HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6589
These guys may have a 50:1 kill ratio but who cares, all pilots are a bunch of chumps who'd get an up close and personal whiff of my nuts mano e mano on foot.  If EA made flying realistic by changing a few things:

1)  AA range worse than my line of sight ( I can see a plane, spot a plane, but can't lock onto a plane - wtf?!)

2)  I don't know of any plane in existence that can repair and re-arm in a 2-second flyby of a runway

3)  If a SAM is fired at you in a plane, chances are good you're getting hit, at least you need a change of underwear, but all you have to do is turn, yay!

I know planes do dominate in modern warfare, but J-10's bombing a US carrier every 15 seconds is a fucking joke.  Get real.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
And in real life bombers can hit a target from several miles away - well out of SAM range. The planes are well balanced as they are - a normal bomber can carry several hours worth of fuel.

Last edited by Spark (2006-04-26 17:43:58)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6589

Spark wrote:

And in real life bombers can hit a target from several miles away - well out of SAM range. The planes are well balanced as they are - a normal bomber can carry several hours worth of fuel.
Wow smartass, I wouldn't expect that from someone with only 9 hours in a jet.  Yeah and in real life you have automated AA batteries and shoulder-mounted SAM's too dont you?  But you're right it's not real life, it's a game, but you're out of your mind if you think planes are "well balanced as they are"...
slidero

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

These guys may have a 50:1 kill ratio but who cares, all pilots are a bunch of chumps who'd get an up close and personal whiff of my nuts mano e mano on foot.  If EA made flying realistic by changing a few things:

1)  AA range worse than my line of sight ( I can see a plane, spot a plane, but can't lock onto a plane - wtf?!)

2)  I don't know of any plane in existence that can repair and re-arm in a 2-second flyby of a runway

3)  If a SAM is fired at you in a plane, chances are good you're getting hit, at least you need a change of underwear, but all you have to do is turn, yay!

I know planes do dominate in modern warfare, but J-10's bombing a US carrier every 15 seconds is a fucking joke.  Get real.
Welcome to battlefield 2!
chitlin
Banned
+36|6771
planes are for faggots and i know that bushviper dude .. sorta

hes good and all nice infantry stats ..but his plane ratio is boosted alot by only playing clean sweep.
only threat really is the other bomber and the aa vehicle
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6589

chitlin wrote:

planes are for faggots
thank you
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6836|Australia

eagleray69 wrote:

. how do u guys find these vehicle-rankings?
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_leaderboards. … 9&y=21
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6785|UK

ssonrats wrote:

Hey milk.org don't you play the CROW wake only server sometimes? Im sure i have played with you before.
Yeh Mon!
https://www.wisegorilla.com/images/birds/crow.GIF
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

MostHigh wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/44268395/

This guy is rated number one as aviator.
How can he have such a high rank without getting basic knife and basic pistol?
The badges don't actually stop you getting ranks (except for Major General). They merely decide which rank you get at the 'junctions'.

He would have got Master Sgt. instead of First Sgt and Master Gunnery Sgt instead of Sgt Major.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jaktar
+10|6598

ssonrats wrote:

Check this beast out:

http://bf2s.com/player/58383025/

I played 4 rounds with him on Wake Island and he didn't die even once!

This is no joke but if you are on the opposite side as him you can hardly even use the vehicles or choppers because he'll sniff you out straight away and destroy, one man army lmao.

Also take note of his W/L ratio.
Favorite kit: sniper
Sniper K/D: 0.69

Jet whore extraordinaire!

edit: oh and one last thing....why be a sniper all the time?  So you can shoot guys out of the jet so you can take it.  This guy is probably a major douche.  That kind of K/D can only come from raping non-caps.

Last edited by jaktar (2006-04-26 19:04:27)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

with the exception of BushViper and Inc|Loki, all high ranked pilots suck on the ground
Dtrich-]X[
+4|6648
What i do not get about most of these colonels is they dont even have all their ribbons or badges. its actually in my eyes pretty damn sad that they spent 1,000 + hours playing and dont even have all the simple badges and ribbons.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

Dtrich-]X[ wrote:

What i do not get about most of these colonels is they dont even have all their ribbons or badges. its actually in my eyes pretty damn sad that they spent 1,000 + hours playing and dont even have all the simple badges and ribbons.
they play for fun, perhaps?
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds

stryyker wrote:

Dtrich-]X[ wrote:

they play for fun, perhaps?
QFT

+1
HansMeiser
+7|6652
those numbers dont really mean that much. start a new account and play cleansweep or wake only on a 64 players server, youll have a k/d ratio of over 30 in no time
SoCal*MiTCh
Banned
+2|6584
the heart attack owns me.
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
Um?

Is that a bug? I hope it is.

Or are you being Nyte-ish?
~ Richard Feynman
HansMeiser
+7|6652

][v][artini wrote:

Yeah, http://www.bf2s.com/player/48131109/ - |ccc||PlaneWhore was the best, watch his movie at http://files.bf2s.com/download.php?file=39 he just OWNS, but he never played after the 1.2 patch.
but i do, and i know that ill never would get that ratio if planes just can hit me without even aiming...
what a joke, the guy totally sucks in a plane and obviously only plays against noobs
shows you how much skill is invloved in bf2, he wouldnt have lasted one minute like that with his "flyin skills" in bf42
emperorphoenix
+5|6783|Westeren Australia
well i can't fly good but if he owns then grats
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6754

Yea, pilot KDs depend on several variables:

1. Server size. Mid size = more noobs and less deaths, better chance to get plane, less total planes on some maps; price you pay is harder to rack up kills. Larger = more planes, more people, more AA, but more kills if you can make it work.

2. Whether or not you bail/ditch when your plane is smoking or taken above 50% damage. Most people protecting their plane stats will bail last second just so that they keep rediculously high KDs. Planes rarely go down in a single explosion, you usually have 1-2 seconds to bail.

3. Map. Certain maps have certain advantages. Someone obviously mentioned Wake - J10, but you still will eat a few collision/friendly deaths on wake. Clean sweep is the ultimate death free, bomber rape map - lots of pilots play this, but you have to camp the planes or the helispawns else this map can get dull if your playing infantry.

4. Spawn raping. This is how 99% of people maintain a high KD. Majority of people camp for planes and helis, and said planes always come to spawn rape this high concentration of kills. If you watch 23mm's videos, most of them are him on Oman spawn raping mec's runway over and over.

5. Aircraft choice. J10, Mig29 will yield more kills then taking the bomber on a map with more then one plane type. The bomber will yield a higher score per minute, but you'll eat a few deaths. The F35 can be a powerful bomber if the other teams pilots suck. This is often the case on smaller servers.

6. Playing on the winning team. There is no denying that ground superiority really helps planes maintain superiority. If they are down to an uncap, most pilots will spawn rape - and if they have a single captured, most pilots will rape the shit out of it. It is really hard to get in the air when you are getting spawn raped.

I'm sure there's a few more variables...
Hiei987
+20|6700

HansMeiser wrote:

][v][artini wrote:

Yeah, http://www.bf2s.com/player/48131109/ - |ccc||PlaneWhore was the best, watch his movie at http://files.bf2s.com/download.php?file=39 he just OWNS, but he never played after the 1.2 patch.
but i do, and i know that ill never would get that ratio if planes just can hit me without even aiming...
what a joke, the guy totally sucks in a plane and obviously only plays against noobs
shows you how much skill is invloved in bf2, he wouldnt have lasted one minute like that with his "flyin skills" in bf42
Playing against noobs does not make you a noob.
Chou
+737|6799

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/44268395/

This guy is rated number one as aviator.
That guy is a pain in the ass when you play against him on wake and he gets the J-10.
I guess I never seen so many failled kickvotes IAR in my whole life against him, I think he takes about half the tickets on a server with a plane, he even gets roadkills by doing a driveby over the deck of the Essex.
I'd love to have him on my team but if he's not.. it all ends soon.. btw he goes very far to get a jet too, saw some screenies of the guy not blinking an entire round by standing still on the runway, well I guess thats what you get when you're the best of the best, you take ownership of every plane in the game.
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6655

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

im 96 in the world with jets, but 160 in the world with kills, not bad i guess
thats not bad at all, really. btw, why did u remove that  nice sig of yours, the animated one? was great
SoCal*MiTCh
Banned
+2|6584
Im a spastic
=NwW= SgtD
+16|6585|England basingstoke
wow now thats impressive he must b an amazing player i wwould h8 to b in the air wen he is.........

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard