blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can’t prove they’re in the United States legally, a poll about Arizona’s new immigration law indicated.The law, the nation’s toughest, seeks to identify, prosecute and deport illegal immigrants and gives police broad powers to stop people on suspicion of being in the United States illegally.Seventy-one percent of poll respondents said they’d support requiring their own police to determine people’s U.S. status if there was “reasonable suspicion” the people were illegal immigrants, the poll found.An equal percentage supported arresting those people if they couldn't prove they were legally in the United States.

Almost two-thirds, or 64 percent, said they believed immigration hurt the United States, with nearly six in 10, or 58 percent, saying illegal immigrants took jobs away from American workers, the poll found.When asked about solving the status of illegal immigrants, 45 percent said undocumented workers should be required to leave their jobs and be deported, the poll found.Sixteen percent said those people should be allowed to continue working on a temporary basis and 28 percent supported letting them to stay and apply for U.S. citizenship.Respondents in the U.S. Midwest were more likely than those in other areas to express a desire to deport illegal immigrants, the poll found.

source

If you had the power would you deport all of the immigrants back to Mexico or let them live and work in Arizona? also do you think it would be a good idea to send Mexican immigrants to England or some of the other wealthier European country? or perhaps western Australia? Personally Mexicans work hard though or at least from my point of view since I've worked with some before in a restaurant.. they did their thing and they didnt bother anyone...  had no problems working with them...... what do you guys think?

Last edited by blademaster (2010-04-29 14:23:58)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6430

blademaster wrote:

If you had the power would you deport all of the immigrants back to Mexico or let them live and work in Arizona?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgZDYNQEwlM
Kill them all.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

they know the route here so they know how to go home
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Benzin
+576|5968
I think the only people immigrants or rather illegal immigrants that are getting their jobs taken away are high school students.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

CapnNismo wrote:

I think the only people immigrants or rather illegal immigrants that are getting their jobs taken away are high school students.
what a minute

american ... legal high school students

well then ........ everything is fine then .... all illegals please come back to your regular paying jobs and continue breaking the law ..... high schoolers please continue to sit there on the couch
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
"The online poll"

very scientific.  AOL polls also had mccain beating obama by 780 electoral votes
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Regardless of whether or not most people support it, the law will likely become a vessel for profiling.

The lawsuits will mount so fast that the law probably will be repealed or no longer enforced within a few months.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

Regardless of whether or not most people support it, the law will likely become a vessel for profiling.

The lawsuits will mount so fast that the law probably will be repealed or no longer enforced within a few months.
How exactly is 'racial profiling' unwarranted in this case? Who are the illegal immigrants? Are they from Germany? Russia? China? Australia? What do they look like? Should they stop everyone on the street on the off chance that they are illegal just to be fair? Or, could they, I dunno, stop people who look like they might be an illegal immigrant from a place the state is having issues with illegal immigration crossing their borders on a daily basis?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

How exactly is 'racial profiling' unwarranted in this case? Who are the illegal immigrants? Are they from Germany? Russia? China? Australia? What do they look like? Should they stop everyone on the street on the off chance that they are illegal just to be fair? Or, could they, I dunno, stop people who look like they might be an illegal immigrant from a place the state is having issues with illegal immigration crossing their borders on a daily basis?
I'm not saying it's unwarranted.  However, racial profiling conflicts with the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'm not saying it's unwarranted.  However, racial profiling conflicts with the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.
They aren't citizens and therefore have no constitutional rights.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck... It's probably a duck.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

They aren't citizens and therefore have no constitutional rights.
The illegals no...   Hispanic citizens who will be harassed by this law do though...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

You know what... when I want to go out, I bring my ID. If I want beer or smokes, ID. What is the problem with making people carry their ID? Seems pretty common to me. In fact, I think it's a law in most states.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Turquoise
O Canada

King_County_Downy wrote:

You know what... when I want to go out, I bring my ID. If I want beer or smokes, ID. What is the problem with making people carry their ID? Seems pretty common to me. In fact, I think it's a law in most states.
In a practical sense, yes.  I do as well.

Still, I'm pretty sure there are going to be a lot of pissed off legal Hispanics that will get tired of being asked for ID while just out walking from place to place.  Eventually, the lawsuits will come.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Turquoise wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Still, I'm pretty sure there are going to be a lot of pissed off legal Hispanics that will get tired of being asked for ID while just out walking from place to place.  Eventually, the lawsuits will come.
Or their ire will be directed where it's appropriate, at the illegals who have made their own lives difficult by raising resentment.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

70% of Americans...

1002 people polled.

fail poll is fail.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5133

eleven bravo wrote:

"The online poll"

very scientific.  AOL polls also had mccain beating obama by 780 electoral votes
The best one was the one that showed Ron Pual winning every state in the GOP primary
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Or their ire will be directed where it's appropriate, at the illegals who have made their own lives difficult by raising resentment.
That's certainly possible, but I think you're giving people too much credit here...
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

King_County_Downy wrote:

If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck... It's probably a duck.
Unless that duck is an American citizen.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Canadians, if this were New York.

Immigration officer: Where were you born?
Rudy: What?
Immigration officer: Read my lips, El Paco. Where were you born?
Rudy: I was born in East L.A., man.
Immigration officer: Sure, sure. If you were born in East L.A., then who's the president of the United States?
Rudy: I-I don't know, that guy, that guy who was on T.V., the guy in the cowboy hat... he used to be on "Death Valley Days"... uh, John Wayne!
Immigration officer: Get him out of here.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

At any rate, it's come to state action because the feds have been hedging around immigration reform for years.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-04-29 18:22:19)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Canadians, if this were New York.

Immigration officer: Where were you born?
Rudy: What?
Immigration officer: Read my lips, El Paco. Where were you born?
Rudy: I was born in East L.A., man.
Immigration officer: Sure, sure. If you were born in East L.A., then who's the president of the United States?
Rudy: I-I don't know, that guy, that guy who was on T.V., the guy in the cowboy hat... he used to be on "Death Valley Days"... uh, John Wayne!
Immigration officer: Get him out of here.
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I think I'm with Shakira on this.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
Just more evidence that the US is headed down the shitter. Can't wait to see the next series of cockamamie laws your xenophobes dream up next.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

70% of Americans...

1002 people polled.

fail poll is fail.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/127598/Ameri … n-Law.aspx

~1000 people is a pretty standard number used for polls, it gets you the ~3-5% error you usually see.

---

There is a fine line between enforcing immigration laws to prevent a huge influx of people and nativist shit disguised as immigration enforcement. It's going to be veeeeery difficult for a law that allows police to stop people under "reasonable" circumstances to make them prove their citizenship to walk that line.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard