rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863
Ok, here is the deal. I currently have a HTC tattoo. I like it but I feel its neglected on the Android OS as the stuff on the market is limited. Now because I have a iPod touch (which btw doesn't work properly thanks to OS 3.0) I don't find the HTC tattoo as sleek as the iPod.

So after looking around I have decided I want a top end phone. Now I have my eye's on either the iPhone 3GS or the Palm Pre. I would go for the Nexus one but thats looking at over £400

So the iPhone 3GS are about £400 on eBay whilst the Palm Pre are around £250-£300. Now  big difference in price but which from the 2 phones is best?

Btw will consider any good phone at £300 tops

Last edited by rammunition (2010-03-03 09:42:07)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Palm Pre is absolutely terrible.  My dad had one and gave it away after less than a month of  having it.  Brutal battery and overall poor phone
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
iPhone is really really good, only drawback is the price. If you can afford it you can't get much better imo.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Palm Pre is absolutely terrible.  My dad had one and gave it away after less than a month of  having it.  Brutal battery and overall poor phone
really sales have been crap tbh but its caused the price to be reasonable.

Are there any other phones at the £300 range?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

rammunition wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

What are you using it for?  Just general call/text?  Blackberries are pretty popular here, I dunno if you'd want one though
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863

Winston_Churchill wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

What are you using it for?  Just general call/text?  Blackberries are pretty popular here, I dunno if you'd want one though
I don't want to jump on the blackberry bandwagon. God 95% of people I know have them.

I use my phone HTC tattoo for internet, texts, facebook and applications/games. Stuff like that tbh. I would jump on another android phone such as the nexus one or droid but they are more expensive than the iPhone.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863
The motorola droid/milestone is slightly cheaper than the iPhone. win?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

<3 Blackberry

Why are they so expensive? Are you buying one outright without a plan?
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863

Winston_Churchill wrote:

<3 Blackberry

Why are they so expensive? Are you buying one outright without a plan?
Basically I got my HTC tattoo on a 2 year contract for £15 a month with 200 minutes and unlimited texts. I kind of just want a new phone but want to keep my sim so I can use my contract on a different phone. Plus its only £5 extra for unlimted internet for which I would go for if I get a decent phone.

Last edited by rammunition (2010-03-03 09:59:57)

Benzin
+576|6000
Ramm, don't drop your phone yet. You have the HTC Sense UI, yes? HTC has already said that Android 2.1 will be ported to accept the Sense UI. That's why you haven't been getting updates to 1.6, you have the Sense UI and the 1.6 update would break it. Just be patient. End of April should be the final deadline for 2.1 on Sense phones.
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5960|Carnoustie
I really enjoy my iPhone, nice screen if a little scratch prone, good "apps", good positive touch screen
I Friggin Love The Nhs
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Palm Pre is absolutely terrible.
This x3. Nothing at all great about Palm.
Benzin
+576|6000

jsnipy wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Palm Pre is absolutely terrible.
This x3. Nothing at all great about Palm.
Which really is a shame considering how great their phones used to be. The Pre was supposed to be the iPhone killer... oh well.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
I think the iphone 3gs is great cause i have one but i have yet to try the nexus one
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Neither...

Get a WinMo / Nokia Symbian phone tbh...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

FloppY_ wrote:

Neither...

Meh, had a winmobile for 2 almost two years, I'm kinda glad to get rid of it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Out of those two? .. iPhone hands down.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Timelord_
+25|6538
There is no question here.  iPhone FTW
FloppY_
­

jsnipy wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Neither...

Meh, had a winmobile for 2 almost two years, I'm kinda glad to get rid of it.
Let me guess, WinMo5 or older?

6 is supposedly a HUGE improvement.. I got it on my Samsung i780 and I like it!
Benzin
+576|6000
If you want WinMo, just wait for Win(dows)Pho(ne)7.
FloppY_
­

CapnNismo wrote:

If you want WinMo, just wait for Win(dows)Pho(ne)7.
Just moving from 6 to 6.5 is a huge improvement tbh
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

The 7 series is a complete rebuild.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Winston_Churchill wrote:

It's a pretty cool phone, but it's absolutely lousy in the UK. In my opinion, better than the Blackberry, if for the apps and browser alone. Don't expect better apps here than on Android, and if you're willing to charge your phone every 8 hours, yes, go for it. However, as a Palm Pre user, I feel like I'm partially beta testing for Palm, and I'm not too happy about it - however, I still think it's an upgrade vs. the Blackberry, and I wouldn't be happier on an iPhone because of how they treat everyone like a bloody idiot.

If you have any friends in the USA, see if you can maybe get a Nexus One? That'd be my phone of choice, and not much over £300.

-kon

edit:

Kmarion wrote:

However, the Zune Marketplace STILL hasn't hit Europe (and as someone who owns a Zune, this really pisses me off). If you do wait (something I hadn't considered), you'll see a new Palm phone, Windows Phone 7 Series phones (horrible name) and probably a new Android phone coming out - so I'd probably recommend that unless you like the Nexus One.

Last edited by konfusion (2010-03-06 10:25:46)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

rammunition wrote:

I don't want to jump on the blackberry bandwagon. God 95% of people I know have them.
There's a reason as to why they are so popular. They do their job remarkably well and are fantastic to play around with.

I have the 9700 Bold and it's a joy to use. It's also amazing simply for BBM where I can chat to all my friends in other countries for absolutely nothing. I wouldn't go for either of those phones. If you want a phone that does a phones job, then the BB is the way to go. Now, if you want something with millions of useless apps and a select few that actually are quite useful, then sure, go ahead with the iPhone. I primarily use my BB because of my work and emails; but it's a nifty phone that's really really nice to use.

The same argument about the BB bandwagon can be applied with the iPhone.

Yeah, the BB doesn't have a terrific browser; but that will soon change with the webkit release. 5.2 is going to have it, and it should be out before Summer. Also, Opera Mini 5 will soon get out of beta and work on the 9700 (it currently doesn't work).

@konfusion.... What the fuck are you on about? I use the Zune Marketplace all the time and I'm in the UK.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

konfusion wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

It's a pretty cool phone, but it's absolutely lousy in the UK. In my opinion, better than the Blackberry, if for the apps and browser alone. Don't expect better apps here than on Android, and if you're willing to charge your phone every 8 hours, yes, go for it. However, as a Palm Pre user, I feel like I'm partially beta testing for Palm, and I'm not too happy about it - however, I still think it's an upgrade vs. the Blackberry, and I wouldn't be happier on an iPhone because of how they treat everyone like a bloody idiot.

If you have any friends in the USA, see if you can maybe get a Nexus One? That'd be my phone of choice, and not much over £300.

-kon

edit:

Kmarion wrote:

However, the Zune Marketplace STILL hasn't hit Europe (and as someone who owns a Zune, this really pisses me off). If you do wait (something I hadn't considered), you'll see a new Palm phone, Windows Phone 7 Series phones (horrible name) and probably a new Android phone coming out - so I'd probably recommend that unless you like the Nexus One.
MS always comes up with a horrible name. In no way is Windows 7 the actual seventh version of windows. I definitely prefer the Nexus one. I've seen and used the Nexus one. I've also used the the Palm Pre plus (my brother in law has it). It was very slow in comparison. I'm not in all impressed with it.

The first thing that jumps out on the Nexus one is the (oled) screen. It much more vibrant than the iPhone. It is also very fast. Incredibly snappy. It has twice the ram as the Droid/iPhone and a 1 ghz processor.

I've been using the Marketplace for at least 3 years. That sux.

Zimmer Blackberries are so popular because they have been around for so long. Your "there popular for a reason" theory can also be applied to the desire and availability of a few hundred thousand apps. All of which are not entirely "useless".
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard