Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Yeah, vehicles were not really balanced in BF2. Neither were the weapons or kits that came with them. G36E being the best Assault rifle and easiest to use, Medics being able to rack up so much points and heal themselves they even had loads of grenades, no shit everyone and their dogs used the medic kit. God I hated the G36E medics. Even the SA80 unlock was good. Such a god damn noob kit.

The jets weren't balanced, god knows why they couldn't just make all the jet types exactly the same except for visuals. The AA took an age to fix.

Random deviation yet zero recoil in the weapons made things frustrating. Should have been the other way round, lots of stance dependent recoil and little deviation. These aren't fucking muskets...

BF2 was a good game, there was something about it which kept me playing it, but it was far from perfect, and certainly one of the most imbalanced games I've ever played.

I enjoyed playing PR as they got rid of alot of the shitty weapon handlings and niggles like that. Then they started heavily focusing on increasing content rather than actual gameplay innovations, presumably because of the limited mod tools. I started to lose interest afterwards.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-03-06 06:33:29)

Doliss
..I should be studying..
+5|6460|Sterling, VA

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Going 19-1 in bf2 is not special with or without vehicles.
full squad with a bunch of good medics on an inf only server can get you this
2juk
+12|5169

Doliss wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Which is special
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5534|Toronto
I'll say that the stars on their own mean nothing. I've been working on theories of order for a paper, and really am leaning towards a solipsistic take on things. I just don't feel that there is a hidden order that we expose in anything but the natural sciences. We certainly can influence the concept of order in other people, but fundamentally that order is derived from no where by our imaginations.

EDIT- fuck. 'New Posts' did me no favors here. I've proven I don't read the rest of the thread, or the sections.

Last edited by Pochsy (2010-03-06 15:28:53)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England

Pochsy wrote:

I'll say that the stars on their own mean nothing. I've been working on theories of order for a paper, and really am leaning towards a solipsistic take on things. I just don't feel that there is a hidden order that we expose in anything but the natural sciences. We certainly can influence the concept of order in other people, but fundamentally that order is derived from no where by our imaginations.
So if I understand this post correctly....what you're saying is, the stars are measures of progress and proficiency with certain weapons and vehicles. So you get a bronze star after acquiring a certain amount of kills, then silver, etc etc..
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5534|Toronto

Mekstizzle wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

So if I understand this post correctly....what you're saying is, the stars are measures of progress and proficiency with certain weapons and vehicles. So you get a bronze star after acquiring a certain amount of kills, then silver, etc etc..
That was it. The only slight change I would make to your statement is that the stars are primarily anti-foundational, or explanatory, as they in no way affect the direction the game takes. Perhaps they have a psychological effect on the gamer, making them at least in part constitutive of our fundamental experience and ordering of reality, but this effect cannot be measure in any objective way. In short: they don't mean shit, just play.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
I quite liked the fact some medals in BF2 were/are really hard to get, it made the game frustrating but soooo rewarding when you got it (like my expert pistol, THAT I'm proud of). A game where eveything is relatively easy to get = short lifespan IMO. I hope BFBC2 isn't like this. Yes, I know there's a lot more to it and if the gameplay is great you'll play regardless, but sometimes I couldn't get away from BF2 till I got my award, it's like you get a bee in your bonnet and you simply can't give up till it's done. It makes it addictive.

And yeah, BF2 is pretty unbalanced. Like Mek said in regards to deviation, and hit registration is a fucking joke sometimes. Quite often I've been aiming dead on someone's head whilst they're not moving with an M95 from only up to 100 metres, 4 shots doesn't even hit, they notice me and headshot me with the medic L8A51. Yet if I use the same gun the deviation is terrible and I can't seem to hit a thing at even close ranges... then there's the instances when a bullet dead on a target gets only dust, but a bullet a foot away to the left will get a kill... what the fuck is up with that?

Some consistency that rewards skill over luck (ie. bullets hit when they're meant to and don't when they're not) makes the gaming experience a lot less frustrating. But the rare times when I do manage to score those bullshit kills doing barely nothing does have a certain charm.

I'm waiting on BFBC2 to arrive. Someone please tell me the hitboxes are fixed, surely with pretty graphics and destructible terrain they can at least make bullets hit when they're meant to.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-03-08 05:23:51)

Chou
+737|6782
It's all about the connection, ask Nyte, he used to snipe the fuck out of people with a 150+ ping yet nobody could ever see him move in a straight line
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Jaekus wrote:

what the fuck is up with that?
cos you suck

joke
Mi4_Slayer
+5|6237

ruisleipa wrote:

Bevo wrote:

See the commander ribbon from BF2.
pfff that was a piece of piss compared to the expert armour badge.
it better than having a 100 hours awards , seriously I have been playing bf2 for countless hours , It was blast and I was always happy to rank up and get award in these game but most of the bages and medal require to much time it take me more than 800 hours to get the higest rank .

(but I got to agreed in bad company 1 level up was too easy to rank up, I hope I wont reach the maximum level to quickly)

Last edited by Mi4_Slayer (2010-03-08 08:53:09)

Mi4_Slayer
+5|6237

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah, vehicles were not really balanced in BF2. Neither were the weapons or kits that came with them. G36E being the best Assault rifle and easiest to use, Medics being able to rack up so much points and heal themselves they even had loads of grenades, no shit everyone and their dogs used the medic kit. God I hated the G36E medics. Even the SA80 unlock was good. Such a god damn noob kit.

The jets weren't balanced, god knows why they couldn't just make all the jet types exactly the same except for visuals. The AA took an age to fix.

Random deviation yet zero recoil in the weapons made things frustrating. Should have been the other way round, lots of stance dependent recoil and little deviation. These aren't fucking muskets...

BF2 was a good game, there was something about it which kept me playing it, but it was far from perfect, and certainly one of the most imbalanced games I've ever played.

I enjoyed playing PR as they got rid of alot of the shitty weapon handlings and niggles like that. Then they started heavily focusing on increasing content rather than actual gameplay innovations, presumably because of the limited mod tools. I started to lose interest afterwards.
+1

Also you can get patch for having collected a certain amount of gold silver and bronze medal ,
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England
Got a gold star for heavy armor today. 5000 pts
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America

JohnG@lt wrote:

Got a gold star for heavy armor today. 5000 pts
Just wait till you get 10 silver stars bro.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6512|Polish state of EU

TrashBlinD wrote:

My God you children. BF2 was WAY more balanced than BC2 is. Especially vehicles. Example ? Choppers.

BC2 was balanced with consoles in mind. Example ? The knifing system.
Why using a past tense when talking about BF2? This game isnt dead yet...
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5163|Between your mama's legs.
I still really like BF2, but I am trying to adapt : )

Last edited by JadedDope (2010-03-10 11:05:01)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!

Doliss wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I could wander through karkand with my eyes shut and a pistol and I'd go 19 - 1
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

Doliss wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

lol
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Doliss wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I could wander through karkand with my eyes shut and a pistol and I'd go 19 - 1
Do it. You won't.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6683
After your 9th gold star you will get an Platinum star worth 10k points. There will be no more stars after that one.

The game isn't too easy to rank up at all. After you hit like rank 25 it seems like a brick wall. You hardly get any awards and the ranks take exponentially more exp. There are 50 ranks in total. I only get a rank per day and it is slowing down more and more. Soon I would probably need a week per rank for the last few.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2010-03-14 13:52:56)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

After your 9th gold star you will get an Platinum star worth 10k points. There will be no more stars after that one.

The game isn't too easy to rank up at all. After you hit like rank 25 it seems like a brick wall. You hardly get any awards and the ranks take exponentially more exp. There are 50 ranks in total. I only get a rank per day and it is slowing down more and more. Soon I would probably need a week per rank for the last few.
DICE wasn't so dumb as to make it like CoD4...

This is sorta like BF2... It's easy, easy, until a point. Then it becomes super hard.
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
And like BF2 once the leveling up gets hard you're usually at least decent at the game by then to compensate, if you were new to FPS like I was.
Trotskygrad
бля

Jaekus wrote:

And like BF2 once the leveling up gets hard you're usually at least decent at the game by then to compensate, if you were new to FPS like I was.
I was too. That's why my BF2 KDR is like 0.3
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Mine is still only about 1.2 or something but in the past couple months I've been getting a lot of rounds finishing at 49-20 or recently 43-9. Gotta love US shottie + Karkand IO.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5859|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Jaekus wrote:

Mine is still only about 1.2 or something but in the past couple months I've been getting a lot of rounds finishing at 49-20 or recently 43-9. Gotta love US shottie + Karkand IO.
That gun requires some serious skill to use
Trotskygrad
бля

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

That gun requires some serious skill to use
I wouldn't say SERIOUS, but it requires a *fair* amount of skill to use.

DAO-12 is no skill. powpowpow *dead*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard