Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
Well apparently you're with Al Qaeda if you suggest taking toys out of happy meals, but the Military begs to differ.

US youngsters are too fat to fight, warn generals

Rising rates of obesity among young Americans could undermine the future of the US military, two retired generals have warned.
More than a quarter of young Americans are now too fat to fight, they said.

Writing in the Washington Post, the ex-commanders said the fat crisis ruled out more potential military service recruits than any other medical factor.
They want Congress to introduce laws to give US children better nutrition in schools, with less sugar, salt and fat.

John Shalikashvili and Hugh Shelton, both former chairmen of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote: "Obesity rates threaten the overall health of America and the future strength of our military."
"We consider this problem so serious from a national security perspective that we have joined more than 130 other retired generals, admirals and senior military leaders in calling on Congress to pass new child nutrition legislation," the commanders added.

The warning comes amid mounting fears that childhood obesity has turned into an "epidemic" affecting an astonishing one in three young American people.

Mr Shalikashvili and Mr Shelton pointed to post-school lunch laws from 1946, which recognised that poor nutrition reduced the pool of military recruits.
"We must act, as we did after World War II, to ensure that our children can one day defend our country, if need be."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8655651.stm

So what is it, 'nur wun ken tell me wut to put in mah mahf'?
Or get too fat and you hate freedom?

(Not sure why the McDs thread got closed either)
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6751|Great Brown North
if i hate fat people does that mean i love freedom?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

Just make boot camp longer.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
I could be King Leonidas and the military still wouldn't take me
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
fat people=america=freedom
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

And do what with all the spare skin?
Reciprocity

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

And do what with all the spare skin?
parachutes!!  make them all paratroopers.

sleek, lithe paratroopers.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-05-01 21:40:52)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Coz you're UNAMERICAN FAGGIT.

Same here m8 but Aussie military pays a shit ton more lelz.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

naw cuh it's because I has depression

and the pay in the US military isn't awful, especially if you're an officer since they pay you mad money for rent if you live off base.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2010-05-01 21:45:44)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

and the pay in the US military isn't awful, especially if you're an officer since they pay you mad money for rent if you live off base.
Grunt pay is like 23 grand a year right? In aus it's around 51 grand total (40 grand starting off, 11 grand "service allowance").
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Grunt pay is like 23 grand a year right? In aus it's around 51 grand total (40 grand starting off, 11 grand "service allowance").
I think it's about that. But you also have cheap (maybe free? can't remember) health care, college money, no rent to pay (if you live off-base then you get housing allowance which will usually cover at least a small studio apartment in a decent part of town, at least in DC), and you get extra preference when applying for federal jobs. Which are super fucking cushy in the US.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I think it's about that. But you also have cheap (maybe free? can't remember) health care, college money, no rent to pay (if you live off-base then you get housing allowance which will usually cover at least a small studio apartment in a decent part of town, at least in DC), and you get extra preference when applying for federal jobs. Which are super fucking cushy in the US.
In aus you get even more benefits lelz (and they give you a cheap mortgage loan after you finish service). Military is win for people who are low on cash. Apply for more specialized jobs that won't get you deployed lelz.

On topic: Obesity rate for America is fucking insane... It's not the fucking fast food, it's what they eat ALL THE TIME. Cooking at home and proper fucking portions with exercise would help cut down weight... They need to make PE mandatory with running every week or so.
Reciprocity
Thankfully, Australia is even fatter than us.  They'll never be a military threat.  They're too husky.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
Just to clarify, the article has jack shit to with the child's toy issue, and inferring that generals that fought for our country's freedoms would be a proponent of taking away those rights to solve this problem is beyond presumptuous to the point of defamation.
ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

you're gay?
ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Just to clarify, the article has jack shit to with the child's toy issue, and inferring that generals that fought for our country's freedoms would be a proponent of taking away those rights to solve this problem is beyond presumptuous to the point of defamation.
Just to clarify, if you don't think toys in happy meals encourage children to eat unhealthily and thereby contribute to youth obesity then you have your head in the sand.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

ruisleipa wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

you're gay?
that woulda been well played if I hadn't posted why earlier
ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

you're gay?
that woulda been well played if I hadn't posted why earlier
shit
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85

ruisleipa wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Just to clarify, if you don't think toys in happy meals encourage children to eat unhealthily and thereby contribute to youth obesity then you have your head in the sand.
Because toys put the burger in front of the kid and tell them to eat.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...

Reciprocity wrote:

Thankfully, Australia is even fatter than us.  They'll never be a military threat.  They're too husky.
All they need to do is load bombers with the batshit psychotic wildlife that they have and any country will be begging for surrender in days.
Reciprocity

Tetrino wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

All they need to do is load bombers with the batshit psychotic wildlife that they have and any country will be begging for surrender in days.
wallabies and koalas?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Reciprocity wrote:

Tetrino wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

wallabies and koalas?
and wombats. Fuckers bite.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No spamming in this thread please.
Reciprocity
but seriously.......Australians probably ate all their animals.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
dude australia has kangaroo riders man

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard