King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Hakei wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

did hakei actually get banned?
Yes Teddy. I think his post in this thread is a perfect example of going over the top and getting all personal up in this bitch. A well deserved 3 day ban imo.

Had he simply stated his opinion without directly attacking atg, no ban would have happened.

As you can see, even the most lenient of us are getting irritated.
No King_County_Downy, having a mod AWM me 5 times in 2 weeks is 'getting all personal up in this bitch'. And you just iterated the problem with the whole system:

imo.
You obviously don't take warnings seriously then. Amirite?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994
Not really, no. Banning me wouldn't do much, seeing as Australia has dynamic IPs and TOR is a piece of cake to use. Evading a ban isn't hard and I've never been worried about getting a perma - I only post here on occasion anyway.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Hakei wrote:

Not really, no. Banning me wouldn't do much, seeing as Australia has dynamic IPs and TOR is a piece of cake to use. Evading a ban isn't hard and I've never been worried about getting a perma - I only post here on occasion anyway.
See you later then. Perm'd.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Could you help me find some of these calls for change so I/we can look at them again?
No, you dolt. They are in the mod section and eccetera.

It isn't that complicated and I wasn't asking the site to be turned upside down, nor advocating a day and night difference.

Most of the ideas for changes I no longer have access to given their location. For example, did I not suggest a rotating ' mini-mod ' concept, wherein a user would be given a small amount of authority confined to one thread? The concept was to educate the users on the fact that sometimes being a mod means pissing people off. The concept is now devolved into a unregulated EE (hat.

Did I not suggest to chuy that some sort of points system be introduced? Maybe that was in a pm. He basically dismissed the idea as a reintroduction of negative karma.

chuyskywalker wrote:

ATG wrote:

i think my suggestion here is a good one.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p2818735
At it's core, yes it would work.

Until people found out about it. Then gamed it. Then got people auto banned left/right/center all the time.

The DIGG.com company has 4 full time employees who dedicate themselves to nothing but developing fair ranking systems -- I don't have that amount of time nor inclination.
Did I not suggest specific users to be made moderators and a certain moderator to be made admin? The former because we have a lot of mods that are no longer really part of the community, yet still show up and throw their authority around and the later because prior to chuys retreat from Sweden there has been no one at the helm for some time. OH has mostly moved on. Showing up once a day to check pm's and issue punishments is not being involved in the community, it is clinging onto to power for powers sake.

I have never agreed with or participated in the secrecy you guys are so fond of. This community is far too small for that.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=124867
Public discussion of the future of the site.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=123946 
A forum for the open discussion of mod actions, suicides and ragequits. ( not calling for change, but open discussion is a change in of itself.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=123654
Initiating a conversation about censorship and moderating.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=120173
Going to bat for unjust decisions.

One of the reasons why I have taken an adversarial stance with you in particular fm is the amount of bitching you always did combined with your desire for status quo. It makes one feel like you are far more interested in holding on to your own power than have the site survive and evolve.

I get bored easily, sooner or later being a dick to you will get boring. So shala bling bling.

I'd like to think that me perma banning my account and stating that I was no longer involved was a powerful statement.

If it was, it was lost and unheard by most. It wasn't just a tizzy fit. It was the realization that I was wasting my time, both in caring, being here and trying to initiate change. My only regret is that I have proven to be unable to walk away from this site.

So there you have it, I tried to create a hostile environment over the last month or two to facilitate leaving and not posting anymore.

As much as I resent you fuckers some times, I can't quit.

As for being mod, meh. I created dupe accounts so that I could be one of the boys. Chuy himself said I did not have the right to post one day as a user and the next day as a mod.

The only thing I miss is the ability to review users post history. The way that's laid out for the mods is sweet. Umm, seeing what karma somebody gave out is cool, but are those things worth being forced to restrain myself? Hell no.

And banning people sometimes sucks. I still feel bad about gs, but he asked for it, but I still feel bad. I agonized over red formans ban ( not by me ) because he was aa guy that had invested enormous amounts of time here. He was also one turned on by the mob.

Which came first, him being a dick, or people giving him shit for being a smart ass marine?

Last edited by ATG (2010-01-21 09:36:05)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

ATG wrote:

One of the reasons why I have taken an adversarial stance with you in particular fm is the amount of bitching you always did combined with your desire for status quo. It makes one feel like you are far more interested in holding on to your own power than have the site survive and evolve.
'cause reading like, any of my posts in DST one realizes I am a HUGE fan of the status quo.

I don't feel that mods should be making major changes to how the site is run, at least in their eyes. We aren't here to make those decisions. We're here to moderate, not administrate - hence the title. If we have ideas, they should be voiced - not instantly and individually implemented. I value consistency in the application of the rules, and that means sticking to basic ethical standards and the guidelines set down for us to enforce. As much as you and marine keep telling myself and I assume the other mods how difficult it is to understand the rules when everyone has their own way of enforcing them I'm astounded you can't understand the value of striving for consistency in the application of the rules.
ATG
Banned
That would have more weight if the admins actually participated in the site more. This sites rules are defined by the moderators on duty.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p2859645

tell me people haven't been temped for pussy lips and ass shots in the above? Or at least had the thread locked; case in point;
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p2985644

Consistency in the application of the rules will only be accomplished by application of a SEMI automated system.

It wouldn't be that hard. It would not require coding. There are user notes that no one can see. There are reports that no one can see.

A report comes in, an AWM is issued. Or, if a post is out of line in a mods view, a AWM is issued. IF the receiver chooses to protest he makes a poll and posts links to the offending post and posts the AWM. Based on a combination of posts and poll numbers a senior mod could decide if the warning stands, in which case their mod note number advances one notch. After twelve righteous AWMs a temp would be issued and perhaps posting rights curtailed. Like no new threads. After say three 12 strike warnings the user loses their account.

Simple, requires nothing other than the agreement of the mods.

Last edited by ATG (2010-01-21 14:59:19)

Flaming_Maniac

ATG wrote:

That would have more weight if the admins actually participated in the site more. This sites rules are defined by the moderators on duty.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p2859645

tell me people haven't been temped for pussy lips and ass shots in the above? Or at least had the thread locked; case in point;
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p2985644

Consistency in the application of the rules will only be accomplished by application of a SEMI automated system.

It wouldn't be that hard. It would not require coding. There are user notes that no one can see. There are reports that no one can see.

A report comes in, an AWM is issued. Or, if a post is out of line in a mods view, a AWM is issued. IF the receiver chooses to protest he makes a poll and posts links to the offending post and posts the AWM. Based on a combination of posts and poll numbers a senior mod could decide if the warning stands, in which case their mod note number advances one notch. After twelve righteous AWMs a temp would be issued and perhaps posting rights curtailed. Like no new threads. After say three 12 strike warnings the user loses their account.

Simple, requires nothing other than the agreement of the mods.
The site rules are defined by the site rules, a long with what are essentially a few key amendments by chuy in writing. The interpretation of those rules is left to the mods on duty. Big difference.

Zimmer is not getting any special treatment from that thread. He is doing exactly what everyone else is, something that you know we've talked about and discussed in the mod section. It is no doubt very close to the line, maybe it should be closed. As of yet however, we haven't gotten many complaints (none that I know of, which probably at least means no serious ones) and no one has taken the initiative to close it themselves. If you think we should close it, then make an argument for it.

The latest thread is labeled NSFW by the title, it's not remotely classy, and obviously a fair number of the girls are underage. Even the response to the thread wasn't very positive. You take some of those pictures and put it in the other thread, fine. As it is BF2S is not a forum for anything that needs NSFW in the title. It seems to me it is a pretty clear cut case for rule 2. If the OP wants to take it up with me in private that's his prerogative.

In your example who is a "senior mod"?

What about egregious transgressions? Everything counts the same?

There has to be room for flexibility, that's what I don't like about a point system. Oversight would be crazy intense in your example, it would work but we would need about 5x the mods - don't know how well that would go with the size of our userbase. Or did you mean public voting?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6741|London

I think he meant

mods are gay
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
ATG
Banned

wrote:

In your example who is a "senior mod"?

kmarion, not because of days as mod, but because of his judgment, and how often he was on.
If you think we should close it, then make an argument for it.
hell no, I love tits, but it is a glaring example.

What about egregious transgressions? Everything counts the same?
nope, certain things should always be in the realm of instaban; chickswithdicks pix, gay pron, piles of goo that used to be people, gifs of a child sucking jesuses cock like AR posted.

There has to be room for flexibility, that's what I don't like about a point system.
The flexibility is that the AWM, if called, would be put to public view. Poll results would be one gauge, but posts saying ' yes it was legit and here is why ' would have more weight. Only the mods can change user notes. So if a user was on " 9 ' and they called somebody a nigger in a mean way the mods would still have the right to accelerate the count and ban.

then when some douche like hakei or whoever starts crying about AWMs the mods have to answer for it.

Maybe there should be a points systems for mods making bad calls too.
Flaming_Maniac
What if Kmarion isn't around? How do you make a senior mod?

How do you decide what is instaban and what isn't?

If mods still decide who to ban and who not to ban...what is the difference? Only that some people are banned for sure after x offenses? Most people here are complaining that we are banning too many people in the dwindling community, yourself included.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

I think we've all made our points. Maybe a little too well-known in fact. Closing this unless any other mods want to say something...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard