Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6751|Reality
Hello techy guys
Please post a list of manufacturer's in from greatest to worse.
Who are the good, the bad and the fugly?

The concensus so far
lifetime waranties FTW!

The Good
Corsair
Kingston
OCZ
Mushkin
G.Skill

The Bad
l

The Fugly

PS Crucial is hard to place since people have put it in all 3 categories therefore its record seems spotty.

Last edited by Stubbee (2010-04-16 09:11:44)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6575|NYC / Hamburg

Anything with a lifetime warranty will be fine. Many people don't like Kingston, but they run fine at stock speeds. Personally, I see no reason to OC ram. Just buy sufficiently fast ram.

Most of my PCs run Mushkin RAM. Only one stick going bad out of a total of maybe 30
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
Damnit, I never noticed you only asked for RAM and started typing out for any computer component..

Corsair, Kingston, OCZ, G.Skill, Crucial.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I prefer Corsair > Kingston > Other lifetime warranties...

Personally I stay away from cheaper ram like A-data and Crucial but honestly, never heard bad stories about them...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I have Crucial RAM, and their customer support is amazing.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney
Is Strontium RAM any good?

I'm having trouble sourcing a 1G stick of DDR3 @ 1333Mhz locally, except for the afore mentioned brand.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Corsair - OCZ - Crucial - Mushkin - A-Data - Geil - G.Skill - Kingston - PQI - Dodgy stuff

Something along those lines. Of course varies a lot, for example OCZ high-end stuff is very good but low-end not so.

I've only had a stick of G.Skill go bad on me.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-04-15 06:52:28)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6575|NYC / Hamburg

Jaekus wrote:

I'm having trouble sourcing a 1G stick of DDR3 @ 1333Mhz locally, except for the afore mentioned brand.
I think they repackage Hynix chips. I see no reason why they should be bad. How does the warranty look?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6205|Winland

Jaekus wrote:

Sounds like generic China RAM to me.

Not necessarily a bad thing.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney

max wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think they repackage Hynix chips. I see no reason why they should be bad. How does the warranty look?
The supplier has a 1 year back to base warranty for any defects on parts, so it should be fine.

Thanks guys.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6586|Columbus, OH
My preference: OCZ, Corsair, other, very last Crucial.
I have had different types of Crucial memory and they tend to go bad over time.
alexb
<3
+590|5947|Kentucky, USA

G.Skill.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
OCZ have been good to me, as well as G.Skill for builds I've done.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

Corsair > rest with lifetime warranty.

For stock PCs those Kingstons have worked nicely.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6121|SC | USA |
Ive always used OCZ or corsair.

I think my current set of corsair is bad, I've had to switch back over to my set of OCZ.

Rock solid with the OCZ, barely stable with the corsair. Same specs on both sets.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6699
Theres only a handful of companies that make ram. I think 3? The biggest and best is samsung.
Everyone is getting the same stuff. If the chip is rated for that speed of operation, it is good for exactly that.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Theres only a handful of companies that make ram. I think 3? The biggest and best is samsung.
Everyone is getting the same stuff. If the chip is rated for that speed of operation, it is good for exactly that.
Samsung make memory? Are you thinking hard-drives?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Finray wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Samsung make memory? Are you thinking hard-drives?
I think he means the chips... (Samsung semi-conductor corp makes stuff like SDRAM chips)

But yeah he's wrong

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-23 14:16:41)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard