Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811

ProDicTeD wrote:

ya don't learn it in 30mins and ya need a joy-stick. tbh i think i did pretty wel considering i was just flying about practically doing nothing and still getting 1 kill

nice aviator though
Aviator      38:18:27      3,045      336      9.06      218      2,059

and nice assault rifle

Assault Rifles      23:31:11      1,167      992      1.18      20.28%      20,415

you're actually pretty good and you're no aviator whore, but that's why you should know that flying a plane isn't hard amd i am not saying it's easy!. if i were to play with mouse and keyboard now i would allready make my k/d ratio possitive.
Thanks dude
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811

ProDicTeD wrote:

keyboard is better for chopper, but for jets it sux, so if you are really using a keyboard and get a good k/d ratio respect !!! You have some mad skillz honestly

edit: no saracasm btw!
I only use KB for jets.. never tried Joystick.

I'm working on improving my KDR with jets, its more of a time thing though.. cause your jet KDR never goes down. I find it difficult to get a jet alot of rounds.
Dark Viper
+0|6763
I have played against with this guy 2 times. He does TK to get the fighter jets. And he will not even try and go after enemy jets. He only bombs and uses guns to strafe the ground. He does know how to dodge missles but both times I've played with him, I shot him down with fighter guns. And after I shot him down, he left the server lol.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811

HotButter wrote:

One of my better rounds in a jet...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/J … /proof.jpg
And thats not even with a joystick.  So I wouldnt think its impossible to average that high of a KDR with the right tools.
Nice score, but to be fair, theres alot of newbies in the server I can see by your stats that you're indeed very skilled though.
HG_TheTank
+2|6763
That is a problem with both bf games.
Planes/Helis are overpowered, expecially with the fog.

Also how could Dice/EA actually bind the rank advancement to only the ratings (which are directly liked to kills)
IMHO they should have added a lot of other factors like teamplay and such.

Also there is a 'tweak' in Bf you can use to remove fog on maps using fog.
Pilots LOVE to use it and imho should be concidered an exploit as it was not intended by the designers.
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6769|Mechanicsville, VA
What is this tweak you speak of?
HG_TheTank
+2|6763
Has something to do with setting the fov and like.
Though you need a powerfull pc to do it.
In BF you can remove the fog from some maps with it.

http://forums.filefront.com/showthre...light=distance
http://forums.filefront.com/showthre...hlight=hack%27
http://forums.filefront.com/showpost... … stcount=19
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

HG_TheTank wrote:

Has something to do with setting the fov and like.
Though you need a powerfull pc to do it.
In BF you can remove the fog from some maps with it.

http://forums.filefront.com/showthre...light=distance
http://forums.filefront.com/showthre...hlight=hack%27
http://forums.filefront.com/showpost... … stcount=19
so thats how those bastard snipers always get me from 800m!
HotButter
+0|6845|Arizona

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

keyboard is better for chopper, but for jets it sux, so if you are really using a keyboard and get a good k/d ratio respect !!! You have some mad skillz honestly

edit: no saracasm btw!
I only use KB for jets.. never tried Joystick.

I'm working on improving my KDR with jets, its more of a time thing though.. cause your jet KDR never goes down. I find it difficult to get a jet alot of rounds.
Yeah it was a little bit to easy but hey I cant control whos on a server, and to be fair that wasnt my best score in a jet haha.
PlaneWhore
+59|6763
Sorry to disappoint you guys but no hacks here, just skill.  Simply put, I've never see a pilot better than I am. It's called air superiority. The other pilots get shot down (if they're worthy of me even bothering). Every enemy vehicle on the map is destroyed. I cripple the enemy team, because that's what happens when the most important vehicles on the map are grounded, and that's why I'm sitting at almost a 2:1 w/l ratio is because I'm enough of a driving force by myself to impact who finally wins the game. You don't get those kind of results strafing enemy runways non-stop or other types of boring and unskilled activities like that.

I'm a little disappointed with my K/D ratio overall because it's been so corrupted by unfair deaths. Getting banned/kicked from a server adds a death, so that's 58 extra deaths I didn't deserve. Countless buggy BF2 CTD causing me to crash when I'm out of control, and countless times (100+) I've been killed on the runway by my own team during takeoff (or had a teammate blind side me with one the other planes). I'd estimate my own legitimate deaths to either enemy fire or crashing well below 80, which would put me up around an actual 200:1 K/D ratio. That's great considering I only play on 64 player servers that are full, which provide the most dangerous conditions for an aviator by far. Not to mention I've logged most time in the game in the worst planes (F-35B ect.).

Despite what some might say I won't teamkill for an airplane, but I will blast you with my M95 if you were just in the jet and you come back and try to fly again after crashing while I've been patiently waiting. If you don't believe me beat me to an airplane legitimately and you'll notice I let you take off, but come back and try to take it a second time and then we've got a problem. I hardly ever get any "real" teamkills because I always check my mini map before using any of my weapon systems so getting actual TKs are rare. The huge majority of my teamkills are the result of people standing in front of my plane, plain and simple. It pretty much happens every single time I've ever taken off.

So again, sorry to disappoint some of you people, but my statistics are nothing more than the end result of a lethal combination of a skilled player in a vehicle which provides near unlimited ass-kicking potential.
ProDicTeD
+2|6806
...... you could be lil bit more modest. it's not like you make any money flying the way you do. (i mean in a game and not that you're gonna say that you fly f-15 for a living)

I think you're an amazing player, but it doens't look like you get enough competition.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

Hey Plane Whore! When I started this thread I wasn't attacking the validity of your stats or your skills.  I don't see how you could be cheating your way to those numbers.  What I was trying to address (and using you as an example) is whether the planes in bf2 are getting to be too dominant as more pilots get better and better.

And for the record Plane Whore, you ever been shot down by a stinger missile?
ProDicTeD
+2|6806
damn this forum is active
KillerAFET
+3|6778|Abilene, Texas

atlvolunteer wrote:

Well, there is an easy way to fix this.  Fix the SAMs!  If the SAMs didn't suck so bad, people like him wouldn't be able to dominate like they do.
Thats the moral way to fix the problem.  As for me, I'd consider tracking his movement in cyberspace and join the server he is on and place some C4 in his jet before takeoff.  There's comfort in a TK well deserved...
PlaneWhore
+59|6763

Dark Viper wrote:

I have played against with this guy 2 times. He does TK to get the fighter jets. And he will not even try and go after enemy jets. He only bombs and uses guns to strafe the ground. He does know how to dodge missles but both times I've played with him, I shot him down with fighter guns. And after I shot him down, he left the server lol.
Uh huh. Though, if you are telling the truth and you are one of the hand full of fighter pilots who got lucky enough to gun me down you were no doubt in a J-10, and I was in most likely in the worst aircraft in the game, the F-35B. It's only when people have that kind of handicap that they are able to shoot me down. As I've never been shot down in a J-10, ever.

And for the record Plane Whore, you ever been shot down by a stinger missile?
I get shot by missiles all the time in any aircraft other than the J-10. I've been killed by stingers many times while flying planes like the F-35B, because sometimes it just can't out turn those missiles. People can learn to fire missiles from the ground so they hit all planes other than the J-10 with a high level of accuracy, it has to do with the direction the plane is traveling, and it's relative location to the AA site that's firing on them. That's my only issue with fighter jets at the moment and the only thing I think EA needs to address in regards to fighter planes is to nerf down the J-10 to bring it down to the level of other planes to make the pilot vs. pilot combat more balanced. J-10 aside I'd put my average missile from ground strike rate at about 5% (or about 2 hits on me per game from the ground), most of them miss, that I'll admit to, but I chalk a lot of that up to my experience and the inexperience of whoever is operating the stinger at the time.

KillerAFET wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

Well, there is an easy way to fix this.  Fix the SAMs!  If the SAMs didn't suck so bad, people like him wouldn't be able to dominate like they do.
Thats the moral way to fix the problem.  As for me, I'd consider tracking his movement in cyberspace and join the server he is on and place some C4 in his jet before takeoff.  There's comfort in a TK well deserved...
Yeah I expect that kind of behavior from BF2 kiddies. It's funny that you mention that though because I've got a group of people that do that to me on a regular basis, so don't give yourself a pat on the back for coming up with a creative idea as many people have already beaten you to it. They're usually on my server within 1 map rotation sitting at the airfield trying to hit me with anti-tank missiles, or chasing me in the other friendly jet trying to gun me down. Last night I had one of them chase me in the friendly fighter for 3 maps straight, and after each round I'd have to switch teams in order to avoid being blasted on the runway by some AT missile. It's sad how a combination of jealousy and envy can cause people to act in such a strange manner. Strange enough though they rarely try and use the enemy fighter to shoot me down, I guess they've learned from experience that they don't stand much of a chance against me up in the air if I can shoot back.

Finally, about HotButters score, that's nothing. First off, you're in a bomber with no deaths. That tells me two things, 1) nobody was firing at you with the AA as you massacred them all, because AA can and does strike bombers with ease and 2) you were most likely playing in a 32 player Operation Cleansweep where there is no fighter jet to counter the bomber, which is the ultimate paper rock scissors for that vehicle (even if there was a fighter in some other map, he obviously wasn't doing his job). Plus, you're on a server with a low player count and no doubt a high ticket count. Give me that same kind of timeframe in a bomber unopposed and I'll have some whack ass 200-0 score guaranteed. Speaking of guarantees, I absolutely guarantee if I had been on that server you would've been something like 12-9 if you tried to fly the bomber the entire time. In fact I'll do you one better and if you want to test that theory, set a time and date and you can fly the bomber plane and I'll man the fighter plane and we'll see how well you do. I'll keep you dead the entire game and I'll guarantee at least 40 kills to my name on my side in the process. Again, ANYONE can rack up massive kills in a bomber plane, if the circumstances are ripe for such rape.

Now this is what a real Plane Whore score looks like,

https://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8189/untitled5bf.jpg

That round ended about 10-15 minutes tops (as it was 64 player full and the ticket count was degrading very quickly), putting me at about a kill every 6.5-9.5 seconds for the entire duration of the game constant. Now that's something that is brag worthy, and I do it every day, and without the assistance of some newbie-friendly bomber than kills everything in 200x400 square foot radius with no aiming necessary.

To recap:

Bomber plane - easy to shoot down and easy to kill with even if your a newbie, and kill lots if no one is challenging you

Fighter plane - much tougher to shoot down (F-35B excluded) and much harder to kill with, as it takes much more skill to aim the bombs ect.

That's why I fly solely in the fighter plane (and never touch the bomber plane), and that's for the challenge it provides me. Flying a bomber plane is just about the easiest thing to do in this game, and I find it very boring. Aside from piloting an attack helicopter I find nothing as challenging as doing well in a fighter jet.

Flame on.

edit: typos

Last edited by PlaneWhore (2005-10-19 14:11:53)

slidero
Why is the f-35 so awful?  After the patch it seems the j-10 and f-35 handle about the same, just that the f-35 is a way bigger target. 

P.S. I think I need some lessons on how to whore jets better.
PlaneWhore
+59|6763
It has to do with thrust from what I've seen, though at the same speed they turn about just as sharp, but as they turn a J-10 will maintain it's speed even when gaining tons of altitude, an F-35B will begin to lose speed at a very fast rate and as a result it can't turn nearly as fast for a sustained period of time. Even though the J-10 I think still has a superior turning ability as well.

In the game this dynamic translates simply in to getting owned in air-to-air combat with a J-10 as eventually you'lllose far too much speed (while the J-10 remains every bit as nimble), and this also impacts dodging ground-to-air missiles as if you don't locate and kill them quick enough eventually you'll become sluggish just as in air-to-air combat and missiles will begin to start hitting you.
HG_TheTank
+2|6763
ROFL a 'Planewhore' talking about BF2 kiddies.
Pot, Kettle, Black.
ProDicTeD
+2|6806
again: stop being so arogant! i pwned thousands of n00bs @ Q3/UT2004, but i don't go around f*cking telling :"i have skillz bla bla bla". haven't you considerd that maybe there are better people out there than you? You should be less arogant people would admire you more that way.

btw: http://bf2s.com/player/godjoey/

do you call this skill? you're practically doing the same!
slidero
Jets being so horribly overpowered in this game seems to give people big egos I guess - I base being good in a jet 90% dogfighting skills and 10% not crashing into trees/doing other stupid shit.

edit: also it's really not like tank whoring - which requires 10x less skill and is not fun at all.

Last edited by slidero (2005-10-19 14:51:17)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

Guys, give Plane Whore his props.  Sorry to say but if I were that good, it would be a ton of fun playing BF2...even if i was flying a plane all the time.  Remember, this is human competition that you are destroying.  Real brains...no AI.  Not his fault jets are so dominant in the right hands.  Yes he is arrogant, but in all honesty he has the right to be.  I really haven't seen anybody's stat match up.  And I can tell you that it is not fun to be in a game against good pilot.  Once our entire USMC team could not get out of the USMC base!  It was ridiculous!

Plane Whore, can we please get a "Plane Whore's Guide to Shooting Down Plane Whore"?  ROTF
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-
Okay, I think that's enough of this. Clearly some people have a problem with someone having a good score, even when that person is extremely arrogant with quite a bit of cynacism. You remind me of someone too, PlaneWhore. Someone who knew how to dish out criticism in waves, but just couldn't handle criticism pointed at them. I'm not trying to insult you, just sayin'.

Now, obviously there are some tensions in this thread, so to prevent a flame war this thread is now closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard