mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I just wanted to say (was gonna respond with this in Miggle's now-closed thread) that Euro Force was a pretty underrated expansion. I enjoyed it and thought Smoke Screen was a pretty good map, and Great Wall was epic. However, the helicopters and jets did have some weird handling that took some getting used to.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Vanilla was still the best.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

So what's new bf2s? Anything interesting in life going on? God I'm way too addicted to this OMGPOP.com site.

On topic: That one map that was shaped like an arch sort of, had the oil cisterns in the middle at the top, that map was total rape for AA
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I can't believe no one wants to chat with me about EF

Am I really the only one who enjoyed this?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

mtb0minime wrote:

I can't believe no one wants to chat with me about EF

Am I really the only one who enjoyed this?
I liked it...

Going to bed now, kthx <3
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Famas = Wingun
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I really enjoyed Smoke Screen and Great Wall. However I thought Taraba Quarry was among the worst maps in the entire game.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Oh yeah that was it. Taraba Quarry was outrageously horrible.

And why the hell is Irish Pride back wtf is this!!!?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
ive never played it... even though i have it

the mods are drunk/conspiring against us
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

they only let War Man have it to fuck with the rest of us.

On Topic: you should try it out. At least play Smoke Screen and Great Wall, those are some amazing maps.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
this is the best thread ever and i predict that it will endure much activity throughout the month of may

perhaps we can inspire a revival of the great, late and muchly missed euro force booster pack?

a truly under-rated gem <3
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

We should all play nothing but Euro Force for the month of May, and discuss it a great deal.

Just please keep out the off-topic chat, there is already a thread for that. This is not an attempt to recreate that sort of thread.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario

Uzique wrote:

this is the best thread ever and i predict that it will endure much activity throughout the month of may

perhaps we can inspire a revival of the great, late and muchly missed euro force booster pack?

a truly under-rated gem <3
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Thanks pace, glad you like it

tbh, if you make a RWF thread about Euro Forces, I will likely read that. The CoD ones I'm not too interested in since I've only played the two Modern Warfare iterations

But only do it if you're interested in it as well. I don't want to feel like I was pressuring you or anything. I'd rather read a dedicated sincere thread about something I don't care much for, than a poor attempt at something I do like written by someone who doesn't
Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

I used to play Euro Force all the time back in my misspent youth. I made a second account to play Great Wall primarily on. I made many attempts to popularize many EF servers and the best success I had was on a 24/7 Great Wall server that had a good but short run. I felt at the beginning that EF should have been free or maybe had more content, which might have prompted it to become more successful, but it was implemented poorly. Those who bought it could only play it on one account, and if you wanted to play on a different account you needed to change the designated account to play with on in the EA downloader.

The EU is really a fun army to play as or against. The stock weapons are certainly one of the best in the game, and there is clearly little to no reason at all to use unlocks over them unless it's based on personal preference. The only map where these weapons are truly expressed is on Great Wall. That map is one of the most unique maps in BF2 and I thought was quite bold of DICE to make a map based on the Great Wall of China. It has the ultimate fortress feel and gameplay to it where holding at least one point within the walls is critical. Some people raged because if the enemy team that held the walls were good, their defense could be very solid and breaking through was unlikely. Engineers could drop AT mines at the only entrance for your team to enter and ensure no vehicles could pass.

Most people didn't play the 16 player version though, which was a superior infantry map. In fact, you would be surprised to find a lot of 16 player maps played on IO are quite fun, but I liked 16 player Great Wall with vehicles because there were only transports except one mobile AA that would spawn and it wasn't hard to take out with the tow missile which only took one hit to either kill instantly or set on fire. It was one of the more memorable maps I thought, and since EF is free, people should give it at least one try.

My only issue was that people would spam claymores and grenades too often. Seriously when your only path was on the walls to say the Quan Tower, someone would have to die, although there is a secret I know that sometimes works. It's tricky to do and is very cumbersome but it's fun when it works.

I attempted to learn how to use the BF2 editor to make my own EU maps and possibly edit EF maps to see how I could make them better but the editor gave me issues and I gave up. That was a long time ago though, and if I put enough time and effort I probably could get the basics with the editor but I don't have that time anymore.

Well that was my rant for the day. I remember when the only time I visited BF2s was to post in the Euro Force section. There were a few good fellas I meet but if only the whole community embraced the boosters more. I don't blame them for not giving too much interest though. I can understand where some people felt it was sub-par overall but EF had some unusual charm on me for some reason.

ps. if you guys are serious about starting some EF revival, I'll actually play BF2 again, but you need to be serious. Discuss with me via PM or whatever and I'll set up a server for us all.

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-05-01 00:04:26)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6528|Hungary
^^ What about changing the maps and settings of the current BF2s server?
I know most of you will say "you will fail if you think that you can populate that server"

I think its possible, and only a few people needed who join it everyday. BF2s has this great and popular website, why not having a populated server?
We could have EF maps only, also new server name (now its BF2s 1.5 Madness with 32 slots).

I support everything.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
great wall was pimp.  best map ever.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
as long as you skip taraba I'm in
pace51
Boom?

mtb0minime wrote:

tbh, if you make a RWF thread about Euro Forces, I will likely read that. The CoD ones I'm not too interested in since I've only played the two Modern Warfare iterations

But only do it if you're interested in it as well. I don't want to feel like I was pressuring you or anything. I'd rather read a dedicated sincere thread about something I don't care much for, than a poor attempt at something I do like written by someone who doesn't
Can I ask something? I completely read the EF manuals, as I love diagrams and reading, lulz. Aneyways, um, how do I register the booster packs? Al I want at this point is a customer service number for EA so they can do it for me, because, well, the online instructions didn't work. If so, thanks!

I will write guides

Last edited by pace51 (2010-05-01 04:49:11)

BLdw
+27|5141|M104 "Sombrero"

pace51 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Can I ask something? I completely read the EF manuals, as I love diagrams and reading, lulz. Aneyways, um, how do I register the booster packs? Al I want at this point is a customer service number for EA so they can do it for me, because, well, the online instructions didn't work. If so, thanks!

I will write guides
Couldn't you just install 1.5 patch?

OP, yeah, I like Great Wall and Operation Smoke Screen too. Trapped in Quarry would be nice if there were transport choppas... and maybe couple flags more.

I also wonder why so few people play custom maps? Some of them are pretty damn good.
pace51
Boom?
I bought the game with the 1.5 patch included. It just didn't register my games, and I don't know how to do that, I tried online, but it got too confusing.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
look guys we just wanted somewhere to have a secretive cool-kids-only EE Chat, since War Man the fag made the last one

EF is a terrible, terrible game, and you should all feel ashamed for having ever played it
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

pace51 wrote:

I will write guides
It has been a long time since I used EA downloader and it's interface has gone through at least one update.

Uzique wrote:

look guys we just wanted somewhere to have a secretive cool-kids-only EE Chat, since War Man the fag made the last one

EF is a terrible, terrible game, and you should all feel ashamed for having ever played it
lol you just compromised yourself then.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Pace, you may want to try reinstalling from scratch (but if it's gonna take a while, might not be worth it), then do the 1.41 then 1.5 patches. Apparently you shouldn't need to register or anything since the 1.5 patch gives it to you for free.
pace51
Boom?

mtb0minime wrote:

Pace, you may want to try reinstalling from scratch (but if it's gonna take a while, might not be worth it), then do the 1.41 then 1.5 patches. Apparently you shouldn't need to register or anything since the 1.5 patch gives it to you for free.
well, the one I have gave it to me for free, but when I clicked those maps, it says a need to register online before I can play. Only does that for the EF and AF maps.
Nihil
+15|5776|Malaga, Spain
There is currently a server running 24/7 Great Wall IO. Odd thing is, it's the big version of the map...stranger still is the EF IO server that runs all three EF maps, IO, large size.

I both love and hate GW. If one side gets shut out of the fortress it can be the most boring map in the game. Otherwise it's good unless the server is full of bloody snipers making life as tedious as possible with claymores.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard