.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys
getting bored of this game after 50 hrs

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2010-04-20 00:27:53)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6645
...it could definitely use another 3-4 maps.  I'd love to see a swampy map ala Songua Stalemate, and a map like Devil's Perch.

I can't really say I care enough to bitch about any of the "cheap" tactics in this game, so long as I'm playing non-hardcore.  It all seems to balance out TBH.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Really really needs more maps. The current ones are just way too linear, and the decent maps don't make up for the outrageously shitty ones.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
There needs to be a map like Karkand. One where there's a LOT of buildings and places to explore. Having up to a dozen on any given map really doesn't cut it in the long term interest stakes.

Sure, the maps are bigger, especially in Rush mode, but there's not much point in exploring the whole map when you have an objective.

Probably one of the more lacking areas of the game.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51

Jaekus wrote:

There needs to be a map like Karkand. One where there's a LOT of buildings and places to explore. Having up to a dozen on any given map really doesn't cut it in the long term interest stakes.

Sure, the maps are bigger, especially in Rush mode, but there's not much point in exploring the whole map when you have an objective.

Arica Harbor = Karkand I/O but smaller..

And no..WE DIDN'T NEED A FUCKIN' KARKAND IMITATION IN THE FIRST PLACE!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

MP – Added minimum number of players needed to start a round (you can play and take objectives but you will get no score until 4 or more players join the server)

Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons
I wonder if the M60 has been nerfed at all
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

ebug9 wrote:

MP – Added minimum number of players needed to start a round (you can play and take objectives but you will get no score until 4 or more players join the server)

Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons
I wonder if the M60 has been nerfed at all
im pretty sure they nerfed m60 and m1911. possibly gl and cg too.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Of course we do. It's one of the all time best maps.
RDMC
+736|6556|Area 51

Jaekus wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No it wasn't. Period.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

Karkand is one of the decent pub maps, horrible for anything competitive. It's popularity is probably due to the 64 version uncap spawn points being close to the first mec flag. That is not present in any other map and afterall, most servers run IO 64p maps. In 16 size there are lots of maps that are way superior to Karkand, for example Sharqi, Oman, Jala, Mash.

If Warlord and Ghost town weren't SF, they'd be everyone's most played maps. Only maps I enjoy playing in 64p.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-04-20 08:13:06)

Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

RDMC wrote:

No it wasn't. Period.
Different strokes dude. I personally love the map on an i/o 22 player server, 32p size.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-04-20 08:16:00)

Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

DUnlimited wrote:

Karkand is one of the decent pub maps, horrible for anything competitive. It's popularity is probably due to the 64 version uncap spawn points being close to the first mec flag. That is not present in any other map and afterall, most servers run IO 64p maps. In 16 size there are lots of maps that are way superior to Karkand, for example Sharqi, Oman, Jala, Mash.

If Warlord and Ghost town weren't SF, they'd be everyone's most played maps. Only maps I enjoy playing in 64p.
I really miss SF. I never did get enough play on it, and my only option now is single player
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys

DUnlimited wrote:

Corrected: Karkand was so popular because all the noobulite sergeants got the most points out of throwing grenades and claymores on that map.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Corrected: Karkand was so popular because all the noobulite sergeants got the most points out of throwing grenades and claymores on that map.
This. If the northern and southern squads didn't break through on the mountain and river respectively in the initial rush, it turned into a half hour of tedium watching wave after wave of teammates spawning, throwing their four grenades in the vicinity of the Hotel and then watching them run face first into a wall of bullets. Karkand sucked, but there were much worse maps. Jalalabad on I/O made me want to rip my hair out. The only map that never really got old was Sharqi.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State
Sharqi was the best urban map with the chopper v. chopper fights, Humvee rolling... Armor fights, I could go on...

They need to remake that map for BC2, it's definitely possible, just replace the AH1Z with the AH64
DUnlimited
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Well that is exactly what "64 version uncap spawn points being close to the first mec flag" results to.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5447
I hope they port some BF2 map into BC2, like wake (my fav ) or dalian plant....

Also on a more serious note

Why no jets? They were the best part of bf2 to me /

Last edited by RoaringJet[FIN] (2010-04-21 09:11:08)

RDMC
+736|6556|Area 51

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

I guess because unlike the USMC, the Army doesn't actually have jets? Just a guess..

Do miss them though
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

RDMC wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

I guess because unlike the USMC, the Army doesn't actually have jets? Just a guess..

Do miss them though
Damn jets were the cancer of BF2s...

Everyone wanted to fly them, leading to TKs, Noob-blockers and +5 people waiting for the same jet...
And they were homosexually overpowered if one knew how to fly / exploit the weak tracking of AA
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

FloppY_ wrote:

oh, you mean the Real World Facts about Jets threads.

Last edited by burnzz (2010-04-21 10:09:28)

RDMC
+736|6556|Area 51

FloppY_ wrote:

RDMC wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Do miss them though

Everyone wanted to fly them, leading to TKs, Noob-blockers and +5 people waiting for the same jet...
And they were homosexually overpowered if one knew how to fly / exploit the weak tracking of AA
Planes weren't much overpowered (Except for the J-10) AA was just underpowered. And tk, blocking part is just fail of the bf2 players. Could have simply been avoided by turning off FF on ranked servers.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
No planes because the BC2 maps are too small for planes. Also, the US Army doesn't have any aircraft (Other than Helis) of it's own. So they rely entirely on the USAF when it comes down to planes.

The USMC is fucking win for a reason; air, land and sea.

My biggest issue is the CG now, but I'm still having big problems with 40mike mike scum whores.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5447
Add huge run off zones (just like in BF2...) or just have ground-attack jets, like AC10s or Frogfoots if the size is an issue.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

RDMC wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Do miss them though

Planes weren't much overpowered (Except for the J-10) AA was just underpowered. And tk, blocking part is just fail of the bf2 players. Could have simply been avoided by turning off FF on ranked servers.
You don't understand me... the thing that failed the most about jets (and aircraft in BF2 in general) was the fact that only 2-4 people out of 32 could enjoy the flying when they felt like it... whilst those 2-4 were whoring it up and jumping "lines" when respawning the rest were having a miserable time if they wanted to take a jet/chopper for a spin...

If I wanted to fly in BF2 I'd go to the airport where I could be lucky to be the only one waiting for the respawn, only to have the faggot of a selfish pilot join me in a "E-key" spamfest to see who gets the plane... If it was my turn to have it and he won the E-spam then I'd fucking TK / block the fucking faggot...

tl;dr no jets kthx
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
Protip: You can hold down E to send "Enter Vehicle" constantly.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard