Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6226|Texas

JohnG@lt wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why is it any worse than killing someone on the battlefield? Killing a human > killing a hamster and there's millions of people on this planet that have done so without psychological issues.
Because you killed a hamster with a hammer.
And putting a rifle round into a human skull and watching the brains spray out behind the target is somehow easier to stomach?
A trained and professional killing machine is different from forcing a boy to kill something to which he has an emotional attachment.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Gotta agree here, Dilbert_X.  Being forced to kill a pet with a hammer would screw up an adult, let alone a child.
Why is it any worse than killing someone on the battlefield? Killing a human > killing a hamster and there's millions of people on this planet that have done so without psychological issues.
Neither are good things.
Neither are bad
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Portrait_of_Friedrich_Nietzsche.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85

JohnG@lt wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

And putting a rifle round into a human skull and watching the brains spray out behind the target is somehow easier to stomach?
Generally significantly less scarring when you're engaging at longer ranges. I mean sure if you're actually in hand to hand or arguably looking at someone through a sniper scope that's going to rattle you big time, but splatting a small furry mammal with a hammer is pretty fucked up.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Pretty sure Nietzsche is totally discredited now.

A trained soldier volunteering to be trained and go kill people we consider enemy is very different from a small child being told to kill a pet for a trivial reason.
Its a stupid analogy really.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-01-24 20:10:16)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Dilbert_X wrote:

No just no.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

i r übermensch.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

i r übermensch.
You're an outside perspective on morality since you are above humanity?

Shiiiiiittt

Nietzsche was actually one of Rand influences. Their moral nihilism and disdain for their respective contemporary times would have made them friends.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

i r übermensch.

Shiiiiiittt

Nietzsche was actually one of Rand influences. Their moral nihilism and disdain for their respective contemporary times would have made them friends.
I'm faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

i r übermensch.

Shiiiiiittt

I'm faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound
A better translation would come out to 'over man' rather than 'Superman'.

I'm faster than a speeding bullet
I'm sorry for your girlfriend.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Shiiiiiittt

I know I have 'Thus spoke Zarathusa' sitting on my bookshelf right now. tbh, I put it down after about 20 pages because it was very difficult to read. The German prose is a lot different than one expects from a story written in English.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I know I have 'Thus spoke Zarathusa' sitting on my bookshelf right now. tbh, I put it down after about 20 pages because it was very difficult to read. The German prose is a lot different than one expects from a story written in English.
It is a real bitch to read.

Many times you wonder 'what the hell is he talking about?' and have to reread it a few times over before it makes sense. I should have bought a copy with notes from somebody with a PhD in philosophy.

Still though amazing author.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6334|California

FatherTed wrote:

He was made to kill his pet hamster with a hammer. what part of that is acceptable?
Fixed

But yea, that's fucked up to say the least. Poor kid.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

well i guess if the hamster was shooting at you then ya....
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
in all seriousness......why cant society be allowed to just kill people like this?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

11 Bravo wrote:

in all seriousness......why cant society be allowed to just kill people like this?
Because it's bad for business.

Seriously.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Anyway the animals were the mothers property so if she wanted to kill then fair enough. The animals cruelty charge should be dismissed.
Animals are not simply property, hence animal cruelty laws.
She should receive a hammer to the head.
Judging by her actions, I think she's probably already had a few hits on the head.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
Imagine if he flunks the semester? "Son take this gun and go shoot your sister."
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Macbeth wrote:

I laughed but that is just horrible. Hamster are pretty cool animals.

Anyway the animals were the mothers property so if she wanted to kill then fair enough. The animals cruelty charge should be dismissed.

I'm a bit unsure about the child cruelty charge. Does seem like a cruel thing to do to a child but than again kids needs a bit of discipline.
a) So, despite the fact it is a 'pretty cool' hamster and it's horrible, it's still worth a laugh?

b) If you have a pet you can do anything you want to it since it's your 'preoperty'. So there is no such thing as animal cruelty, is what you're saying?

c) The best way (or at least an acceptable way) to discipline a child is to get it to smash his/her pet with a hammer.

I hope to fuck you don't have kids - You're kinda fucked up, man.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

Macbeth wrote:

I'm a bit unsure about the child cruelty charge. Does seem like a cruel thing to do to a child but than again kids needs a bit of discipline.
This was a disgusting act on a number of levels. If there are animal cruelty laws that cover rodents in her State then she should be charged and prosecuted accordingly, you can't just kill animals for fun or to make a point. Secondly, making her child do that is tantamount to psychological child abuse in my book, that kind of event could have a deep and long-lasting effect on a child. Children often care deeply about their pets, many even grow to regard them as a 'best friend' of sorts... this poor kid was forced to kill his. That fact that you would so casually accept such practice as a way of instilling discipline is also quite frankly a little disturbing.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Gotta agree here, Dilbert_X.  Being forced to kill a pet with a hammer would screw up an adult, let alone a child.
Do you know many children who are forced to kill people on battlefields? This kid is still in his formative years.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Braddock wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Do you know many children who are forced to kill people on battlefields? This kid is still in his formative years.
https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/30/safa_4.jpg
https://forevercool1.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/kid.jpg
https://www.rettsnorge.no/bilder/Riis%20connection/African%20kid%20II%20carrying%20Kalashnikov%20AK-47.bmp

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-01-25 07:40:26)

-Frederick Bastiat
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Probably shoulda made him eat it for sustenance, now that's a real punishment, or a nice delicacy, you decide.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5953|Places 'n such
Looks like the most dangerous game of marco polo ever.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

JohnG@lt wrote:

Braddock wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photo … safa_4.jpg
http://forevercool1.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/kid.jpg
http://www.rettsnorge.no/bilder/Riis%20 … 0AK-47.bmp
These are all well-formed, functioning members of society now are they?
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6334|California

ruisleipa wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

a) So, despite the fact it is a 'pretty cool' hamster and it's horrible, it's still worth a laugh?

b) If you have a pet you can do anything you want to it since it's your 'preoperty'. So there is no such thing as animal cruelty, is what you're saying?

c) The best way (or at least an acceptable way) to discipline a child is to get it to smash his/her pet with a hammer.

I hope to fuck you don't have kids - You're kinda fucked up, man.
Awesome

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard