Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5164
The Obama administration is proposing to open vast expanses of water along the Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the north coast of Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling, much of it for the first time, officials said Tuesday.

The proposal — a compromise that will please oil companies and domestic drilling advocates but anger some residents of affected states and many environmental organizations — would end a longstanding moratorium on oil exploration along the East Coast from the northern tip of Delaware to the central coast of Florida, covering 167 million acres of ocean.

Under the plan, the coastline from New Jersey northward would remain closed to all oil and gas activity. So would the Pacific Coast, from Mexico to the Canadian border
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/scien … nergy.html
Pretty Smart move, will create some jobs which is cool. The Jersey Shore is still untouched too
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land
Stupid idea. moving away from fossil fuels and researching alternative energy is the only way forward.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

Offshore wind farms!!!!!!  Let's do that instead.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire

tuckergustav wrote:

Hurricanes for the win?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

RTHKI wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Hurricanes for the win?
You say hurricane, I say power surge.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

ruisleipa wrote:

Stupid idea. moving away from fossil fuels and researching alternative energy is the only way forward.
Ethanol is a shit fuel source.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land
Maybe, who mentioned ethanol?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

ruisleipa wrote:

Maybe, who mentioned ethanol?
You got another idea on how to power cars? Besides, pretty much ALL cars today run on oil, and I would doubt people would pay to convert their engines or buy a new car for the sake of switching to a different fuel.

For electric purposes: Nuclear is by far the cleanest, most efficient and practical.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land
As a matter of principle we (read: the human race) have to start moving away from oil and other fossil fuels and towards renewable enrgy for two simple reasons. 1) Fossil fuels are limited. 2) They contribute to making the environment worse. I have no magic solution, I don't know about ethanol, I'm talking wind energy, solar energy and so on to power homes, businesses, trains etc. The car is a major problem all over the world. There's no easy answer to that one. But they don't run on gas either (I mean the literal gas, ot the American gas).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

ruisleipa wrote:

As a matter of principle we (read: the human race) have to start moving away from oil and other fossil fuels and towards renewable enrgy for two simple reasons. 1) Fossil fuels are limited. 2) They contribute to making the environment worse. I have no magic solution, I don't know about ethanol, I'm talking wind energy, solar energy and so on to power homes, businesses, trains etc. The car is a major problem all over the world. There's no easy answer to that one. But they don't run on gas either (I mean the literal gas, ot the American gas).
Human innovation will always find a solution. I'm not a big fan of wind and solar since they are very very geographically limited.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

tuckergustav wrote:

^ This. Actually a few years back I had to contribute to a research paper and my little section was on wind energy. It's out there ready for the farming, but people are so caught up in the aesthetics of it and would rather have a brown layer of pollution obscuring their view than a few windmills.

And we need many small nuclear power plants, too.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

mtb0minime wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

^ This. Actually a few years back I had to contribute to a research paper and my little section was on wind energy. It's out there ready for the farming, but people are so caught up in the aesthetics of it and would rather have a brown layer of pollution obscuring their view than a few windmills.

And we need many small nuclear power plants, too.
Offshore underwater current turbines are more efficient no? Or you can build them on top Well one issue does rise for anything offshore is still geographical... And you have to watch out for major port areas as well.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Human innovation will always find a solution. I'm not a big fan of wind and solar since they are very very geographically limited.
Solar isn't. Agree with the human innovation comment, now I'm at uni I'm seeing some truly amazing stuff. People here have managed to get artificial photosynthesis going as a power source.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Solar isn't. Agree with the human innovation comment, now I'm at uni I'm seeing some truly amazing stuff. People here have managed to get artificial photosynthesis going as a power source.
Solar is definitely not as limited as compared to wind. But you don't see solar plants in England
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Solar is definitely not as limited as compared to wind. But you don't see solar plants in England
That's because England's weather is two parts terrible and three parts miserable.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6480
good.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for me!!!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

Whatever happened to the research into sustainable nuclear power?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they were close to achieving it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Hooray for him doing something that appeals to everyone. Except for eco-hippies, but who cares about them.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

The Sheriff wrote:

Whatever happened to the research into sustainable nuclear power?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they were close to achieving it.
Hurp derp anti-nuclear energy people who goez ZOMGS RADTIONA KILLS BABBYS AND RBINGS ME CANCRZ
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France

ruisleipa wrote:

I think Finland burns pretty clean.

Let's burn that.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

Spark wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

That's because England's weather is two parts terrible and three parts miserable.
we get 30% of all of Europe's wind.  Plenty of offshore wind farms off the east coast of Scotland will be springing up soon.

Wave farms are being tested as we speak.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Wreckognize
+294|6486
So gas prices are gonna go down?  I'm game.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
Drilling = good. Running out of oil eventually = bad. Solution = hydrogen fuel cells.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

BigmacK wrote:

Drilling = good. Running out of oil eventually = bad. Solution = hydrogen fuel cells.
Don't hydrogen fuel cells have huge environmental problems?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard