Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6665

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

In order for me to take any video seriously you must at least show an un-interrupted video, and for fucks sake, have a kill to death ratio of at least 1:1 with the weapon you're using!!! All of his shots were just the killing shots. Judging by his stats, he probably spent 5 minutes spraying and missing the person and then finally fraps'd the killing shot (notice how a shot to the arm kills someone). You people are sheep for buying into such bullshit so easily.
lol, it's true, but as you see when I did my video I showed myself get owned once or twice and also the one time I give someone two body shots I showed it, the rest where headies.  I wish I could run fraps and show how I normally play :<. 

Oh and PS: If you ever make another movie, don't put text every other kill, it pissed me off so much.
effekt_12
+1|6654| Australia
hey nice vid man, just wondering how u get the weapon name and the player u killed name to appear in orange is this client side or server side??
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6665

effekt_12 wrote:

hey nice vid man, just wondering how u get the weapon name and the player u killed name to appear in orange is this client side or server side??
Client.    Search the forums for "Localization files".
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6646
ok ok i admit that was very good i laughed so +1 karma for you and everybody else in this post.
0akleaves
+183|6613|Newcastle UK
pollux do you have to do that i mean whats wrong with that video let me see yours if you think your so good

cracking video towelly
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6646

Evil-fruits|ST4R wrote:

pollux do you have to do that i mean whats wrong with that video let me see yours if you think your so good
He's being cocky yet lacks the stats or skill to back it up.
0akleaves
+183|6613|Newcastle UK
you make a movie then i personally thought it was a good video and my stats dont show anything as we all start as n00bs or im ny case only get about 30fps
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6594|Las Vegas, NV USA

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Evil-fruits|ST4R wrote:

He's being cocky yet lacks the stats or skill to back it up.
Hehehe...

What, you don't think that just about anyone who has seen the video hasn't looked up his stats already?  He's got them within easy access, afterall.

Sheesh, it's a video he put together for enjoyment's sake, not an "I'm so elite, you all suck" public gloat session.  At least I haven't seen any boasting on his part.  Hell, he even admitted everything you've already pointed out, long before you posted your snide comments!

"Well as with most videos that anyone makes it doesn't tell the whole truth, a couple were second shot kills, would have shown the first hit but the editing didn't allow for it. Thanks to you as well...."

"....I mean it takes skill (that most of the time I don't have) but you can take out anyone in one shot if you do it right
Third, my stats awful for 1 reason, when I first started playing BF2 I played sniper (the camping type) got owned, and coz my old PC was shit, I had my view distance set to like 50%, bit of a no no."

--------Towelly

Geez, some people....
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6584|Finland
Nice sniping, i wish i would be as good as you
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I'd like to see the FULL video, not just a bunch of 5 second clips where he gets a finishing shot. But noone makes videos showing them getting owned.
A little OT perhaps but that is a neat idea. Why don´t you filmmakers out there do that? I personally think it could be fun to watch someone get owned badly. Because, lets face it, most of us have been in that situation. I have a Purple Heart as a reminder.. We all had rounds where nothing, NOTHING, you tried worked.

-Tank roll up and kill you.
-You spawn as AT.
-When ready for revenge the tank is gone.
-You get sniped.
-You spawn as sniper.
-Tank is back.
-You spawn in arty.
-You get bombed.
-Your parachute fails.
And on and on and on...

A compilation (sp?) of BF2 deaths could be, if done right, a nice little break!

And on topic: Nice vid, especially liked the rapid kills part.
n00b.Worx
+44|6726|West Berlin!
Very nice video towelly!! I thought you would show some Sharqui-scenes? And...I wasn´t playing at that moment huh? o.O

Pollux STFU
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
OK to pollux, have you ever heard of being a private???
When I first played the game I figured, ooo sniper rifle, that thing must be great! So out I go and get owned by everyone but I still kept playing to see if I could get a bit better, I didn't, so eventually I left sniping and just played on, but recently I started playing sniper a lot more and my stats have got better (thanks to finnaly having a good computer and a decent mouse)
Yes I didn't show myself getting killed that often, I mean why do I need to show that?? And also the entire pace of the film dictated that I shouldn't have any long scenes.
Lastly it was actaully over about 5 rounds in total, there were plenty of other kills, just didn't show them, and yes there were plenty of deaths, but I didn't show them either.

Thanks to everyone who has left comments and given reasons to them

Last edited by Towelly (2006-04-21 12:28:59)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

stoneisland wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I'd like to see the FULL video, not just a bunch of 5 second clips where he gets a finishing shot. But noone makes videos showing them getting owned.
A little OT perhaps but that is a neat idea. Why don´t you filmmakers out there do that? I personally think it could be fun to watch someone get owned badly. Because, lets face it, most of us have been in that situation. I have a Purple Heart as a reminder.. We all had rounds where nothing, NOTHING, you tried worked.

-Tank roll up and kill you.
-You spawn as AT.
-When ready for revenge the tank is gone.
-You get sniped.
-You spawn as sniper.
-Tank is back.
-You spawn in arty.
-You get bombed.
-Your parachute fails.
And on and on and on...

A compilation (sp?) of BF2 deaths could be, if done right, a nice little break!

And on topic: Nice vid, especially liked the rapid kills part.
Ok, I was going to do a entire M95 video, but just for you I'll do a Towelly getting owned video
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6651|The Netherlands
COOL MOVIE. HORRIBLE music +1
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6699|NCFSU2
I would say it's the best I've seen so far simply because of the attitude behind it. All of the "look at me I'm 1337" sniper videos are getting old. Thank you for making the community a video with some entertainment value and not just another I love me clip.

+1!

Semper.
-MIKI3.
+70|6643|The Netherlands
@Fancy_Pollux  plz SHUT THE FUCK UP !

nice video!
eagles1106
+269|6584|Marlton, New Jersey.
Some of those guys you killed though, couldnt hit the broadside of a barn
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6582|Eastern USA
Nice vid, but having text after almost ever other shot is annoying IMHO

+1 pour vous
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6663
what server was that done on? because those guys you were playing against have got to be the biggest noobs ive ever seen. just watch them react to stuff.

they go prone and dont even move....or run straight away...

ive come accross some pretty noob filled servers, but that one looks like a sniper's dream!!

some nice kills there. as others said, i like that second one.
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6639|Calgary,AB,Canada
Awesome video.
Some really nice shots..jk ALL NICE SHOTS

+1 karma

Last edited by gburndred (2006-04-23 00:42:10)

panderiz
+32|6767

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

In order for me to take any video seriously you must at least show an un-interrupted video, and for fucks sake, have a kill to death ratio of at least 1:1 with the weapon you're using!!! All of his shots were just the killing shots. Judging by his stats, he probably spent 5 minutes spraying and missing the person and then finally fraps'd the killing shot (notice how a shot to the arm kills someone). You people are sheep for buying into such bullshit so easily.
DAMN RIGHT

lol stupid snipers, unless you have a kdr over 2.5-3 as sniper your useless to your team.

that movie was pretty but
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6633|Florida
Great vid Towelly. Music was so so but the ownage was great. I for one enjoyed the vid for entertainment value and you definitely have good skill. I can sympathize with your private statement. We've all been there. Just some are too childish to admit it. Great vid, would love to see more vids from everybody.  +1 karma
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/seal.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard