Timelord_
+25|6507
This means that the beta is only weeks away! JOY!

Announcement
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Timelord_

Go create a blog or something...

This stuff is hardly thread-worthy...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
He's just trying to get hits on his site.

E: Look at his last 4 threads, they all link to the site in his profile.

Last edited by Finray (2010-02-17 12:45:46)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

E: Look at his last 4 threads, they all link to the site in his profile.
Kmarion just deemed me "Timelord_'s personal mod
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
fuggin hell could i be less excited about this massively hyped game that has been coming out for what, five years or something? it had better be the best game ever and not just for starcraft fanboys...of which there are gazillions of course...
FloppY_
­

ruisleipa wrote:

fuggin hell could i be less excited about this massively hyped game that has been coming out for what, five years or something? it had better be the best game ever and not just for starcraft fanboys...of which there are gazillions of course...
Protip: If blizzard says it is out Q2 2010 it will most likely be out Q3 2011...

but yeah, overhyped game is overhyped...
Games that are expected to be absolutely awesome, rarely are...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-17 13:24:54)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

FloppY_ wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Protip: If blizzard says it is out Q2 2010 it will most likely be out Q3 2011...

lllllllllllllloooooooooooollllllllll
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

^ has never been in the same room as starcraft
­
­
­
­
­
­
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

FloppY_ wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Hey Floppy

GTFO!
Timelord_
+25|6507
The beta system requirements have just been released for anyone who cares.

Beta System Specs

I gotta ask - what is GTFO?
FloppY_
­
What is with the shitstorm?

What did I say.. I never said "starcraft sux lol".. I said there is too much hype for STARCRAFT II... 2... TWO !!!!!

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-17 14:43:42)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Can someone explain what exactly is so awesome about starcraft
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Mekstizzle wrote:

Can someone explain what exactly is so awesome about starcraft
Nothing

Finray wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6429|Ontario
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
lol I just got an invite to the beta...somehow
Timelord_
+25|6507
Put it on ebay.  Some peeps buying em up for $300 bucks!
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

I dont understand how it has taken this long to take SC1 and give it a few new units, with some pretty low quality graphics honestly. I know its Blizzard's "thing" but how the shit does it take this long when it looks like that. I mean the backstory and most of the gameplay/units were already done.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I dont understand how it has taken this long to take SC1 and give it a few new units, with some pretty low quality graphics honestly. I know its Blizzard's "thing" but how the shit does it take this long when it looks like that. I mean the backstory and most of the gameplay/units were already done.
Balancing?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I just played Starcraft for the first time last week lol.... Fun, but I suck. I like taking my time, a lot of time, with strategy games, which the ai doesnt let me do...

I agree with TimmmmaaaaH, SC2 just looks like an upgraded SC to me, and not the best potential upgrade either.... although people say you can't improve on perfection  
How many new units are there? and Balancing, Sisco? How much time have they had for that? Especially with the first one being so great n such, im guessing it was well balanced...

Probably won't get as there are plenty of other games I am more interested in atm.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Sisco10 wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Balancing?
If the first was not balanced, it would not be regarded as "perfect" and the best RTS ever made etc.

New units I suppose, but that doesnt take however many years it has been. I am just saying new games have been made in less time than this. Not sequels.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2010-02-22 00:24:49)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
I was just guessing lol.

But I take it they tried out many new units and had to thoroughly test them, especially before the background of the first being the "perfect balanced game".
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Balancing?
If the first was not balanced, it would not be regarded as "perfect" and the best RTS ever made etc.

New units I suppose, but that doesnt take however many years it has been. I am just saying new games have been made in less time than this. Not sequels.
1. It hasn't been in the works for 10 years.
2. Adding any new units completely messes with balancing.
3. Being Blizzard and having unlimited funds they can choose to come up with many concepts for new units which will have been heavily playtested then possibly scrapped.
4. Again having unlimited funds they can afford to polish the fuck out of this game, tweaking GUIs and other menial things.

Theres so many reasons this game could take so long.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
I honestly thing the graphics look pretty damn good.

Sure it doesn't have the crazy 3d flying camera of some modern games, but I like the view that the older games had... and it looks like SC2 does a decent job of maintaining that.

The videos posted above look kinda like crap, but on vimeo in HD it looks pretty fucking awesome.
http://vimeo.com/6236998
Full screen and in HD, I see no reason to complain about graphics. Looks like they have made a lot of changes and tweeks too.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Timelord_ wrote:

Put it on ebay.  Some peeps buying em up for $300 bucks!
shit. too late.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

my god, complaining about graphics, that's why you don't understand starcraft.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard