M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

Not sure whether or not it is set in Vietnam, although there's always a possibility some of it will be.

Site wrote:

Tek9.org is quoting Activision sources regarding the new Call of Duty 7, to be released in November, and they are saying it will be set somewhere between WWII and present day.

Of this there should be no doubt. Activision has hinted that it would leave WWII behind months ago. In addition, Infinity Ward (the other CoD develepor) had a contract stipulating that they would create all CoD games set in the modern and post-modern era. Thus, the only thing open to Treyarch would be to settle the game in the post-War era.

In addition to this information, Tek9 states that their sources have confirmed that some missions will be set in Cuba and at least one in South America.

You will apparently be able to play as a member of the SAS (Special Air Service) and one of those missions will take place in London, at the Iranian embassy in the 1980s.

Tek9 has apparently confirmed that Call of Duty 7: Black Ops will feature the zombie mode.

And finally, to no one's surprise, dedicated servers will also be part of the new Call of Duty game -- a fact that can be independently confirmed by BASHandSlash.com.
There's a few interesting little wars around that era that could be used if not Vietnam, particularly if its from an SAS pov.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6502|Gold Coast
I do not want a half arsed Vietnam CoD. Its either Vietnam, or not for me.

Cold War sounds pretty....challenging. Not sure how everyone who complains about everything would take different time periods etc.

Although an embassy scene would be fucking cool. Perhaps a prequel of CoD MW about Price? I mean 31 years is a long time to be in the SAS (1980-2011), but then again, this is CoD. Anythings possible eh.

I was talking to a friend about this, and nothing much has happened in Cuba regarding the Cold War (in terms of battles between nations etc). Only came up with Bay of Pigs invasion, 62 (nuff said), and Castro in power.

Im just speculating. It sounds rather vague.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Ioan92
+337|5713
That sounds actually interesting.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
This seems like one of those articles we will look at in 4 months and laugh at how inaccurate it is.  Still, thanks for posting, rumors are better than nothing at this point.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Fuck this.

Not buying another CoD I don't think.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5990|Vortex Ring State
fuck that, Korean War CoD
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Trotskygrad wrote:

fuck that, WWI CoD.
Trotskygrad
бля

Sydney wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

fuck that, WWI CoD.
not enough weapon diversity yo.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85
They should just stop making MP for these games and remake James Bond movies for single player.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6586|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

They should just stop making MP for these games and remake James Bond movies for single player.
Nightfire
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Trotskygrad wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

fuck that, WWI CoD.
there's barely any diversity in 4 and 6 but that didn't stop them then...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6098|Birmingham, UK
CoD: Hundred Years War?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

Miggle wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Sydney wrote:

fuck that, WWI CoD.
So what weapon classes did they leave out?

Considering they covered handguns, shotguns, submachine guns, PDWs, bolt-action rifles, semi-automatic rifles, assault rifles, machine guns, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, heavy mounted weapons, knives, mines, C4 and hand grenades.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Cold War COD; you get deployed to a base and try to look intimidating. No shooting allowed.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

thats exactly what i kept telling friends who play cod. IW would do much better making a james bond game.. until battlefield 2 most of the shooters i played were james bond. tons of fun with friends on nightfire, goldeneye, the world is not enough, and agent under fire. kinda stopped playing after the third person ones came out. played everything or nothing but didnt like as much as the fps

lol mtb0minime
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6340|Belfast

SEREVENT wrote:

CoD: Seven Hour War?
Fixed
Oh wait, wrong series

On topic, If it is in Vietnam, I will probably buy it, but it will definatley be my last unless I am wowed by one of the next ones.
Trotskygrad
бля

SEREVENT wrote:

CoD: Hundred Years War?
Lol, considering how much knifing goes on, they might as well do it properly.

Daggers
Short Swords
Long Swords
Claymores
Trotskygrad
бля

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Considering they covered handguns, shotguns, submachine guns, PDWs, bolt-action rifles, semi-automatic rifles, assault rifles, machine guns, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, heavy mounted weapons, knives, mines, C4 and hand grenades.
WW1:

Bolt Action Rifles, handguns, Handheld Automatic Weapons, shotguns, grenades, knives, bayonets

That's about it.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6340|Belfast

Trotskygrad wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

WW1:

Bolt Action Rifles, handguns, Handheld Automatic Weapons, shotguns, grenades, knives, bayonets

That's about it.
+Mounted Heavy MGs
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Considering all automatic weapons are the same gun with different skins in those games.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Trotskygrad
бля

henno13 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

WW1:

That's about it.
+Mounted Heavy MGs
+Mounted mortars, howitzers and moar!

Imagine the TKing going on for the Gas Cannon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard