HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6708|Germany

superfly_cox wrote:

damn, we're all like little kids on Christmas.
It´s worse... we are pretty grown up kids before christmas... 

1 hour to go !  Meeeeeeh !
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6741|Topside

HellHead wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

damn, we're all like little kids on Christmas.
It´s worse... we are pretty grown up kids before christmas... 

1 hour to go !  Meeeeeeh !
Pick up the pace Tony!!
HellHead
+336|6708|Germany
Sooo... downloaded...installed... friendrequest sent (to Johan of course )... joined a game... aaaaand... can´t move. No keyboard input works.
Aaaargh !
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6741|Topside

Yeah I joined a French server and it lagged sooo bad so I had to leave.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6621|EU

I damn you all! After reading all those posts I couldn't stay aside and pre-ordered. Now I'm left with little money and pay-day is after about 7 days... Go me!
HellHead
+336|6708|Germany
That´s the spirit !

Oh, got my keyboard working. Let´s see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited by HellHead (2010-01-28 11:55:33)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

HellHead wrote:

Sooo... downloaded...installed... friendrequest sent (to Johan of course )... joined a game... aaaaand... can´t move. No keyboard input works.
Aaaargh !
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/38993d1193754929-vw-promises-more-courageous-design-new-beetle-redesign-still-go-curses.gif
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6741|Topside

WTF you can't go prone in BC2
HellHead
+336|6708|Germany
Yeah, that was first thought too...
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6741|Topside

And its laggy as hell,I'm not too impressed by this game so far...
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

my pc can't run it .... >.<
gonna try to find a new one tomorrow...
HellHead
+336|6708|Germany
So far I found one ! lagfree server and i tried about 20 with a reasonable ping around 40-60 (even though I´m not really convinced those ping counts are really accurate in the server browser. Australia servers with a 42 ping...Yeah...).
That is ridicoulus !
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

Hallvard wrote:

What are your PC' specs?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
HellHead
+336|6708|Germany
Another 10 tries, lag,lag,lag and laaa-a--a----aa---aa-aaaa--aag.
Fuck that shit, good night.
.Sup
be nice
Do you need a torrent link?
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

.Sup wrote:

Hallvard wrote:

What are your PC' specs?
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2,2GHz
3gb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 (1531mb)
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/f … .php?f=733

lots of server problems.  hopefully they fix it soon cause game is unplayable for many atm.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Issues so far:

*Lag lag lag ... not one of the servers I played on last evening was smooth.
*CTD when loading the server browser every other time.
*CTD when round is finished, 4 out of 5 times.
*I think the game is way too "light grey"

On the positive side:
*All the controls are pretty much like BF2, the minimap is confusing but will prolly only take some time getting used too.
*Keymapping is great, easier and better than BF2.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

i finally got to play it this morning.  performance was good.  graphics are great.  zero lag.  i hope this means they resolved their server problems, but in any case i had no problems whatsoever with crashes or lag.

my initial impressions.  first off, anybody who has been playing MW2 is going to find the game sluggish.  the game tries to recreate what its like to run around on the battle field and for instance you can't turbo strafe.  you can sprint straight ahead but if you want to move sideways you'll do it pretty slowly.  i don't find this a bad thing because i don't want an arcade shooter.  you're not going to see any dolphin diving or bunny hopping in this game.  second, they're big into creating the fog of war sensation.  when you first start playing it can be disorienting and you're not entirely sure what is going on.  third, vehicles are not overpowered.  it takes time to aim your shots with the tank so don't expect cox-style tank whoring to prevail.  fourth, you don't get insta-kills.  its not easy to gun down another player so the idea is if you stick with your squad mates then you'll be able to get the jump on the lonewolves.

i was a little worried after everybody's initial reviews but i think most of the issue was with the technical problems with the servers.  i'm running the game on a two year old rig and had no problems rendering on 1680x1050 resolution so i don't think its a cpu killer.  game play seems fine although it is confusing at first.  we'll see how it goes tonight when the servers fill up again.
baggs
+732|6203

superfly_cox wrote:

i finally got to play it this morning.  performance was good.  graphics are great.  zero lag.  i hope this means they resolved their server problems, but in any case i had no problems whatsoever with crashes or lag.

my initial impressions.  first off, anybody who has been playing MW2 is going to find the game sluggish.  the game tries to recreate what its like to run around on the battle field and for instance you can't turbo strafe.  you can sprint straight ahead but if you want to move sideways you'll do it pretty slowly.  i don't find this a bad thing because i don't want an arcade shooter.  you're not going to see any dolphin diving or bunny hopping in this game.  second, they're big into creating the fog of war sensation.  when you first start playing it can be disorienting and you're not entirely sure what is going on.  third, vehicles are not overpowered.  it takes time to aim your shots with the tank so don't expect cox-style tank whoring to prevail.  fourth, you don't get insta-kills.  its not easy to gun down another player so the idea is if you stick with your squad mates then you'll be able to get the jump on the lonewolves.

i was a little worried after everybody's initial reviews but i think most of the issue was with the technical problems with the servers.  i'm running the game on a two year old rig and had no problems rendering on 1680x1050 resolution so i don't think its a cpu killer.  game play seems fine although it is confusing at first.  we'll see how it goes tonight when the servers fill up again.
I am now refreshed with optimism!

(just need to get the beta downloaded now )
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6621|EU

Are these Beta made for both - x86 and x64 architectures or I have to select somewhere which one I need? The problem is that I dled one and it splashes an error something like its for 32bit system or what. /confused
.Sup
be nice
Honestly I don't like the game much, looks like fun but firing weapons is such a laggy feeling. Unable to prone makes me wanna puke all over DICE.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6741|Topside

I just played a few rounds and without the laaaagggggg the game is quit nice,but like .Sup says,not be able to go prone sucks ass!
and I still haven't figured out how to spot the enemy *standing in the corner with a sillyhat on*
And the scoring system is a little bit weird,I mean you get points for everything(almost)
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749
The lag I have had is when firing shots. click mouse button, then a second later the gun fires, then a second later i die

I have black blotches flashing about my screen at times even after updating graphics drivers.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749
switched off my SLi and graphics fine now.

CTD'ed a few times though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard