theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
LETS GET THIS GOING!!!

HellHead wrote:

Sooo... downloaded...installed... friendrequest sent (to Johan of course )... joined a game... aaaaand... can´t move. No keyboard input works.
Aaaargh !

Negerkungen wrote:

And its laggy as hell,I'm not too impressed by this game so far...

Hallvard wrote:

my pc can't run it .... >.<
gonna try to find a new one tomorrow...

Varegg wrote:

Issues so far:

*Lag lag lag ... not one of the servers I played on last evening was smooth.
*CTD when loading the server browser every other time.
*CTD when round is finished, 4 out of 5 times.
*I think the game is way too "light grey"

On the positive side:
*All the controls are pretty much like BF2, the minimap is confusing but will prolly only take some time getting used too.
*Keymapping is great, easier and better than BF2.

superfly_cox wrote:

i finally got to play it this morning.  performance was good.  graphics are great.  zero lag.  i hope this means they resolved their server problems, but in any case i had no problems whatsoever with crashes or lag.

my initial impressions.  first off, anybody who has been playing MW2 is going to find the game sluggish.  the game tries to recreate what its like to run around on the battle field and for instance you can't turbo strafe.  you can sprint straight ahead but if you want to move sideways you'll do it pretty slowly.  i don't find this a bad thing because i don't want an arcade shooter.  you're not going to see any dolphin diving or bunny hopping in this game.  second, they're big into creating the fog of war sensation.  when you first start playing it can be disorienting and you're not entirely sure what is going on.  third, vehicles are not overpowered.  it takes time to aim your shots with the tank so don't expect cox-style tank whoring to prevail.  fourth, you don't get insta-kills.  its not easy to gun down another player so the idea is if you stick with your squad mates then you'll be able to get the jump on the lonewolves.

i was a little worried after everybody's initial reviews but i think most of the issue was with the technical problems with the servers.  i'm running the game on a two year old rig and had no problems rendering on 1680x1050 resolution so i don't think its a cpu killer.  game play seems fine although it is confusing at first.  we'll see how it goes tonight when the servers fill up again.

.Sup wrote:

Honestly I don't like the game much, looks like fun but firing weapons is such a laggy feeling. Unable to prone makes me wanna puke all over DICE.

HellHead wrote:

Soooo... just coming back from about 7 hours of BFBC2 and I have to say it´s not bad at all.
-The lag issues settled mostly
-sound is awesome
-accurate hitboxes
-well balanced gameplay, weapons and so forth
- and I love that destructible evironment
but as always the most fun came from the teamplay again.
Thanks guys, great as always !
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720

superfly_cox wrote:

Okay, here's my wishlist (aside from bugs, stability, etc):

1) Prone and toggle crouch.  i appreciate that dolphin diving is one of the downsides of prone but they can fix that by giving a penalty to aim when you first go prone.  not having toggle crouch is silly.  holding down crouch and trying to strafe only really works if you are a native of Chernobyl and were born with six finger on your left hand.
2) Close range combat.  I like the feel of the weapons at medium to long range and appreciate the skill involved but at short range it is pretty weird.  for example, sometimes you can spay a guy with your entire magazine and he won't go down.   i'd like to know that if i can sneak up behind somebody that i can easily take em out without having to empty my gun.  I'd like the knife to be a little faster but i can appreciate why they didn't make it that way...knife kills are pretty rewarding so can't really complain.
3) Smoke grenades that last longer than 3 seconds.  By the time you run to the smoke it has already cleared.
4) Crisper controls.  I find myself getting stuck and having to slow myself down when i'm climbing the stairs on the construction site.  controls don't feel great yet.  I'm not talking about the fact that they are slow but rather that they're not very crisp at times.  I'm sure its a bug but when you're in a tank you can barely move the turret.  if you change your ingame mouse sensitivity to 100 then all of a sudden you can move the turret easily but as soon as you leave the tank your soldier can't aim cause the mouse sensitivity is too high so you need to change ingame mouse sensitivity again.  There's also a bad delay on entering/exiting vehicles that causes many people to either fall off the ATV or crash the UAV cause they press E twice.
5) Instant announcement of kill. For some reason there's a delay in announcing your kill of another player.  This is especially annoying on sniper kills with the M24 cause you can't see the guy die cause you're reloading.
6) Better spotting system as well as ingame orders.  The original system on bf2 was awesome...just need to implement that.
7) Commanders...can't understand why they don't have them.
8) Vehicle survivability.  It is way too easy to stay alive in a tank if you got two people repairing you.  A decent strategy but i've seen it abused in games.
9) Heal over time.  This really takes away from the medic class if people can just hide and regenerate pretty quickly.

Overall i think the game is great although i am pretty sick of that map!

theDude5B wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

Okay, here's my wishlist (aside from bugs, stability, etc):

8) Vehicle survivability.  It is way too easy to stay alive in a tank if you got two people repairing you.  A decent strategy but i've seen it abused in games.
I thought this too but then unlocked the Mortar which gives you an extra option for taking out Vehicles, especially if they are just camping in a spot which makes it very hard to get close enough for attacking them with rockets or c4. Also with the Mortar attacks, even if you don't take out the tank on the first try, it will at least kill the engineers who are fixing the tank from the rear. Then hopefully someone can hit it with a rocket and take it out.

Also I love the fact that you can take out those pesky snipers with a Mortar strike
Hallvard
+262|6492|North Norway

Not gonna bother with new pc... Taking a break from fps instead... Maybe I'll buy new pc when the real game is out, maybe.
baggs
+732|6174

Hallvard wrote:

Not gonna bother with new pc... Taking a break from fps instead... Maybe I'll buy new pc when the real game is out, maybe.
taking a break? did the beta actually put you off?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
I haven't played with anyone I know yet ...

I've played it for about an hour so far, haven't had enough spare time! I spent most of the time wondering wtf was going on while admiring the graphics and sound effects.

I already have a massive list of improvements that need to be made, but they seem to all have been mentioned already: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … st12485905

-Gun animations and sounds don't match actual bullets being fired from the guns! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qakx8rkHFr0

-Many users graphics cards aren't even being utilized properly, http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3531/graka.jpg
^This is both occuring on Nvidia and ATI GPUs.

-Can be Revived after committing suicide through menu

-Slower rank up speeds, max rank is going to be a joke

-Unable to sprint unless game is restarted

-Able to switch squads while dead

-Crouch toggle

-Friends list doesn't function or is reset

-Minimap Zoom in and out

-Kills and Deaths on the scoreboard!

-Lag whenever someone joins the server

-Avatar feels unresponsive/player controls get stuck

-ALT TAB support (Only works in select screens)

-Ability to switch seats in a vehicle...

-Stats are often not working

-Some players don't gain rank properly and keep gaining score past the max( ex. -673 points to next rank up)

-The Widescreen FOV is wayyyy too small, please make it customizable or much wider.

-Server browser needs to have sorting functionality(sort by ping, etc)

-Iron sight Toggle and Iron sight hold support

-The hud minimap has no compass

-Default on foot is set to joystick and mouse causing some confusion

-Death Chat

-Remove auto-aim from the knife animation

-Increase the weight of the chopper, it flys like a tin can, and takeoff is much too fast

-Recoil values are actually very good

-Some feel damage is too low in normal mode, some like it

-Add More information to score board, Ping is a necessity on the PC!!!

-FPS!!! Please add FPS viewing

-Developer Console would be greatly appreciated

-first person Record functionality

-Personal weapon/vehicle sounds seem quieter than rest

-Updating stats is bugged when a new friend request is present

-G9 is not fully supported

-Strafe Run would be much appreciated

-"Connection to Gameserver has been lost" even in the DMZ after new update

-Kicked immediately after joining a server

-Apache pilot can be killed out of chopper by 40mm grendade

-Health Bar Added Please

-Rubber banding on most servers

-Dust hit registration effect is occuring *shot registers clientside only*

-Darker font in the news ticker

-C4 is not sticking properly

-Sound is more powerful on the left side of speaker(s)

-Auto login feature would be appreciated

-Rocket Animation bug when switching weapons after firing

-Game often launches in window mode instead of full screen

-Direct X level setting

-Minimap transparency slider would be appreciated

-Seperate sensitivity settings for each control section

-Reports of White Screen menus, and Blue screens

-Play Now is causing network error

-Steam community isn't functional while in game

-Duplicate GUID errors for some who purchased the game

-Some people would like to use delete as a bind instead of a bind delete function

-Water reflection issues on select ATI cards

-Rate of Fire switch is being requested

-Scroll wheel weapon selection doesn't work properly(ex. can't keep scrolling down to get to the top again)

-Several Joysticks aren't supported properly

-Lack of voice indicator when using default push to talk key

-Ability to skip intro videos

-Negative mouse acceleration/Mouse unresponsive

-Prone is being requested

-Ability to stop refreshing by pressing escape/not refresh

-Sniper scope becomes blurred

-Clicking/Aiming on the edges of the screen can cause CTD
(could be related to new feature in windows called Peek at desktop)

-Voip Test (see how you sound before going in game)

-Ability to exit the game without joining the next round

-Players are experiencing false revival messages

-Pistols are very accurate in hip fire.

-Shift + W + Pressing TAB for scoreboard causes minimize

-Exiting a mounted weapon will often lock player in knife animation for a short time

-Binds to the Enter Key cause the menu to come up also

-Cooldown/reload bar for mounted weapons/mortars

-'Q' squad command does not function

-Server Settings displayed before joining(ex. FF ON/OFF)

-Squad invite feature would be appreciated

-Can't chat during round won/loss video

-Shotgun halalalala registration issues

-UAV and Helicopter Controls have opposing inverted controls.

-Entire teams are going recon

-Kit selections aren't saving from round to round or server to server
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
A quick response.

I think the 'Q' squad command does work, but is really limited. You can basically point at A or B and then press 'Q'. All it seems to do it highlight one of the targets more. But I have yet to hear a voice command saying "Attack/Defend Target"
Hallvard
+262|6492|North Norway

baggs wrote:

Hallvard wrote:

taking a break? did the beta actually put you off?
nah, current pc can't run the beta... can't really afford new pc (not if I plan to eat at least) and now I'm bored of my other fps options: bf2, cod4, mw2....

Oh well, I always was a rts and rpg player more then fps player...
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

The CTD:s is really starting to annoy me...
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

for a free beta, its not too bad. I had to screw the graphics settings down even tho I shouldnt have to. Would be nice if the friends thing worked. It never will in beta according to the dev blog. Loads of shit they wont fix in the beta but they will in the game. They havent time to do both apparently. This is not a team and squad game like bf2. More a run and gun affair. But I still like it. Love the sniper and bullet drop shit.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

There is supposedly going to be two game modes in the retail version that will focus on squad teamwork ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

it weird that the 1911 handgun is better than any assault rifle.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

superfly_cox wrote:

it weird that the 1911 handgun is better than any assault rifle.
yea, and submachine guns with couple bursts can take out snipers (but thats not bad at all ) damn I love engineer class
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6698|Germany

And shotguns are weak as water pistols, need three or four shots to kill someone you can't reach with the knife. But, so said twitter somewhere, the public beta build is about 7 weeks old.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6658|"The Empire"
Will there be BF2s BC2 server when the retail version comes out?
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

The AH64 is supposed to be armored to defeat small arms up to and including .50 right? At least that's what EA says,but yet I was killed by an XM8 while I'm in the chopper...WTF is that???
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Negerkungen wrote:

The AH64 is supposed to be armored to defeat small arms up to and including .50 right? At least that's what EA says,but yet I was killed by an XM8 while I'm in the chopper...WTF is that???
Up to and NOT including...

I havent had ANY problems with the beta Running awesomely smooth except for my gfxcard/CPU lacking a slight bit of raw power for this BETA...
For me, all it needs is some balance tweaking (C4 !!!!) and it's ready for release..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

NO,up to AND including... And the last time I checked the XM8 were a 5.56mm

And how hard can it be to fix the lag problems??I haven't had any lag since the beta was released,but today it's almost impossible to play damn it!
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
dont know about the lag issue today but i'm gonna try to play a few rounds, johan still trying, anybody else?
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

I just quit playing,give me a pling on xfire when you gonna game
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

BC2 just doesn't feel right.

I don't enjoy playing it.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

NooBesT wrote:

That's because the game doesn't like you..
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6698|Germany

Negerkungen wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

So true

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2010-02-14 10:10:19)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Negerkungen wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

So true
Well yeah... The game isn't alone.
/emo
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6698|Germany

Nah, we like you, you are like one of the best Fins our community ever had.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Nah, we like you, you are like one of the best Fins our community ever had.
Now that's a little bit of an overstatement don't you think...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard