Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK

Cybargs wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Different standards for different countries.

Vilham: There will be an income disparity NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. Getting money and support from the state =/= income. Maybe some people should get off their ass and start working. And yes most rich people do invest in successful business', why invest in a failing one? The money they earn belongs to them and they have the right to do whatever they want with it. When a business expands, sure the owner becomes a lot richer, coz shit he took ALL THE RISK when starting the business in the first place. Everyone else would just find another job while he lost his business. Never forget when a company expands, it employs more people, creating more livelihood. Do the rich spend money? Yes. Do the rich pay a lot in taxes? Yes. When people become richer, they indirectly benefit EVERYONE.

Should the rich be philanthropic? I think most rich people are, giving huge funds to educational institutions, sponsoring medical programs, run and donate to charities etc.
Ill say this again for your benefit because you also seem to suffer from not being able to read.  The money rich people have does NOT all feed back into the system, stop trying to claim it does, it DOESN'T.

I have no problem with the system, I benefit from it. Where did I say it was a bad system? Im just being realistic as to how it works, you aren't. Because the moment you do your gunna have to accept that you benefit from others suffering.

Seriously people. L2R.
Everyone benefits. Sure the motivated rich man would benefit the most. The richer a person is, he/she directly uplifts his/her's local area. The rich still need a mechanic, groceries, transportation, entertainment etc. Sure they would buy stuff of upper quality, but does that not also employ more people? Investment in a sense is trickle down economics. You put money in a company, that company uses that money to employ people.
Indeed it does, but unless that company is making a loss the wages those people earn isn't coming from that investment its coming from other people who are paying for the goods/services. At the start of a company sure, they are contributing but unless that company fails the rich person gets richer, so please explain how that amounts to that money going back into the system? The whole point in investing is to make your self even richer.

Unnamed I never said there was an upper limit. Your inability to read is astonishing.

For the last time. The money rich people make does not all feed back into the economy.
BLdw
+27|5324|M104 "Sombrero"

Cybargs wrote:

If someone spent their sweat and blood researching and developing a technology, it is their right to make as much money from it. Or would you like the Chinese system where they just knock off every product?
I'm not talking about patent being under use and profiting from it. I'm talking about holding patents without any other use for them than preventing others for using them. I presume you've also heard of patent buying?

It's normal for big companies heading in already planned direction and removing as much competition as possible. While people would like to see something done about certain things, big companies might not want that same. If, what people want, is not already on the way what big companies have planned, there's a great possibility for it never happening either. It's easier to buy and create patents and never use them than to compete with possibly upcoming rivals.

Cybargs wrote:

No it's not. Companies and banks had to pay back the bailout funds with interest. If you're talking about government contracts, that's a complete different case. Hey if you need shit to be built you gotta spend the money. Sure it goes to private business' but they win contracts because they are much much more competitive than local business'. Government corruption and bribes is a completely different matter.
No it's not, but then there's government contracts, and then to get shit to build you gotta spend the money, and sure it goes to private business' because they win contracts...

Why is it so difficult for local business' to win contracts over big companies?

Cybargs wrote:

You don't know how hard it is to run a company and profit do you?
For you to know anything about me is absolutely irrelevant regarding this subject.

Cybargs wrote:

You are what you worth. Hell companies outsourcing cheap labour helped Asia's economical development by a SHITLOAD. They pay low wages because people ACCEPT the low pay.
If those poor people want to keep living, what other options they have other than work for utterly low prices?

Cybargs wrote:

Hell we all benefit from lower prices.
How's that? Who "we all" benefit from lower prices? Wouldn't we all benefit more if some people decided to cut their "salary" from 500 million a year to 350 million a year and pay some more wages for their employees? And maybe even hire some more?

Last edited by BLdw (2010-05-01 04:38:23)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5390|Cleveland, Ohio

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

no
what is more important?
Top of the list.... Work!
you work for free?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6774|London, England
It's the human psyche to always want more, to hoard more (collect more) well for most people at least. Most business minded people only have one thing on their mind, profit.

I don't think I'm like that at all, but I'm willing to accept that most people on this planet are
ruisleipa
+149|6375|teh FIN-land

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't think I'm like that at all, but I'm willing to accept that most people on this planet are
you're probably right to an extent. However it's still a rather depressing state of affairs.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5903|شمال

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what is more important?
you work for free?
not necessarily for money?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
11 Bravo
Banned

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

you work for free?
well yes but...you work for money.
jord
+2,382|6831|The North, beyond the wall.

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

you work for free?
I don't get where you are going with this. The only reason anyone works is for money. If you had enough money to live comfortably and had some sort of imagination you could live a full and interesting life without working.
Beduin
+510|5903|شمال

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

you work for free?
...what if you had money, will you still work?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6869

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Last I checked most rich people still keep on working.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Depends how you define rich.

If I had 10mil you can bet I wouldn't work another day in my life and I'd make sure my mother doesn't either.
11 Bravo
Banned

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Beduin wrote:

yes....not 40+ hours a week listening to some tool fuck bosses.
Beduin
+510|5903|شمال

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6869

Beduin wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
No people still work to make MORE money. Some people are just motivated, some just aren't.

Jord: It depends if you earned that 10 mil, or it was given to you. If you earned it (and assume you run a business or work in a high position) you'd probably keep working. If you won it, you'd probably sit your ass out for the rest of your life lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
No people still work to make MORE money. Some people are just motivated, some just aren't.

Jord: It depends if you earned that 10 mil, or it was given to you. If you earned it (and assume you run a business or work in a high position) you'd probably keep working. If you won it, you'd probably sit your ass out for the rest of your life lol.
Depends if I enjoyed the job I suppose. I imagine a career you can earn 10mil in is a lot easier to stay at despite financial security.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6963|Nårvei

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed

^^This is the downfall of the western way of life ... the phrase money is everything has clouded our view of what a good life is all about, money comes in handy and is a good bi-product of a honest day of work but when the chase for more money and more material goods goes on you loose yourself in the process ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6869

Varegg wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed

^^This is the downfall of the western way of life ... the phrase money is everything has clouded our view of what a good life is all about, money comes in handy and is a good bi-product of a honest day of work but when the chase for more money and more material goods goes on you loose yourself in the process ...
Money just helps you live a good life. It's when people become foolish in the stock market and lose their savings, that I agree. Investments are a risk for a reason... Without risk there is no gain. You just gotta know when to pull out (lelz sexual innuendo). You win some, you lose some and hey that's life.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
he's talking about materialism/consumerism as a decline of culture, not the risk:reward ratio of (stock-market) capitalism.

money should help you live a good life - but your 'good life' should not be necessitated through the purchase of superficialities.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mikkel
+383|6754

Beduin wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Beduin wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
What an intensely stupid argument. Do you drink coffee? If you'd keep drinking it after getting rich, would that make coffee more important than money?
Beduin
+510|5903|شمال

mikkel wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
What an intensely stupid argument. Do you drink coffee? If you'd keep drinking it after getting rich, would that make coffee more important than money?
Stupid analogy... Do you get payed to drink coffee?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
jord

Beduin wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Beduin wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
Why did the debate turn this way anyway. Nobody would work for anything other than money. Money makes the world go round,etc.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6650

Beduin wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Beduin wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
i do. i'm in IT.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/25dilbert2.jpg

Last edited by burnzz (2010-05-01 09:55:17)

Beduin
+510|5903|شمال

jord wrote:

Beduin wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Why did the debate turn this way anyway. Nobody would work for anything other than money. Money makes the world go round,etc.
Ja, maybe I should have used the word "career" insted of work.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
mikkel
+383|6754

Beduin wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Beduin wrote:

hence  work > money

Class Dismissed
No, it's a very apt analogy. You claim that work is more important than money because you'd work even if you were rich. If I drank coffee, I'd keep doing that even if I was rich. I like to cook, and I'd do that even if I was rich. I like working, and I'd do that even if I was rich. One thing that all of these have in common is that none of them implies preference. You're assuming a preference where no such assumption is warranted.
Beduin
+510|5903|شمال

mikkel wrote:

No, it's a very apt analogy. You claim that work is more important than money because you'd work even if you were rich. If I drank coffee, I'd keep doing that even if I was rich. I like to cook, and I'd do that even if I was rich. I like working, and I'd do that even if I was rich. One thing that all of these have in common is that none of them implies preference. You're assuming a preference where no such assumption is warranted.
I cant say anything about those who work for the sake of money alone. It is of course necessary to put food on the table.
There are those who will quit their jobs if they won the lottery and there are those who will continue working/doing what they are doing, because it means a lot more than just money. Many times it means that a person feel his existence through work. Again, I am not talking about those who work just for money, I am talking about those who really are born to do what they are doing. Those my friend are the 1337 folks, no matter what their profession is they will keep continuing what they are doing. Because they are what they are, you often find them rich of positive personnel values.  They are often people that are willing to do what they are best at for free, just for the sake of helping. Those who are not expecting a "thank you" in return, they do it and GTFO!
For them;  work > money.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard