=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
that
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5758|شمال
wow... just changed from dx10 to dx9!! FPS goes skyhigh!!
am curious... how much is your FPS?

Last edited by Beduin (2010-03-14 01:19:27)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

Hmm, does it automatically run in DX10 if you installed on Vista?

a) If it does, I'm excited to see what DX9 would look like; would gladly sacrifice some of the nicer touches to see improvements elsewhere

b) If it doesn't, I'm probably already running it in DX9 and I'm scared to see how DX10 will run
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

mtb0minime wrote:

a) If it does, I'm excited to see what DX9 would look like; would gladly sacrifice some of the nicer touches to see improvements elsewhere

b) If it doesn't, I'm probably already running it in DX9 and I'm scared to see how DX10 will run
I'm pretty sure it would, yeah, because it autoinstalls the required DX10 package, and I presume it tries to run on it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Beduin
+510|5758|شمال

mtb0minime wrote:

Well... I did get around 10-25 fps more....
go to : 
C:\Users\yourOS\Documents\BFBC2\settings
See 'DxVersion' -5th last line.

Try to set it to dx9, 'DxVersion=9', and see what you get...
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney
Can you be a bit more specific? ie. what was your fps in both Dx9 and Dx10?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

Well it was set on "auto" which = dx10. Been getting 40s-60 with that.

Just played a round on dx9. Got the about the same framerate, no huge increase at all. Plus the game looked a little shittier and I noticed a few graphical glitches

But then again, it's likely we don't have the same specs either

Also, someone earlier mention N2000 + slugs + magnum rounds. God you are right that is so I just need to work a bit on my accuracy, better be damn well you hit your target the first time. I'm too used to spraying (though effectively spraying) with the medic's LMGs.
Beduin
+510|5758|شمال

Jaekus wrote:

Can you be a bit more specific? ie. what was your fps in both Dx9 and Dx10?
I will try.

As i can see it, it depends on many things : Amount of players on server, how big the server is, ping and your setup?

I have :
x6800 @ 3.3
8 gigs
8800Ultra (had two one just died)

DX10:
1920x1200 ,All low ,AA=1, VSYNC OFF, HBAO OFF.
On a server near me with only 4 players I got:
40-60 FPS

DX9:
1920x1200 ,All low ,AA=1, VSYNC OFF, HBAO OFF.
Same server, 4 players only
60-90 FPS

It was a quick test using fraps. Try it your self, maybe am wrong....
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Jaekus
+957|5186|Sydney
Yeah I would but I'm at work till tomorrow so in the meantime I was wondering what you were experiencing and seeing if I get the same results.

My card runs Dx11 but I think it's only using Dx10 for BC2. When I get a chance I'll give it a go and post back my results. But that is indeed a huge jump.
Henkuz
Repairs on request
+28|6812|Alkmaar, the Netherlands
With this tool you can have more control of your graphics, start the game with your desktop shortcut as the button of this launcher doesn't work (for me).

http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield- … uncher-v10
EnemyOfAllkind
+28|6477|Finland

Why cant people understand the basics on rush - mode.... When you re team Attacks... You re supposed to fucking ATTACK... Not just camp with a sniper...

And when You are defending and someone is trying to explode an M-com station you are supposed to DEFEND it... Not just watch by and look at the pretty colors when it explodes !!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/e01c5bfa5f0a95a99794736ab44fb78102fe70ec.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State
fking CTD ruin my fking WLR
Jaekus
+957|5186|Sydney

Beduin wrote:

wow... just changed from dx10 to dx9!! FPS goes skyhigh!!
am curious... how much is your FPS?
I tried this, it worked for me too.

I have

AMD Phenom II 550 (unlocked to quad core)
3gb RAM
Radeon 5450 (cheap card)

With everything on low (because of my cheap card) I'll only get 20-25 fps and get owned big time. (one round 2-18 kdr)
After changing to Dx9 I'll typically get 35-40 fps and manage to hold my own, even kicked some arse in my last round (something like 20-12 kdr, blew up 2 com stations singlehandedly).

Verdict: This works well, and I need a better card.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I'm so fed up with the massive amounts of basecamping pussies. It completely ruins the game, whether you're the one being camped, or whether you're doing the camping. Shooting fish in a barrel is way too easy, boring, and completely lacking any challenge. There's no fucking point other than to degrade the game and be an annoying troll.
Chou
+737|6798

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm so fed up with the massive amounts of basecamping pussies. It completely ruins the game, whether you're the one being camped, or whether you're doing the camping. Shooting fish in a barrel is way too easy, boring, and completely lacking any challenge. There's no fucking point other than to degrade the game and be an annoying troll.
Spawned all the way back at base thinking "meh, why not" and seriously nobody around for miles since the action was at the other side for decades, 8 steps later *BOOM* some nubtuber on a hill got me and I got all weird inside.. could there be another fucked up individual walking around this god forsaken deserted place just to spawn-rape-surprise a guy like me, me who decided for shits and giggles to spawn in the middle of nowhere.

Campers..
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

And I'm so goddamn sick of the motherfucking faggots who think that being on the attacking side of a rush game means camping in the back with snipers. Then I bitch at the team to do something, and a few other people join in, but for the most part people are like "liek stfoo we r plyng teh gaem no talking"
Jaekus
+957|5186|Sydney
Awesome. I'm not in the same boat with the hate for the campers. Fucking shits me off no end.
When I'm defending it's not bad, some dude on the attacking team was getting royally fucked off though with his own team for camping. Poor dude.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
Does the C4 trick still work in this game? You know, like in BF2, where you used to blast friendly snipers into the air and watch them fall to their death (Works only on FF off servers though..). That would be
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

Nope, doesn't work
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

EnemyOfAllkind wrote:

Why cant people understand the basics on rush - mode.... When you re team Attacks... You re supposed to fucking ATTACK... Not just camp with a sniper...

And when You are defending and someone is trying to explode an M-com station you are supposed to DEFEND it... Not just watch by and look at the pretty colors when it explodes !!!
Hey I told you I need new parts so the lag won't kill me before the invading starts Besides I'm doing my part by tubing the hell out of the countryside and throwing ammo packs next to me In fact I'm gonna come over to your cubical and discuss about this (pick my nose since I have nothing else to do at work).
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

mtb0minime wrote:

Nope, doesn't work
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6586|Columbus, OH
no Auto Balance FOOKIN HATE IT

2 vs 7 No one switches to even out the team and they decide to rape.
The one guy bails on me and switches side so it's 1 vs 8.
I am not a cunt so I either quit or take them all on.
I just got the Red Dot scope so did not want to lose it if I quit.
In the end my KDR was 9/20.......frickin pussies
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
Lol, DX10.. try DX11.. wrecks your framerates
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
bennisboy
+829|6654|Poundland
erm, why do my unlocks disappear every time I join a game?
Jaekus
+957|5186|Sydney
Why do they make auto balance a server option? It should just be built into the game, but with parameters set by the server (eg. hard balance could be that noone can unbalance the server by more than one player, soft balance could be up to 30% of total players or something).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard