PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
Looks like good stuff man.  Good amount of protein per serving and low on carbs.  let us know how it tastes.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
Im surprised you guys use protein powder with creatin, everyone ive talked to has warned me off it. Im just using promax, although I would like to find something that has more than 25g of protein per serving.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Vilham wrote:

Im surprised you guys use protein powder with creatin, everyone ive talked to has warned me off it. Im just using promax, although I would like to find something that has more than 25g of protein per serving.
Huh?

Who's told you to stay away from it? Have they given a valid reason? I call bullshit tbh.

Also, there is no such thing as a serving with more than 25g of protein per serving.

The only one that goes above that is Optimum Nutrition HydroWhey which is £50 a tub and the tubs are only 1.5kg large. Granted, best protein you're gonna get, but hellishly expensive.

Promax is probably one of the worst protein shakes out there. The guys who made cyclone put a lot of shit that isn't necessary in those drinks and make them utterly disgusting. I suggest you switch to Optimum Nutrition (100% Gold Standard Whey), you wont be disappointed.

If you want more than 25g of protein per serving, just put in two scoops instead of one. You can do that, you know
SonderKommando

Zimmer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Huh?

Who's told you to stay away from it? Have they given a valid reason? I call bullshit tbh.

Also, there is no such thing as a serving with more than 25g of protein per serving.

The only one that goes above that is Optimum Nutrition HydroWhey which is £50 a tub and the tubs are only 1.5kg large. Granted, best protein you're gonna get, but hellishly expensive.

Promax is probably one of the worst protein shakes out there. The guys who made cyclone put a lot of shit that isn't necessary in those drinks and make them utterly disgusting. I suggest you switch to Optimum Nutrition (100% Gold Standard Whey), you wont be disappointed.

If you want more than 25g of protein per serving, just put in two scoops instead of one. You can do that, you know
Sonder McLargehuge concurs. 2 scoops opty whey is win.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6351|Troy, New York
Hey guys, I really feel like its time to go on a diet. Ive gotten in a lot better shape over the last couple months, however I feel like Im not quite there. if built a lot of muscle up, which is great, but now id like to go back and get some more definition and dieting seems like the way to go. I've cut out soda, chips, etc. over the last couple months, but no idea where to go from there. Any basic suggestions?
Thanks all.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Zimmer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Huh?

My mate had a pretty bad reaction to it. He now has a permanent blind spot in his right eye.

Promax tastes fine to me, but ill try that one you suggested next time I buy a tub.

lol yeah i know, i always use two scoops post work out.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Vilham, there are no recorded studies about Creatine that prove it's bad for you. All the comments about it are based on nothing - the ones that might have some factual base to them are the people that say they can damage your kidneys in the long run, but that is ONLY if you take more than 5g a day of it. Creatine is a natural acid produced by everyone, adding more to your body doesn't have adverse effects.

lol, Promax "tastes fine" until you try something else. It's also not about the taste, I've heard bad things about that company, added to the fact that they are one of the most expensive for supplements. £33 for 901g?! That's ridiculous money. You're getting ripped off.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Oh fuck, I think my arm isn't fully healed.

What the hell is up with this? It's been over 4 weeks now and it still has a dull pain when I lift. It may be that I am too conscious of it and it's not actually there, but do I really want to put that to the test? I think I'll have to fast track my physio appointment and go ahead and pay for private physio treatment (NHS physio is on 14th of April)...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
In my public health class we had a registered dietitian come and speak to us about nutrition and I realized just how poor my eating habits were at uni. I went to get some food after class with all that nutrition info still fresh in my mind, but I ended up eating an ice cream sandwich and drinking a Dr. Pepper, then playing video games instead of running.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
Has anyone tried the Nutrilite protein powder?

Good stuff.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5982|Perth, indian ocean
Is there like a relation to how much someone should bench press compared to their mass? like should the minimum someone should be bench pressing be like 75% of their mass or soemthing along those lines?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma

SonderKommando wrote:

Looks like good stuff man.  Good amount of protein per serving and low on carbs.  let us know how it tastes.
My first protein i've ever had, so i can't really compare.
But I was expecting it to taste like ass, and it was actually pretty good. Had it with water and just tasted like watery milkshake. Thought I might have to plow through it, but managed to get through it really easily without any struggle. (Y)
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois

belldawg wrote:

Is there like a relation to how much someone should bench press compared to their mass? like should the minimum someone should be bench pressing be like 75% of their mass or soemthing along those lines?
I think everyone should be able to bench their body weight.  If not...
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma

HaiBai wrote:

belldawg wrote:

I think everyone should be able to bench their body weight.  If not...
I don't agree.
There are some people who are good at body-weight exercises, and some people who can't lift themselves off the ground.
I can do loads of chin-ups, push-ups etc. but i can't bench press for shit.
There are guys who can bench press twice my body weight, but can't lift themselves.
Home
Section.80
+447|6846|Seattle, Washington, USA

Just got my first membership to a local gym on Monday, I'm pretty pumped and so far it's been a lot better than what I was working with at home. I look like a complete noob wandering around the place trying to figure out how to work everything but it's cool.

So I generally split my workouts into body parts, and so far I've just been going around doing most or all of the machines related to that body part on that day, plus benching or dumbells or whatever. Is this what you guys do? Or should I just be using some of them to try and get a more focused workout?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

Home wrote:

Just got my first membership to a local gym on Monday, I'm pretty pumped and so far it's been a lot better than what I was working with at home. I look like a complete noob wandering around the place trying to figure out how to work everything but it's cool.

So I generally split my workouts into body parts, and so far I've just been going around doing most or all of the machines related to that body part on that day, plus benching or dumbells or whatever. Is this what you guys do? Or should I just be using some of them to try and get a more focused workout?
I like to group parts that work together on the same day. Chest, shoulders, triceps one day. Biceps & back the next. Legs. Core. Sometimes I'll mix core in with back & bi's. This routine keeps you from overworking muscle groups and gives everything time to rest. For example, it's difficult to work chest or shoulders without working your tri's, so do them together.
Home
Section.80
+447|6846|Seattle, Washington, USA

chittydog wrote:

Home wrote:

I like to group parts that work together on the same day. Chest, shoulders, triceps one day. Biceps & back the next. Legs. Core. Sometimes I'll mix core in with back & bi's. This routine keeps you from overworking muscle groups and gives everything time to rest. For example, it's difficult to work chest or shoulders without working your tri's, so do them together.
Yeah I generally do chest/back one day, shoulders/arms another day, etc. I just mean on chest day, for example, should I do all the chest machines and then all the benching (flat, incline, etc)? Or should I be using only a couple machines and benching but do those with more weight? Right now I just use all the machines that pertain to whichever body part I'm doing that day.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
I think use machine weights more to start with to build up your core, then move more on to free weights.
Try not to go nuts with different exercises, but try to work out all the different movements for the area your working on. Try not to repeat movements with different exercises.
At least, that's the impression i get.
SonderKommando

Home wrote:

Gratz, continue to work at it and you'll see massive results friend.  Its no secret im a huge advocate of having dedicated traiing days for each muscle. But im more of an advanced lifter.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
Having a 2 week rest here. Can't go in the gym during the easter holidays with my school pass anyway, and I figured it would be best to rest my right shoulder a bit (it hurts when I'm lifting or benching heavy..)
baggs
+732|6203

Jebus wrote:

Having a 2 week rest here. Can't go in the gym during the easter holidays with my school pass anyway, and I figured it would be best to rest my right shoulder a bit (it hurts when I'm lifting or benching heavy..)
Well i'd suggest you stop lifting so heavy full stop, until you build up the extra strength. Do you increase the weight you lift week on week?

If something is hurting when you lift, it means you've done damage or it just too heavy for you and its causing damage.

I find this happens in people who try to make the gains too quick, once you've fucked something up in a joint or a muscle, it's likely it'll never be the same again. So be careful mate!
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
Allright, thanks for the advice. I don't increase the weights every week (except for squats). It's probably the latter though, I only feel it when I'm doing my max. I'll keep it 'easy' the nextfew weeks..
SonderKommando
I'm up to 208lbs now.. My strength is through the damn roof! Dunno if I should start cutting for summer.... Hmmmm
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Started working out a week ago, feels FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Sadly, orders of the physio say I cannot lift more than 10kg per arm for now... So I'm concentrating on chest, shoulders and legs... Still, feels fucking great.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard