11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
How do you say " Congratulations on your olympic medals" in finland talk?

we got the US and Finland womens hockey team on one of our flights right now from Vancouver.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-02-26 09:11:20)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH
como esta usted?
11 Bravo
Banned

loubot wrote:

como esta usted?
your face
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH
lol try this
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
google says

Onnea teidän olympiamitalia
Tu Stultus Es
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH

loubot wrote:

lol try this
that language translator is slow....have not gotten the answer yet
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

eleven bravo wrote:

google says

google is almost right.

Onnitelut teidän olympia-mitalista.

cool story bra!
11 Bravo
Banned

ruisleipa wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

google says

google is almost right.

cool story bra!
thanks.  thats what one site i found said it was.  just wanted to make sure.  they are on approach right now so it is too late to correct it if it was wrong.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
well now all you need to do is pronounce it right

you'll be laughed at if you say it with a stupid aland islands accent or something

*aland islands is a swedish speaking area of finland, everyone probably hates them, especially cos thats where freezer7 is from
11 Bravo
Banned

Mekstizzle wrote:

well now all you need to do is pronounce it right

you'll be laughed at if you say it with a stupid aland islands accent or something

*aland islands is a swedish speaking area of finland, everyone probably hates them, especially cos thats where freezer7 is from
ya i dunno.  long flight for the pilots so they were bored i guess.  i hope they sounded stupid.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land
They almost certainly did pronounce it wrong but knowing the Finns they'd be grateful they made an effort, so it's all good.

And the Åland Islands are a beautiful part of Finland (although it's true most of them speak pretty bad Finnish). Anyone who hates them is probably a juntti from Kuopio or some shit

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-02-26 10:34:45)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6460

ruisleipa wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

google says

google is almost right.

cool story bra!
More like

"Onnittelut olympiamitallinne johdosta."

Yeah, it's not direct translation but it just sounds better.

EDIT:
Yeaaah, next time I should read the thread, I'm horribly late.

Also WTF is "Kupio"?

Last edited by NooBesT (2010-02-26 10:23:15)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

NooBesT wrote:

Also WTF is "Kupio"?
You know what I meant, but I edited it just for you.

And yeah read the thread dammit.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6383|Southern California
Also, how do you say
"Holy fucking shit, we just dominated your fucking mens team so damn hard. I can't believe we scored 6 goals before even the first 10 minutes of play. You guys made Russia Vs Canada look like a close game"
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6460

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Also, how do you say
"Holy fucking shit, we just dominated your fucking mens team so damn hard. I can't believe we scored 6 goals before even the first 10 minutes of play. You guys made Russia Vs Canada look like a close game"
Jenkit on ihan hinttejä kaikki ja ne pitäis hirttää. Ei saatana oikeesti kun ne yrittää tulla leijumaan 6 maalin jälkeen ja vielä kusettaa 10 minuutin ajoillaan. Venäjän ja Kanadan pitäis olla loppuottelussa.

Should be something like that. *cough*
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

Also, what about; "fucking NooBest/DeathUnlimited"
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

finnish
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

NooBesT wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Also, how do you say
Jenkit on ihan hinttejä kaikki ja ne pitäis hirttää. Ei saatana oikeesti kun ne yrittää tulla leijumaan 6 maalin jälkeen ja vielä kusettaa 10 minuutin ajoillaan. Venäjän ja Kanadan pitäis olla loppuottelussa.

lmao

what a fuckin nightmare
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5742|شمال
Use google translator bro... It is pro!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
11 Bravo
Banned
ugh fucking pilot failed with his iphone pics.  last time i help him out.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium
Mitä?
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN
What Airline you fly for Marine?
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command

LividBovine wrote:

What Airline you fly for Marine?
skychef errand boy tbh.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6401|Espoo, Finland

ruisleipa wrote:

They almost certainly did pronounce it wrong but knowing the Finns they'd be grateful they made an effort, so it's all good.

And the Åland Islands are a beautiful part of Finland (although it's true most of them speak pretty bad Finnish). Anyone who hates them is probably a juntti from Kuopio or some shit
Hey! Kuopio is far from being any sort of 'junttila' and we're not hating the Åland Islands any more than anyone else. In fact, it is much more awsm than the Capital Region anyway.

NooBesT wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Also, how do you say

ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

B-Scimitar wrote:

Hey! Kuopio is far from being any sort of 'junttila' and we're not hating the Åland Islands any more than anyone else. In fact, it is much more awsm than the Capital Region anyway.
shit I was wondering if anyone was here from Kuopio   No offence it was the first place that came to mind...my bad. Peace?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard