas

Blade4509 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Yes all the things you stated bevo were quite trivial and sometimes completely wrong, but yeah OP definitely buy the game.
such as?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America

Bevo wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

such as?
The whole thing about picking up weapons while disarming MCOMs is wrong, and ffs how long does it take you to load into a game and spawn just to exit? 8 maybe 10 seconds at the most. How is the chat broken J, K, and L all work all the time for me with this latest patch. Choppers handle fine you just need to learn to fly, and honestly who the fuck uses voip anyway?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas

Blade4509 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

such as?
The whole thing about picking up weapons while disarming MCOMs is wrong, and ffs how long does it take you to load into a game and spawn just to exit? 8 maybe 10 seconds at the most. How is the chat broken J, K, and L all work all the time for me with this latest patch. Choppers handle fine you just need to learn to fly, and honestly who the fuck uses voip anyway?
Lol'd. Maybe you don't disarm MCOMs enough, but every fucking time there's a weapon next to it, you will pick it up if you move your cursor even slightly from the MCOM. If DICE realized this they'd have a different key bound to pick up kit and disarm/arm MCOM. It's stupid, and it's lazy.

Loading just exit is fucking stupid and unnecessary, no matter if it takes me 2 seconds or 20. It's not any less of con just because you don't value 8 seconds of your life.

Chat only picks up 4-5 lines and disappears far too quickly and there's no way to see what was said once it's gone. It's terrible.

Choppers are terrible, I can fly them "just fine" but that doesn't make them any better. They handle like boats, they auto-balance themselves any time you try roll. Noob friendly with no learning curve.

Anyone with a brain uses VOIP, you have to stop to type, which is bad bad bad in an FPS.

Just because you're so enthralled with this game doesn't make it any better. Don't get me wrong - I played it, and had fun. I'll probably still play it for a bit and have fun. But you're defending a game that has numerous glaring issues and I don't know what the hell for.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
Hold the disarm button before you run up to the MCOM next time K?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Nah Bevo's right mate. The disarming thing is a major issue. Drives me up the fucking wall. They should move disarm to a serperate button or something.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
its almost like theres an entire subsection for this game.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Phrozenbot
+632|6607|do not disturb

If you cried like you did back in COD4, then no.
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine

Bevo wrote:

Lol'd. Maybe you don't disarm MCOMs enough, but every fucking time there's a weapon next to it, you will pick it up if you move your cursor even slightly from the MCOM. If DICE realized this they'd have a different key bound to pick up kit and disarm/arm MCOM. It's stupid, and it's lazy.

Loading just exit is fucking stupid and unnecessary, no matter if it takes me 2 seconds or 20. It's not any less of con just because you don't value 8 seconds of your life.

Chat only picks up 4-5 lines and disappears far too quickly and there's no way to see what was said once it's gone. It's terrible.

Choppers are terrible, I can fly them "just fine" but that doesn't make them any better. They handle like boats, they auto-balance themselves any time you try roll. Noob friendly with no learning curve.

Anyone with a brain uses VOIP, you have to stop to type, which is bad bad bad in an FPS.

Just because you're so enthralled with this game doesn't make it any better. Don't get me wrong - I played it, and had fun. I'll probably still play it for a bit and have fun. But you're defending a game that has numerous glaring issues and I don't know what the hell for.
But to be honest, is there a better alternative on a PC FPS market now? I think no. MW2 is just a complete ****ing shit compared to BC2.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality
you should all come back to bf2
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Longbow wrote:

Bevo wrote:

But to be honest, is there a better alternative on a PC FPS market now? I think no. MW2 is just a complete ****ing shit compared to BC2.
gaming sucks.

get a new hobby.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

Longbow wrote:

Bevo wrote:

BF2
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Had to be said
TravisC555
+118|6211|Cox Convention Center, OK

Bevo wrote:

Can anyone find the sales by platform figures for BC2? This is all I found with a routine search.

This is confirmed by our sources that tell us that since release, the PC version of the game frequently has more players online than the combined total of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 BFBC2 online players.
From Wikipedia: 2.3 million worldwide.

But http://bfbcs.com/ (left side column) could give you a rough estimate.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
Snipers aren't as bad if you play conquest. 40mm is the most overused i've ever seen in a game. Vehicles are death traps. Played the shit out of it for about 60 hours then got bored.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine

DrunkFace wrote:

BF2
BF2 is a bit overplayed by majority of regular bf2s'ers, dont ya think so? I'll never say BC2 is better then BF2, it's sertainly not even close, but it is a newer game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

OP: If you liked to go prone in BF2, BC2 is not for you.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

OP: if you liked BF2, or any games for that matter, BC2 isn't for you.
CC-Marley
+407|6820

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

nope.

tazz. wrote:

worth getting? ~ nope
Agreed.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
Buy it. It's awesome.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Blade4509 wrote:

Buy it. It's awesome.
Listen to this guy. He even liked MW2.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
and he thought the holocaust was a good idea
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Miggle wrote:

OP: if you liked BF2, or any games for that matter, BC2 isn't for you.
It isn't a BAD game, it just fails to suck me back in.

The weapon sounds are cool, but that alone doesn't make a game.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
No the holocaust wasn't a good idea. BC2 is a fun game though no matter what the trolls say. Miggle can go die in 12 fires and eat 12 dicks. You can't really judge a game by what others say until you play it for yourself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard