Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Kmar, that's why I said
The same argument about the BB bandwagon can be applied with the iPhone.

Also, konfusion is wrong, the Markeplace works worldwide; I have no idea what he's on about.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

Zimmer wrote:

rammunition wrote:

I don't want to jump on the blackberry bandwagon. God 95% of people I know have them.
There's a reason as to why they are so popular. They do their job remarkably well and are fantastic to play around with.
I was just about to say
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I really want a nexus one, I hope they truly end up coming to Verizon this month
Benzin
+576|6000

jsnipy wrote:

I really want a nexus one, I hope they truly end up coming to Verizon this month
Google has said that a CDMA version should drop end of Q1, beginning of Q2.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

Kmarion wrote:

In no way is Windows 7 the actual seventh version of windows.
Well, if we're counting the major mainstream operating systems,

1) 3.11
2) 95
3) 98
4) 2k
5) XP
6) Vista
7) 7

?

revised through extensive discussion with our expert burnzz

Last edited by Finray (2010-03-07 08:17:56)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

uh, yeah - windows 3.11 wasn't major. it only introduced GUI to networking, no biggie.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Before my time I guess
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

you could take out Millennium Edition
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Yeah I wasn't sure about ME, it's basically the same as 2k isn't it?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

it was an abortion marketing ploy of 98 second edition. it only added bugs, usb support was native to 98 se.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6685|West Yorkshire, U.K
iPhone 3GS, you'd be mad to get anything else. Don't get a Blackberry, they are shit.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Kurazoo wrote:

Don't get a Blackberry, they are shit.
lol. Just lol.

I can accept that the primary BB browser is poor; but the overall BB? Not a fucking chance. Please back up your comments with facts before you talk porkeys.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

CapnNismo wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I wish there was a more concrete announcement form Verizon. I fear I'll get impatient and just get a droid.

Kurazoo wrote:

iPhone 3GS, you'd be mad to get anything else. Don't get a Blackberry, they are shit.
AT&T's network is shit (in the us) (inb4kmarion). The dominance of the iphone is coming to an end.

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-03-07 09:24:28)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Finray wrote:

Yeah I wasn't sure about ME, it's basically the same as 2k isn't it?
I think they sold it for a month..lol
First Windows version was Windows 1.0. Second was Windows 2.0 and third was Windows 3.0. When Windows NT was released, it was code versioned as Windows 3.1. Windows 95, 98, 98 SE and ME (Millennium Edition) were code versioned as Windows 4.0 as all were using Non-NT kernel or 9x kernel.

Windows 2000 was code versioned as Windows 5.0 and Windows XP as Windows 5.1. Next version was Windows Vista which was code versioned as Windows 6.0. Since Windows 7 is the next Windows version, Microsoft decided to call it Windows 7 for easy and better understanding.
1.0: Windows 1.0
2.0: Windows 2.0
3.0: Windows 3.0
3.1: Windows NT
4.0: Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME
5.0: Windows 2000
5.1: Windows XP
6.0: Windows Vista
7.0: Windows 7

They threw some .1's in when they needed ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Zimmer wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

lol. Just lol.

I can accept that the primary BB browser is poor; but the overall BB? Not a fucking chance. Please back up your comments with facts before you talk porkeys.
Hey Zim is Skyfire available for BB's? I was curious because I found it to be a good replacement for the windows mobile browser in the past.

CapnNismo wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

March 23rd on Verizon [rumor]
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Kmarion wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah that's as much as i can find
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Kmarion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

lol. Just lol.

Hey Zim is Skyfire available for BB's? I was curious because I found it to be a good replacement for the windows mobile browser in the past.

CapnNismo wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

The best replacement browser for both Symbian and Windows Mobile is by far Opera Mobile, and version 10 is currently the latest (well, it's in beta) but it's absolutely amazing for both mobile operating systems.

For all Blackberries there is Bolt Browser, but I found that totally unusable, even if it is faster than the normal BB browser and can render things better. For the Storm series there is Opera Mini 5 and it supposedly works really well; as for the rest of the BBs, Opera Mini 4 works on all of them very well EXCEPT the 9700. Due to it having the latest RIM OS, it hasn't been fixed to work with either 4 or 5, which is a total pain. Hopefully everything will get fixed soon. You can technically use Opera Mini 4 on the 9700 Bold, but it has awkward keys for all the functions...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Yes Opera mobile is also a good choice. I had it on an old HTC that was running windows mobile. I hated that phone tho.. I ended up practically giving it away. I also like the Dolphin browser. I used it on the Droid back when it wasn't supposed to be able to pinch and zoom.. but you could.

Hopefully it will get fixed to work properly for ya.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Kmarion wrote:

MS always comes up with a horrible name. In no way is Windows 7 the actual seventh version of windows. I definitely prefer the Nexus one. I've seen and used the Nexus one. I've also used the the Palm Pre plus (my brother in law has it). It was very slow in comparison. I'm not in all impressed with it.

I've been using the Marketplace for at least 3 years. That sux.

Zimmer Blackberries are so popular because they have been around for so long. Your "there popular for a reason" theory can also be applied to the desire and availability of a few hundred thousand apps. All of which are not entirely "useless".
Yeah - if you buy a Pre, you buy into the promise - and if you're in Europe, it's even worse. I had a Blackberry before it, though, and the browser upgrade alone is enough to make it worth it.

I had no idea the Marketplace had made it here... when did that happen?

Anyway, Nexus One is hands down the best phone out there right now. There's a new Palm device coming out soon, and MS is bringing out their phones which should be awesome. If you want a Blackberry, wait for their software to be upgraded - they have a new browser on the way. The iPhone's ok if you like being subject to Apple's whims.

-kon
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

konfusion wrote:

The iPhone's ok if you like being subject to Apple's whims.

-kon
Like taking boobies out of the marketplace? ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Kmarion wrote:

konfusion wrote:

The iPhone's ok if you like being subject to Apple's whims.

-kon
Like taking boobies out of the marketplace? ..lol
And leaving the Playboy app in. They just removed something else - uh, wifi network detectors. They just keep fucking with the developers - I really hope people move to Android like the Facebook developer did. Apple's just so controlling - and so pedantic - it really bugs me.

Also, I really, really, really hate Steve Jobs.

-kon
Benzin
+576|6000
Apple's App Store policies alone are going to kill the iPhone platform. Certainly there will be a large platform that will continue to hang on and remain loyal, but the mass community of users that don't have any particular brand loyalty will probably move because of that alone. But then, I could be wrong. Look how Apple is suing HTC - they're clearly feeling threatened by Android's success.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Loyal but not exclusive. Most of the really popular apps are becoming available for Android. The google/apple war is heating up. There used to be a gentleman's agreement. Now..

Steve Jobs wrote:

On Google: We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake, they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them, he says. Someone else asks something on a different topic, but there's no getting Jobs off this rant. I want to go back to that other question first and say one more thing, he says. This don't be evil mantra: "It's bullshit." Audience roars.
You didn't enter the search business because you would have been handed your ass.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|6000
Kmar, where did you find that bit?

Jobs has always been a bit odd. Incredibly driven. But odd. One of the things that has made him such a player in the computer world, but I think one of the things that also maybe turned the board of directors against him way back when. I don't know all my history about Apple, so that could be totally wrong.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I first heard it on a podcast.. but
http://www.google.com/search?q=We+did+n … =firefox-a
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard