BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5182|Flying in my boxcar.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Wow, how the fuck did the kid even know how to hang herself, or know what hanging was and what it would cause? Jesus.
It honestly doesn't surprise me in the least.  It is probably the most sad thing I've ever heard of though.
After hearing about second graders having sex, it was only a matter of time before some kid takes a step further. Their minds are like sponges, and will imitate whatever they think is what the grown up world would do in their shoes.
13rin
+977|6480

BeardedHobo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Wow, how the fuck did the kid even know how to hang herself, or know what hanging was and what it would cause? Jesus.
It honestly doesn't surprise me in the least.  It is probably the most sad thing I've ever heard of though.
After hearing about second graders having sex, it was only a matter of time before some kid takes a step further. Their minds are like sponges, and will imitate whatever they think is what the grown up world would do in their shoes.
They're pretty clever.  However the consequences part is lost upon them.  I know, I've a Son in that age.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

Apparently, according to the news release, the parents had spoken with their kids about the dangers of playing with something around their necks. Its not a leap from that to hanging, I am just in shock that a 6 year old would do something like that. If the house wasn't mentally shit holed before, it certainly is now.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
My daughter is 1.5 years younger. I can't imagine.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

that little girl had more determination at her age than i have at mine. RIP
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia
Fuck that's tragic

BeardedHobo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

What. The. Fuck. How is that even possible when they are pre-puberty?!
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

mcminty wrote:

Fuck that's tragic

BeardedHobo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

They touch each other? I dunno. I also was like WTF? when I saw that.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I...can say from experience, it does happen.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

ATG wrote:

ATG laid a girl when he was 6?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Trotskygrad wrote:

ATG wrote:

ATG laid a girl when he was 6?
dammit

i taste blood, i actually bit my tongue

Last edited by burnzz (2010-04-12 19:40:13)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Those wacky mormons
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
Aww, that's terrible!

My guess is that it wasn't really suicide, but rather an attempt of the girl to get attention from her mother/parents by doing something she knew was dangerous and could hurt her.

I know from myself that sometimes as a kid when I was angry at my parents, jealous of my sisters or they were telling me off, I would of think that it'd be nice to sick or hurt, so my parents would be worried and take care for me.

A funny anecdote from my childhood showing the irrationality of a kid's world of thought and the inability to grasp certain consequences:
I once was really pissed off for some reason I don't remember anymore, and decided that it was a good idea to get "revenge" on my mother if I would throw a matchbox car (a cool one with crash mechanic), that I had gotten as a gift that same day, into the waste bin.
I put it there carefully actually and decided to get it out later, but didn't actually tell anyone.
Of course I completely forgot about shortly after when my anger had flown away, and only remembered days later when the trash had been taken out and my matchbox car was gone.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

mcminty wrote:

Fuck that's tragic

BeardedHobo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

You never got boners as a little guy?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6513|Gold Coast
The bloody hell?

Christ, I cant even picture that happening. What the?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia

Flecco wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Fuck that's tragic

BeardedHobo wrote:

You never got boners as a little guy?
Yeah, but a 6 year old should have no sexual impulses/drive... not for another good 4 or so years...
Chou
+737|6792
Pro tip: Keep your fucking kids away from MTV.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

Ilocano wrote:

I don't believe it was suicide...
Agreed.
Quite a few suicides in adults are accidental, due to intended self harm going wrong.
It's such a tragic thing to happen and the mind boggles as to why.
I don't think anyone really knows the answer.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.

Chou wrote:

+1.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
How does watching my super sweet 16 make you suicide?

Mtv my ass, probably just wanted to teach parents a lesson, like that cod kid.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

Chou wrote:

keep you away from DST tbh.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999
Kids at the age of 6 have children in Asia, so suicide at this age in America might not be that surprising.

Last edited by Nordemus (2010-04-13 11:18:08)

cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6474|Kakanien

Nordemus wrote:

Kids at the age of 6 have children in Asia
no way
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Kids at the age of 6 have children in Asia