Indy0
+1|6550
Hey nice map, but are you going to put alot of buildings that infantry can like go up in? Like the building infront of the Square (outpost) at karkand.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

Indy0 wrote:

Hey nice map, but are you going to put alot of buildings that infantry can like go up in? Like the building infront of the Square (outpost) at karkand.
That would absolutly kill your computer, lol. It would be like Iron Gator.
benben10
+20|6685
ok from the the google earth image that map looks huge. it would definetly be 64 player and the bases are too far apart except the subway station pairs. and i would like to see you find a good way to do the subway becuase i can tell you that kubra dam is the only place that has some seriouls multilevel structures and it is hell on my crappy vid card. i can fly drive or walk near the actual dam. i think game perfomance is much more important than asthetics. anyone who has played warlord or iron gator knows how harsh interiors can be.

all that said. i still want to see it get done. i would like to see a large scale city map with large structures and a black hawk to get to roof tops. i think you should go a different direction all together with it and make it more like sharqi pensula, or warlord. what i mean is make it should have lots of flags since the map looks huge, but have very little armor and make it symetric and have some vertical aspect to it other tnan the subway. anyways i want to see some custom maps that expand within bf2 and not try to change what bf2 is and this looks like it would be just plain awesome.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6621|The Netherlands
That looks so COOL again +1 .. damn you must be buda you can play it on the bf2s server. makes a lot more fun ..
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6609|Olympus Mons, Mars
BUT HOW are we going to know which flag is which? Here's my work:

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Flag (Which flag?)                                     Subway Station 1                                             Flag (Which flag?)

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Flag (Which flag?)                                     Subway Station 2                                             Flag (Which flag?)

Inside the prentasis are my question. Is it chinese or U.S.?

Whether connecting the two stations via tunnels or not. (obviously a claymore heaven)
Your answer from ExtremeSpy506:
I think so, because it is a shortcut to capture the flags on either the 2 subways.

Removing jeeps entirely. Map will be small enough to move around on foot. Think of 16 player Karkand.
Yea right, every map has to have at least 1 vehichle, no matter if it is 16-size, 32-size, or 64-size. So I'll say no, do not remove jeeps entirely.

Add another ground level flag to bring more of the combat above ground. I don’t want to make it a claustrophobic counter strike map. Ideally, I want the action to be 70% above ground, 30% underground.
Yes, I believe.

If you allow me, let me make some suggestions or improvements for this OPERATION SMUG SCREEN map:
-Put some ladders on some buildings for snipers.
-Put a train in each subway that moves. Train stops at the middle of the flags. People can get inside the train with 12 seats (cannot put 13 seats, because there is no such thing as F13 boutton).
-3 seats on rear
-1 side 2 groups of 2 seats (4 seats)
-Other side 2 groups of 2 seats (4 seats)
-1 driver
4+4+3+1=12 seats
Train Preview
Driver - drives train
Passengers - Shoot enemys from open window
Armor: Yes
Armor Strength: Strong as tank
Destructible: Yes
-If you can make a helipad, make a heli.

This is all I have to say to you tF-afrojap.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
I do believe you cant make underground stuff without the teleport scripting, so the underground bit is actually thousands of feet in the air.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6675|Central Valley,California
MUST HAVE! Mmm San Fransico....
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6711
Looks awesome, been needing a Chinese city map...
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6708|Pakistan/England
looks awesome man! i think that 1 jeep should be given to each side, cos the map doesnt exactly look as small as 16-player kirkland. the train ideas sound cool but its probably gonna be impossible to code! maybe just having them come by at full speed on a periodic basis and squish unsuspecting people could be done?
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
I suggest to make the Van ness station an uncappable place. I don't like places that are both cappable, because if if my opponent gets all the flags, I'll stay here forever without a person alive to capture a flag. If you can, make one of the US flags uncappable, too.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
I don't know that a working train is a feasible idea.  If we got attacked, do you think the subways would be active or shut down?  Although the thought of vehicular manslaughter with a subway train is (in a sick way) funny, I don't believe it has a place in the battlefield.

for the funnies - how bout one of the old 2 person seesaw railroad cars?  I'd laugh my ass off when I saw my 1st jihad railcar with two guys pumping the handles to make it go.

KJ
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
Also, are you going to create a project that you can mak maps? I hope so.
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
No, no trains. lol
I've totally thought about it though.

One thing Voodoo has suggested is having a wrecked train in the middle of the tunnel to break up the area. This I might do.

The basic modeling for the underground area is about done. Messing with basic lighting now so the underground area isn't total darkness. After that I'll be throwing in some buildings above ground for Saturday's testing session. If it's fun, I'll start detailing. If not, it's back to the drawing board.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

tF-afrojap wrote:

No, no trains. lol
I've totally thought about it though.

One thing Voodoo has suggested is having a wrecked train in the middle of the tunnel to break up the area. This I might do.

The basic modeling for the underground area is about done. Messing with basic lighting now so the underground area isn't total darkness. After that I'll be throwing in some buildings above ground for Saturday's testing session. If it's fun, I'll start detailing. If not, it's back to the drawing board.
wrecked train sounds sweet!
god i love this episode

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/smug.gif
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Yeah, suck my jagon!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yeah, suck my jagon!
thats not right.,
http://www.smartania.com/badfic/jagon.jpg
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
First aid here!

THAAAAAAANKS!!
tgust5
+22|6597

polarbearz wrote:

Why smug screen?
you dont watch south park!   thats the funniest show out there
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

tF-afrojap wrote:

First aid here!

THAAAAAAANKS!!
lol, that is needed
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

Great idea. How about moving it to Haight Street. You should mod the skins too.
Tie dyed hippies with guns Vs Gays in jeans and white 'wife beater' vests with a dildo instead of a knifes.
Both factions are fighting over control of the bohemian quarter of sanfran. Capture flags in Piercing shops and health food stores and tie dyed hippy bus shall spawn or a pink catlack The mind boggles.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6590
keepin this bumped so it really happens and if you need any help im here =p
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
Ok here are my 2 cents on Afro's map idea.

The map looks pretty good. There are lots of avenues to traverse. I would highly suggest putting up roadblocks in the intersections between the two mainbase flags. If this is a war then make it either burning cars or wrecks just blocking the roads. This makes the above land transport have to go around which makes it a bit less easy to just run over there in a jeep but infantry can still go down the road if they want. Good ideas on this can be seen in both vanilla BF2 and SF BF2 and UT2004. Concrete barriers would also do.

On the matter of the two subway stations. I say you can try and connect them however why don't you put a crashed subway car down there? That way the tunnel is blocked off except for going through the length of the subway car. This might be a hard mesh thing to do but it would make that section a killing field. Give the subway car a couple of door on each side to get into and you have a small Iron Gator kind of environment. Or if you want make the subway tunnel have a hole in the wall where the train crashed through and make people have to go around underground. Kind of Half Life looking in that sense.

On the number of flags. I say have 4 instead. Directly to the left of your city hall flag point there is another building that looks like a Capital building of some sort. You could arrange the flag slightly off that and make that the 4th flag point. Making that street in between a death zone between the flags.

MG mounts on concrete barriers facing the main cooridors (streets) from the mainbases would be ideal. You already mentioned a TOW which is good. If you want to have a Tank still then I say go for it. Makes the middle base all that much more important. However be careful or you will have what we have on Zatar Wetlands 32 player where everyone just constantly attempts to get the attack chopper on the middle island while forgetting everything in the back. But with this few flags and space... it shouldn't be an issue.

Over all I like the idea and would love to see it in production.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i have an fy_iceworld map in the makes we could try
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i have an fy_iceworld map in the makes we could try
Iceworld on BF2, Rofl, Leet. . Remove claymores though
lolol. its so much fun, but its still in really early alpha. its sweet, and funny when my friend coded an Mi-28 into the middle. we didnt have a chance
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback, I do read each post, but don't have time to reply to all of them. Making progress but it's going slow, since 80% of the effort is going towards learning the tools and workarounds.. I could use a lot of help in the research side of things. If you have experience in modding/mapping even better. Having an experienced assistant would take a lot of the load off me, and I could concentrate at what I am good at.. modeling / texturing etc. Shoot me a PM or Xfire if you want to help out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard