FloppY_
­
+1,010|6255|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I completely agree, it's totally relative. Whether a gun is pretty or not should never be an issue. Design however, the way it's held, etc. is very important, and the M16 is amazing and excels in accuracy, design, reliability.

If you clean an M16 once a day, it will work when we need it. Another big issue is lube. You use the wrong lube on ANY gun and it's fucked depending on the conditions you're shooting in. I've held so many guns, and the M16 is the most comfortable, the mag release, the bolt release, the sights, everything about it is just perfect for combat.

The only drawback I can think of with the M16 is the light caliber.
Meh, if I were to live in the US where owning an semi-assault rifle was possible, I couldn't be arsed to clean it that often... I could live with once or twice a month...
In which case I guess I'd have to get some kind of AK / M416 or a Colt 1911...
Good thing 1911's are so fucking awesome then

Oh btw, isn't the reload animation of the FAL in MW2 the coolest reload animation evar?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d-FlFM8Ql0
Can anyone tell me if that is the intended way to reload it IRL? or is it just a gimmick from the game?
Waste of a perfectly good mag tbh. Most soldiers put the mags back on their vest when they reload so they can refill it later. Only time when you want to reload like that is in combat in pure desperation. Or if in your a position in which your not moving and can pick up the mags later.
Well that is obvious... but if you are taking fire you would not waste time by putting empty mags in your pocket would you?

What I mean't was, is that the reason the release mechanism on the clips work like that?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
The only thing i don't like about the M16 is its weight... it feels too light almost. i'm used to toying around with SA80 series though, and thats markedly different so maybe that's were i'm coming from.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5327|London, England

FloppY_ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ugly is subjective. I think the 'futuristic' weapons like the Steyr AUG and F2000 are hideous.

The M-16 is a reliable weapon. It had problems early in Vietnam but they were fixed in the past 50 years
I completely agree, it's totally relative. Whether a gun is pretty or not should never be an issue. Design however, the way it's held, etc. is very important, and the M16 is amazing and excels in accuracy, design, reliability.

If you clean an M16 once a day, it will work when we need it. Another big issue is lube. You use the wrong lube on ANY gun and it's fucked depending on the conditions you're shooting in. I've held so many guns, and the M16 is the most comfortable, the mag release, the bolt release, the sights, everything about it is just perfect for combat.

Meh, if I were to live in the US where owning an semi-assault rifle was possible, I couldn't be arsed to clean it that often... I could live with once or twice a month...

Oh btw, isn't the reload animation of the FAL in MW2 the coolest reload animation evar?
Can anyone tell me if that is the intended way to reload it IRL? or is it just a gimmick from the game?
It just needs to be cleaned after use. If it hasn't been used there's no reason to clean it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It just needs to be cleaned after use. If it hasn't been used there's no reason to clean it.
oic... that I could live with...

I've considered going into range shooting with .45's here at home... I do think it is quite expensive to get the licence and gun... But I just find the .20 caliber "standard" range pistols boring

And I think it is illegal to bring such a gun home but I am unsure...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-16 15:48:34)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
That's why American freaking rocks!

Back onto the M16: you only need to clean it after you've shot it. I've only had one M4 jam on me and I've shot dozens of AR-15s and XM177Es (old M4). The M4 jammed because the magazines were shit quality.

It's just too easy to shoot an M16A2 accurately, I mean it's a joke, point and click and it's hit. I was at 300 yards with a Marine friend of mine, and we were trying out different weapons on long range. I missed like once with the M4, adjusted the sights for bullet drop and I was hearing PIIIIING all day long.

Oh and we had an M1A too, that was pretty awesome, with a 10x scope.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's just too easy to shoot an M16A2 accurately, I mean it's a joke, point and click and it's hit.
lol no
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

11 Bravo wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's just too easy to shoot an M16A2 accurately, I mean it's a joke, point and click and it's hit.
lol no
wuuuuuut? I think you need to draw the line between games and IRL.
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Waste of a perfectly good mag tbh. Most soldiers put the mags back on their vest when they reload so they can refill it later. Only time when you want to reload like that is in combat in pure desperation. Or if in your a position in which your not moving and can pick up the mags later.
Well that is obvious... but if you are taking fire you would not waste time by putting empty mags in your pocket would you?

What I mean't was, is that the reason the release mechanism on the clips work like that?
Well if you are in a engagement with properly trained squadmates, they're expected to cover you while you are reloading so you can take a bit more time to reload.

and no, I don't think the release mechanism works like that. You should youtube "MW2 FAL reload IRL" to be sure, a lot of people like to make videos of themselves reloading real guns like in games, don't ask me why :3. Just make sure the video isn't of a Airsoft FAL.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5425
I thought this was a BF forum, not the redneck gun nut club
Chou
+737|6760
AMMO HIP BANDOLIER + MAGNUM AMMUNITION = JIZZ ON A STICK!!
FloppY_
­

Chou wrote:

Ammo+ is useless for assault... you are carrying around a crate full of the crap ffs....
Chou
+737|6760

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

Ammo+ is useless for assault... you are carrying around a crate full of the crap ffs....
Are you serious?
FloppY_
­

Chou wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

Are you serious?
Yeah I'm finding it hard to believe you are though...
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Are you serious?
same. Ammo+ is only for reconcampers who are camping so far from the action the assault guys don't give them ammo.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

11 Bravo wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

lol no
At the shooting range it is. That thing is darn accurate, try an AK or something. MP5s are also damn accurate.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Yeah marine! Haven't you ever fired a gun before? Geez, ffs.
Chou
+737|6760

-Sh1fty- wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

lol no
At the shooting range
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

Are you serious?
same. Ammo+ is only for reconcampers who are camping so far from the action the assault guys don't give them ammo.
doesn't matter if you're near or far , spamammamamamamammmmm "Q" next to him , shoots him in the foot twice (pistol obviously) , option 1: he gets really scared and runs into enemyline fire , die , option 2: WTF DUDE WHY YOU SHOOTIN ME ?! , DIE FAGGOT ...teamkilled
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

mtb0minime wrote:

Yeah marine! Haven't you ever fired a gun before? Geez, ffs.
HA! Smartass!

I'm just saying the M16 is a dead accurate gun.
Trotskygrad
бля

thepilot91 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

doesn't matter if you're near or far , spamammamamamamammmmm "Q" next to him , shoots him in the foot twice (pistol obviously) , option 1: he gets really scared and runs into enemyline fire , die , option 2: WTF DUDE WHY YOU SHOOTIN ME ?! , DIE FAGGOT ...teamkilled
I drop ammo for anyone next to me... Cause the magic ammo crate respawns in my inventory automatically anywayss.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5327|London, England
So was going for bronze stars on my primary account today and only had the AUG left in ARs (due to my previous hideous experience with it). Granted it was in hardcore but I was absolutely raping people with the weapon today. The changes from the patch really helped it out. I was clearing out entire squads with a single clip
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5505|Cerbere Landing
sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just wanted to express my excitement because now that I have platinum with the AUG, I never have to use it again.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5478|America
Yeah I thought the same way for a while then realized in the long run you're actually better off sticking with the weapon you use the most effectively, mostly because you achieve more points with sheer pwnage rather than medals.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2010-07-07 18:35:30)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere

Blade4509 wrote:

Yeah I thought the same way for a while then realized in the long run you're actually better off sticking with the weapon you use the most effectively, mostly because you achieve more points with sheer pwnage rather than medals.
I doubt it, unless you would double your kill rate with your "pwnage" weapon, which is highly unlikely.

Vector wrote:

sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just wanted to express my excitement because now that I have platinum with the AUG, I never have to use it again.
I feel the same way after I got mine. Giant POS that gun is.

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-07-07 22:09:36)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6706

How about firing in burst as opposed to full auto? Seem to do the trick for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard