lAgBlRhino
+8|6739|Brisbane

INCSOC wrote:

Sgt.Jimmie wrote:

lol, tbh stat paddin makes it unfair on the rest of us who actually earn their medals... i laught at people when they say ''can someone help me get k nife badge'' lol cant you fukers just earn it??
How does it affect you trying to get your shiny bits of pixels?
Fact 1: Badges are just little digital bits of data that EA gives you with a false sense of accomplishment, in hopes to keep you playing for hours and hours.
Fact 2: Other people's badges in no way reflect on your stats nor do they give them any advantage over other players
Fact 3: Earning a select few badges the "honest" way improves YOUR skill while using the specific weapon/kit/vehicle
Fact 4: Earning every single badge and medal only proves that you have a LOT of spare time and probably need to get a better hobby.  It doesn't guarantee that you're "1337" or whatever else you want to call it, because the only REAL requirement on any of those is HOURS of play using whatever. 

While i do not promote "statpadding", I could not care less if others did it.  I bought this game and i would like to play it how I want to play.  In my case sometimes I play to get some award, sometimes to fly, other times i want to be in a squad, and a lot of times I set strange "unproductive" objectives that i accomplish during my game.  Sometimes those objectives include TKing a whole bunch of people

I'll give you another good example of an objective that I once set for myself (and completed mind you).  [Kill every single person on the server (including your team) at least once during one round.]  Took me a few rounds and a few servers (damn kicks) but i did it.  I think THAT deserves a medal.  Spending 100 hours in a tank proves nothing.  Here's another great one, [Hunt down and kill a specific player (opposite team) at least 10 times during one game, every kill using a different weapon.] 

In anycase, play the game how you like it, there're thousands of servers.  If you don't like how the game is being played on one of them... chances are they don't like you either... you don't have to stay.  Find one that you like.
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give this man a medal/badge/ribbon.

Congrats mate, you summed it up nicely.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6849|NÃ¥rvei

Knife/Pistol servers ... i`ve even seen a C4 only server *lol*

So whats the problem, i can understand a guy thats been trying hard to get three of the most difficult badges to join such a server and so what ?

Let them do it - report this and report that, "statpadder spotted" .... who cares, be happy and feel good about yourself if u have earned your badges according to ROE and let the guy with the knife/pistol server badges feel not so good about himself because he still envies those that did it the right way.

The worst badgeholders are in my opinion those that stab and blows up their best friend 18 and 37 times to get expert knife/explosives - thats really pathetic.

Have been on knife/pistol servers myself a few times and it was infact great fun.

But ROE says its not allowed so you should stay away from them, dont risk your stats for a mere badge !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6621

walyl135 wrote:

I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT A KNIFE AND PISTOL STATS PADDING SERVER. i was searching for new servers to play karkand on this morning becuse my favourite ones were all full and i joined a european server that has a name "karkand 24/7 bigscores" thinking it was only becaue they were playing a 16 player server on a 64 player map i joined it was only then that i realised that everyone was padding on there. i got kicked twice for using my assaalt rifle andeventually banned cos the padders got sick of dying with out being able to shoot me with a pistol, the IP is :195.72.152.33 please dont play on this server. CHUY/ ADMIN there is a website to report these servers but i cant remeber what it is please f4 my memory so i can stop this obscene padding....... WALLY135
I was on that. I knew it was knife/pistol only but no admins were on and everyone was using normal weapons and tanks and stuff so I stayed for a while then left because it was just retarded. Its hilarious when I come across a knife/pistol only server. I enter, get in a tank and start mowing down the bunnyhopping idiots until they start a kickvote and even then it took 3 votes to get rid of me and i racked up alot of kills. Statpadding? No, im playin the game the way its meant to be played its not my fault those idiots decided to stick with knives and pistols XD

Last edited by LordDragonclaw (2006-04-20 05:22:13)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6701|USA

david363 wrote:

dude shut the fuck up, no one cares, did it harm you in any way? NO! if people want to stat pad on THEIR server they can do, they pay for it, why the fuck shud u start crying becuse they where using pistols and knives, like come on, it takes more bloody skill to kill with them, then a fully automatic rifle,
the moral of this post is, shut the fuck up and keep wotever u see to yourself
Come on fella....really....
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6701|USA

yerded wrote:

walyl135 wrote:

I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT A KNIFE AND PISTOL STATS PADDING SERVER.
....... WALLY135
Well Wally; your right in thats pistols servers are not cool according to EA. But think of it this way; nobody follows every law, in fact being a scofflaw is the norm. Look at all the politicians who take bribes, old ladies abusing prescription drugs while voting for tough marijuanna laws. Priests diddling children whist pushing for ammesty for illegal aliens. I mean seriously, have you ever met a truely honest businessman? If you say yes it's because you are young and still wet behind the ears. What percentage of Americans have had a few cocktails or beers and then driven home with their kids in the last week, 50, 60 70%?
     My point is, this is a silly R.O.E. and should be discontinued by E.A.
     On popular games such as Raven Shield and CS pistol rooms are the norm where the action is fast, ruthless and skill dependant. I personally could give a rip about my stats. One of my favorite things to do go into pistol rooms and purposely hunt down noobs...such as yourself who refuse to get with the program and kill them with my trusty knife, shinny black pistol and shock paddles.

I say somebody start a poll as to whether pistol servers should be allowed and badge requirements increased to reflect this.

As far as stat padding, if you play long enough somebody will eventually accuse you of doing it no matter what. I prefer to use the tank, on Karkand playing Engineer and Commander, I'll wager you a gig of ram that in many eyes that makes me a Karkand/Tank Whore. What the heck, it's the best map and funest kit. Go ahead flame me I deserve it.
There seem to be alot of people who love the knife pistol server fights. They say its so much FUN! They say I could care less about stats. Can do it on Counter Strike. I know there are pistol only CS competitions on TWL. SO why do it on battlefield? Why rip anyone who wants to report what they see as unfair in the eyes of the same ROE everyone agreed to when they loaded this game?  I've played knife/pistol only on unranked servers before. I find them very boring. The ONLY reason to do it on ranked servers is to get the badges. Otherwise those that want a good fun knife/pistol only server should post on here and get it together on a n unranked. I hear the excuse for not going unranked is because no one is ever on them. 

Do what you do....I will not stop you and am too lazy to report anyone myself. I just don't want to see the thread next week "OMFG EA WHORES RESET ME!!!1111"
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6718|Denver, CO

lAgBlRhino wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

Sgt.Jimmie wrote:

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give this man a medal/badge/ribbon.

Congrats mate, you summed it up nicely.
Thank you

Varegg wrote:

So whats the problem, i can understand a guy thats been trying hard to get three of the most difficult badges to join such a server and so what ?
I understand why the Knife and Pistol clause is in the ROE.  It's not there per-se to eliminate knife/pistol "statpadding" it's there because it is against the rules for the Server Admin to prohibit players from using In-Game content, in this case being the weapons.  The common misconception is that if everybody decides to pick a knife or a pistol they're "statpadding", that is not so.  It is within all rights of an admin to ENCOURAGE the players on his server to use just a knife or a pistol.  However, the admin has NO right to kick a player if the later decides to jump into a tank or pick up a GL/AT/SR/..., which is usually exactly what happens on one of these servers.  The strange thing is that I have not seen anybody do this correctly, and the admin always violates the ROE by kicking the players for using other weapons. 

The point is.  If it is done right, it does not violate the ROE and could be a lot of fun, but i've yet to see somebody do it. (server admins reading this hint hint)
joey_915
+4|6619
K&P servers are weird. they usually:
are on strike at karkand
everyones a medic
everyones gathered around hotel trying to knife eachother
people on other streets are shooting at eachother
if you capture a flag the admin gets pissed off and bans the player who captured it
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6752|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
www.bfroe.com (and use search next time)
Fretzli
+10|6681|Switzerland
I haven't found a single unranked pistol and knife only server.
But i want to play on an unranked one.
eatmywheaties
+2|6797
i believe stat padding is distinctly mentioned as taboo in the terms of service for RENTING a server.

just because people pay for that server doesn't mean they own it.  They just pay for administrative rights.
IronFerret
+48|6696|Mexico City.

walyl135 wrote:

so i can stop this obscene padding....... WALLY135
LOL LOL LOL!!!

Obscene!!.. i use obscene like for example: people diying in africa or here in latin america (because of aids and no food). i think you have to straigth out your priorities dude. waste that energy in something that worth it.
coco
medic whore
+60|6585|california
their are alot of knives and pistol servers
r0oki3
+13|6586

walyl135 wrote:

I WOULD LIKE TO REPORT A KNIFE AND PISTOL STATS PADDING SERVER. i was searching for new servers to play karkand on this morning becuse my favourite ones were all full and i joined a european server that has a name "karkand 24/7 bigscores" thinking it was only becaue they were playing a 16 player server on a 64 player map i joined it was only then that i realised that everyone was padding on there. i got kicked twice for using my assaalt rifle andeventually banned cos the padders got sick of dying with out being able to shoot me with a pistol, the IP is :195.72.152.33 please dont play on this server. CHUY/ ADMIN there is a website to report these servers but i cant remeber what it is please f4 my memory so i can stop this obscene padding....... WALLY135
OMG go tell your mom ... quickly...
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6637|Cheshire. UK
ok so now 1.3 is in ...are you going to report all the support guys stood around the back of the SAS spawn in Ghost town for firing gas into the water for their tactical support badge......

Whats the point...the game is for playing ...you pay for it you play it how you want...

Sheeesh.....ITS A FUCKING GAME ...get out more
Negativo-Revisited
Banned
+0|6585

walyl135 wrote:

<- Random Rant Here ->
Il give you something to cry about when i next see you on a server.

~ Moi
kopite1
+0|6585
Go Out Get Drunk Get A Girl And Have Some Freak...its A Game Ffs.....gimp

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard