M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

I'm wondering why people have to compare it to BF2, its not the same game and it isn't intended to be.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well there's competition, then there's competitive gaming. Or casual competition and play, and competitive competition and play. English ain't your first language so I won't go all gay and shit, but I'm just saying. There's differences out there.
It is my first language. Fun in multiplayer FPS games is competition and competitive play is an extension of that. Making a game casual means removing the player's ability to gain a significant level of skill, usually so that bad players are almost guaranteed to have a chance of winning

no i dont believe fun in fps games is based entirely on competition...and your argument makes no sense

no matter how much your crying about it...its not going to change anything and bfbc2 will remain a casual game as all of the other bf titles
I am not crying, but I'm sure you won your high school debate club over with that one. And yes, it makes sense: Everything you do in a multiplayer FPS game involves trying to beat your opponent. That is called competition. And if you're going to try and tell me you don't care if you win or lose; that's a lie, you do. As I said, lose every single time from now on and then tell me how much fun you're still having.

I'm wondering why people have to compare it to BF2, its not the same game and it isn't intended to be.
I am not comparing it to BF2, I am comparing how good it is to BF2.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

Delusion wrote:

Lucien wrote:

First off, fuck you for implying I don't play videogames for enjoyment.
i never said that

Lucien wrote:

Second, if you think fun in online multiplayer FPS games isn't entirely based on competition, try this: Lose every single time. Never get a kill, never complete an objective, never win at anything. Then see how much of your mystical fun you're having.

Such a weak fucking cop-out argument, I'm so sick of it
no i dont believe fun in fps games is based entirely on competition...and your argument makes no sense

no matter how much your crying about it...its not going to change anything and bfbc2 will remain a casual game as all of the other bf titles
I've seen players being offered wages to play bf2 bad company and the game's been in beta for less than a day

I've seen thousands of pounds won by competitive players on battlefield 2, so your argument falls flat there.

IMO: if you want a casual fun game buy a console and play a console game. The trend of porting console games to PC and marketing them to casual gamers is killing all the enjoyment I get out of gaming on PC.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6724|Purplicious Wisconsin

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Still looks meh with max settings. After about an hour I started getting used to it, but it has that 2142 vibe. Also feels pretty beta-ish and not having prone sucks pretty hard. After that the textures went berserk.
Feels beta-ish? Hmmm wonder why, oh wait I know it's A FUCKING BETA!!!!!
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

War Man wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Still looks meh with max settings. After about an hour I started getting used to it, but it has that 2142 vibe. Also feels pretty beta-ish and not having prone sucks pretty hard. After that the textures went berserk.
well done captain retard, but part of beta testing is to identify that the game feels like its still in beta

I.E it still has areas that 100% need improving

shut the fuck up you're not as witty as you think you are.
War Man

I'm Jamesey wrote:

War Man wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

well done captain retard, but part of beta testing is to identify that the game feels like its still in beta

I.E it still has areas that 100% need improving

shut the fuck up you're not as witty as you think you are.
I don't consider myself witty, just you guys complain and whine about it being not bf2 or have no competitive feel. It just started, give it a few days.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!
And without voicing our opinions how does change happen exactly?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
We give it a few days and the game develops itself

It's called evolution, dumbie
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!
Yep the movement is clunky and stupid and console like and should never be in a PC game, wait a few days and the guys who developed it to be like that will change their minds!
War Man
Fuck you too. Anyway no servers available right now and there is a disconnection bug. I think I'll take a break for awhile
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng
Currently downloading at the amazing rate of 200 KB/s from some random file hosting website, since all the official hosting websites were really good and didn't crash.
#rekt
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6485|Foothills of S. Carolina

I have about 17 or so minutes left, unfortunately I have to go somewhere in about 10 mins
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6376|California
what the hell for my account on fileplay
i get this
That authentication code does not match our records

Please check your e-mail and try again..
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
40 mins left of download, should be able to fire it up for a round or two before going to bed
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6484|6 6 4 oh, I forget

liquidat0r wrote:

Alt. torrent link: http://www.speltorrents.se/details.php?id=1519
Yeah, well I downloaded the file from here and the message says no archives found and similar shit every time I try to extract it...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef … lient.aspx has quite a few links, don't know how many of them are "good"
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Yeah, well I downloaded the file from here and the message says no archives found and similar shit every time I try to extract it...
fuck, I'm downloading it from there.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6484|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Sydney wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Actually don't stop. See if it works.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6738|Germany

Sydney wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Works for me.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

well this sucks.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6699|"The Empire"
Well 4 hours downloading, and as expected iv spent another hour trying to get the fucking thing to work.

Login was ok, set up settings ok, try the server browser CTD, load up log in again, server browser CTD. This time i log in go straight into a game, can not connect check your connection. So i check it, login AGAIN check your connection, check your connection for 20 mins, then the page gets stuck so i have to reset and log in again and I'm getting bored now. FINALLY loads up a game and i get kicked before it loads, this happens twice more before it freezes and i have to reset again.

If its this bad even before i get into the game, how on earth is the game going to be stable enough to play. Had enough today, try again tomorrow.
War Man
Apparently no servers around.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
1.4GB file.

80 KB a second.

Leeroy Jenkins.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6606|Toronto-Canada
CTD'ed  when searching for servers
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie