Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I see the point about wanting i/o. However, and this is coming from someone who ONLY plays i/o (can't stand choppers/jets, and Karkand is really suited to this style of play, minus the nade whoring) on BF2 and the vehicles really are a lot easier to destroy in BC2. For example, today I destroyed a full healthed chopper (ok, well maybe it was the enemy UAV, but anway) with about half a magazine using the PKM, medic class. And it was EASY. That's almost unheard of in BF2.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-03-15 06:39:44)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

just play squad deathmatch.....
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

IO was AIDS in BF2, we don't need it in BC2.
I never understood IO for Battlefield.  Seriously it wasn't hard to take down the tank whores and air whores.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Sure it was. Get a pair who's half decent in the Mi-28 on Sharqi at the Surveilance Outpost and not even a whole team stands much chance against that thing, especially if they also have the TV Station. Soooooooo unbalanced.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

Doliss wrote:

i actually enjoyed the option to do I/O in BF2 on occasion.  hopefully the game will have a bit more customization for servers down the road
I think this hits the nail on the head.

I personally see no need for IO in this game (or really in BF2), but I'm sure there are enough people who would play it to make it worth at least having the option.

Essentially, like was said, more server customization options would be a welcome addition.  For example, I think it would be cool to be able to pick and choose some of the settings for "hardcore mode", without making it fully one way or the other...increased damage, no killcam, limited/no UAV, but keep the crosshair and make it so health recovers behind cover (or whatever combination of settings floats your boat).

This is all stuff they should address down the road, after connection and server issues are resolved.  Maybe if and when they do an expansion, they can retroactively make the whole game better, instead of the whole SF debacle with BF2 (a good expansion, but they should and could have incorporated all that SF added into vanilla BF2 as well).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
What they really should've done in the 1.5 patch for BF2 is add SF along with the other maps. I miss playing that expansion, and there's no more active servers with any of those maps, or most likely ever will be again
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
I/O servers have never been necessary in any BF game.  They turn the game into a shitfest of exploiters and pussy tactics. 

The vehicles are what make it BF to begin with.  In BC vehicles are definitely at a disadvantage, which I think is a good thing.  At the same time the vehicles can do quite well with a squad who does utilize them though which requires some good teamwork to truly dominate with the tanks.  Anything in the air is just a flying deathtrap.
Ptfo
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I/O servers have never been necessary in any BF game.  They turn the game into a shitfest of exploiters and pussy tactics. 

The vehicles are what make it BF to begin with.  In BC vehicles are definitely at a disadvantage, which I think is a good thing.  At the same time the vehicles can do quite well with a squad who does utilize them though which requires some good teamwork to truly dominate with the tanks.  Anything in the air is just a flying deathtrap.
This man is right. I/O is for people with no skill, and no tactics who can't kill a vehicle because they're bitch-made. If you really have that much trouble go play squad death match.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2010-03-15 16:12:17)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I/O is for people with no skill?

Oh, I larfed hard then.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6661
Sure IO is for people with no skill. Thats why I only play on vehicle servers to wait 5 minutes for a tank so I can roll it out and whore it all day long because thats is a really really tough job. People are not giving vehicle whores the credit they deserve....

I don't actually play with vehicles in karkand because waiting entire games for the tank is retarded and not real playing. People would rather wait because getting a 50:1 KDR with a tank is much better than getting 1:50 getting killed by the enemy tank.

But I have to say grenades suck in IO. At least anyone can throw them but at the same time why does it have to be that way. Even grenades in IO was manageable at long range but since 1.5 patch which took out prone shooting made grenades the most accurate weapon by far. So stupid of a game now.

Im glad they didn't make tanks retarded. On the explosive end the 40mm grenade launcher and AT rockets are getting pretty lame.
Makes me paranoid every time I standing on a up hill surface or overlooked by a building.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2010-03-16 09:02:10)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Like in BF2, a BC2 IO server would just be populated by medic squads, and lone wolf snipers.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

Ilocano wrote:

Like in BF2, a BC2 IO server would just be populated by medic squads, and lone wolf snipers.
lol you must not play BC2 because if you did you would know medic isnt all that great anymore
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

IO was AIDS in BF2, we don't need it in BC2.
I never understood IO for Battlefield.  Seriously it wasn't hard to take down the tank whores and air whores.
because why should we have to bother if we dont have to?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

farmerfez wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

lol you must not play BC2 because if you did you would know medic isnt all that great anymore
I hardly play Medic on BC2 because I like destroying vehicles and taking mcoms.  But last night, I gave it a go.  Joined midgame an Arica game defending the first bridge boxcar.  End result, I ended up among the highest scorer in the game, healing and cleaning up after my teammates got killed.  The Medic class has a serious unbalance regarding point scoring potential.  And the best kit for encounters greater than 2.  If IO was available, a medic squad, like in BF2, would be practically impossible to stop.
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5141|Between your mama's legs.

Blade4509 wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

This man is right. I/O is for people with no skill, and no tactics who can't kill a vehicle because they're bitch-made. If you really have that much trouble go play squad death match.
you sir, are truly uneducated.
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5141|Between your mama's legs.
The reason I made this topic in the first place was not because I cannot kill an enemy vehicle or because I got base raped by a tank, and decided to come here and rage. I did it because its the way I (and many others) prefer to play. If there weren't a hardcore mode, don't you think many players would come onto a forum asking questions if HC is possible?

Yes, destroying vehicles is easy in BF:BC2. Never said that they were hard. I just like I/O and it would throw more skill and team tactics into the mix. Just my opinion of course.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Ilocano wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I hardly play Medic on BC2 because I like destroying vehicles and taking mcoms.  But last night, I gave it a go.  Joined midgame an Arica game defending the first bridge boxcar.  End result, I ended up among the highest scorer in the game, healing and cleaning up after my teammates got killed.  The Medic class has a serious unbalance regarding point scoring potential.  And the best kit for encounters greater than 2.  If IO was available, a medic squad, like in BF2, would be practically impossible to stop.
IT would be impossible to stop, at least a SRAW could stop the medic train in BF2, no more in BC2.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6661
I swear in BF2 endless grenade spam put those medics in their place really really fast.

In BC2 reviving medics isn't really a concern. People can't move instantly to support the medic who revived. Many times I just killed the medic and by the time the guy can move he is met with a bullet in the face or a knife in the neck. Grenade launchers are also pretty lol against clustered units.

Vehicles in BC2 are still very strong. Yes you can blow them up but if you got an engineer train on a tank or APC, it can get pretty fucked up. Evenetually you would be able to get the plating off the armor which is beyond repair and kill it. But eventually. Who knows how many sacrifices but still manageable unlike tanks in BF2.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

I swear in BF2 endless grenade spam put those medics in their place really really fast.

In BC2 reviving medics isn't really a concern. People can't move instantly to support the medic who revived. Many times I just killed the medic and by the time the guy can move he is met with a bullet in the face or a knife in the neck. Grenade launchers are also pretty lol against clustered units.

Vehicles in BC2 are still very strong. Yes you can blow them up but if you got an engineer train on a tank or APC, it can get pretty fucked up. Evenetually you would be able to get the plating off the armor which is beyond repair and kill it. But eventually. Who knows how many sacrifices but still manageable unlike tanks in BF2.
How many rounds of AT4 does it take to destroy a full health tank?
I sometimes get 1 or 3...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

aerodynamic wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

2 with the explosive weapons spec, 3 otherwise.

4 if you're hitting them in the front.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
like i said before, this game is about modern warfare.  dice had a particular vision in mind when they set out to create this game, and they wanted to make sure it would cater to a large audience, so they really toned down the rape-potential with the vehicles.  removing the vehicles all together just changes the game too much, and is totally unnecessary.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Trotskygrad
бля

steelie34 wrote:

like i said before, this game is about modern warfare.  dice had a particular vision in mind when they set out to create this game, and they wanted to make sure it would cater to a large audience, so they really toned down the rape-potential with the vehicles.  removing the vehicles all together just changes the game too much, and is totally unnecessary.
Actually, rape potential is turned up if you bother coordinating the vehicle specs with your squad.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

JohnG@lt wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Anychance the tanks in bc2 has the same bug taht bf2 brahams had? like hit them where the tracks are it blows up with one hit.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

aerodynamic wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Anychance the tanks in bc2 has the same bug taht bf2 brahams had? like hit them where the tracks are it blows up with one hit.
Not that I've noticed. Hitting a tank in the side or the back is double damage though.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Not that I've noticed. Hitting a tank in the side or the back is double damage though.
Top hits do about 1.5x, if the tank's traced.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard