Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Disclaimer.. in General.

Many times..
I have family in Canada. My grandparent spoke French first. So yea, they had quite the accent.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6533

Ryan wrote:

SealXo wrote:

ontario + alberta = accent
BC = no

people in ontario tend to say "ohh ya?" a lot alberta is more the "aboot", but both say eh equally
I live in Alberta, never heard an "aboot" in my life.
no wai. thats weird.......

edit: fuck nvm i got manitoba and alberta mixed up

my dad was born in ontario and my grandpa was born in montreal, but my great grandfather is from Lithuania, so not French,

Last edited by SealXo (2010-04-12 15:09:55)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

Yeah it depends where you're from.  Maritimes have a really thick accent.  Rural places (especially in the Praries) have the typical "Canadian" accent.  BC and Ontario dont really have much of an accent other than we say some words differently than Americans (out, eh, etc). 
Quebec is just French.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Once I pay attention to it, I can hear Canadian in her voice, but it also sounds like north-central US.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

"Sorry" sounds funny when Canadians say it. Like "sore-E". And other than the typical out, eh stuff, they sound like Americans, but not 100%. Sometimes you can just tell, there's an ever-so-slight difference.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North

ghettoperson wrote:

SealXo wrote:

BC = no

people in ontario tend to say "ohh ya?" a lot alberta is more the "aboot", but both say eh equally
Dude a thick BC accent stands out a mile off.
for fucking srs

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Yeah it depends where you're from.  Maritimes have a really thick accent.  Rural places (especially in the Praries) have the typical "Canadian" accent.  BC and Ontario dont really have much of an accent other than we say some words differently than Americans (out, eh, etc). 
Quebec is just French.
where im at in the maritimes we sound just like most of the US and Canada... although if you go to the far north eastern bit of nova scotia that changes COMPLETELY, and don't even get me started on Newfoundland

that prairies do have the stereotypical Canadian accent, which is funny

and no, Quebec isn't JUST french... different parts of Quebec have different versions of French each with their own special accents and grammar rules

mtb0minime wrote:

"Sorry" sounds funny when Canadians say it. Like "sore-E". And other than the typical out, eh stuff, they sound like Americans, but not 100%. Sometimes you can just tell, there's an ever-so-slight difference.
as opposed to the sar-E i hear from you 
Ioan92
+337|5720

TSI wrote:

Ever been to Quebec?
ostie d'calise de tabernak
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Morpheus wrote:

what's this all aboot, eh?
It's aboot dignity.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

Kmarion wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

I quite like the Canadian accent, more so than the American.
We've got about a dozen or so. It might have something to do with our diversity.
Yeah, poor wording by moi. I prefer it to the American accents I've heard.

I definately think there's a difference, just like there's a difference between New York, Texas and California.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6505
canadian accents:

French accents
maritime accents
eskimo accents
generic canadian accent (eh, guy, oh yaaa, sore-E, etc.)
no accent (you know what i mean)

tbh blademaster, how'd you miss this:

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
they sound like americans.

thats for john lennon you Yankee fuckin' cunt

Last edited by m3thod (2010-04-13 03:00:06)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Definite accent, identifiably Canadian, and cute.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6617|Auteuil, Laval

Ioan92 wrote:

TSI wrote:

Ever been to Quebec?
ostie d'calise de tabernak
lol

We have a lot of those accent here.  Plus those; é à ç è ù ô ê î ï.

Yeah, Québec is not just French.  The majority of the south western part of Québec and a big portion of Montréal is English. 
Irish, Italians, Greeks, Portoricains to name a few and many original English speaking are living here. 
All those nationalities, imagine the accents we have to listen to everyday!
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Everyone has a bloody accent.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

krazed wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

SealXo wrote:

BC = no

Dude a thick BC accent stands out a mile off.
for fucking srs
Really? Rural BC?  I know a quite a few people from BC and lived there for a month (Vancouver) and didnt notice an accent.

krazed wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Quebec is just French.
where im at in the maritimes we sound just like most of the US and Canada... although if you go to the far north eastern bit of nova scotia that changes COMPLETELY, and don't even get me started on Newfoundland

that prairies do have the stereotypical Canadian accent, which is funny
Really?  Hmm, I've never been to the Maritimes but I just assumed they all talked funny

krazed wrote:

and no, Quebec isn't JUST french... different parts of Quebec have different versions of French each with their own special accents and grammar rules
I know, I live in Quebec   I just dont like the French, nobody does.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6575|Columbus, OH
Back in high school when I was a cashier at the local K Mart, I always examine the coins people gave me. Some tried to pawn off the Canadian pennies and dimes. The customer(s) knew what they were doing just playing dumb about the foreign currency....not canadian money in mah till
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6408|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

loubot wrote:

Back in high school when I was a cashier at the local K Mart, I always examine the coins people gave me. Some tried to pawn off the Canadian pennies and dimes. The customer(s) knew what they were doing just playing dumb about the foreign currency....not canadian money in mah till
Only problem now is we're at parity

As for accents, I've never noticed a typical "Canadian" accent, but there are definitely some out there. Newfie stands out pretty good, Quebec english and french are instantly noticeable in my mind. Haven't been with enough West enders to know those yet.
Chou
+737|6788
Girl looks like she's been playing a little too much with her punani.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

blademaster wrote:

Is there such a thing as Canadian accent? when I went to Canada I didnt notice anything but this was like 13 years I was a kid back then and didnt pay attention... anyways what do u think...

some examples....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piYFEAJMsy0

or maybe this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_FKh0_uOak

jk about the 2nd one anyways state what you think....
wait you forgot this

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
there's at least 10 accents i can think of for the Maritimes alone   
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6642

Mekstizzle wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Is there such a thing as Canadian accent? when I went to Canada I didnt notice anything but this was like 13 years I was a kid back then and didnt pay attention... anyways what do u think...

some examples....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piYFEAJMsy0

or maybe this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_FKh0_uOak

jk about the 2nd one anyways state what you think....
wait you forgot this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spclNLYVblk
yea and this is the legendary one

<3 my Canadians
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5481|Bolingbrook, Illinois
It's weird.  I'm not Canadian at all but people say that I pronounce out like a Canadian.  eg. when I say 'about' it sounds like I'm saying 'aboat' according to other people.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6642|Canada

SealXo wrote:

Ryan wrote:

SealXo wrote:

BC = no

I live in Alberta, never heard an "aboot" in my life.
no wai. thats weird.......

edit: fuck nvm i got manitoba and alberta mixed up
Um what? I live in Manitoba and have never heard "aboot" before.

Back on topic, I really don't notice any differences except for Quebec and the Maritimes.
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6617|Auteuil, Laval
Last 2 days at work we had a refresher course + an update training for the software we got from UK.
This bloke came here and boy this accent is really hard to get sometimes.  I can watch news but casual conversation, wow a world of difference.  I made him repeat more than just a few times.  lol
I have an central auditive problem and I read people lips when I listen to them but this guy had his jaws locked.
(All the volume levels are the same, I would almost perceived a pin falling on the floor when someone is yelling beside me)
I had the impression that only the forward part of his mouth was pronouncing the words.

Beside that and the accent from a French born, do you notice the accent from the English person born in Québec?
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6275|Mo Val, Cali

Dilbert_X wrote:

Definite accent, identifiably Canadian, and cute.
I could not tell she had an accent and could care less because she's cute.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard