Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Okay kids time to get all kindergarten up in here.

There has been a lot of bad blood in the forums over the last couple months. Some people have proven themselves childish/annoying/plain stupid, and a lot more people have taken to using them as their personal ego punching bags. I speak for an awful lot of the mods and probably a fair number of members when I say we are sick of it. We expect decent community interaction, and we're going to be kicking people out until we get it.

Everyone deserves a fair shake. No doubt some have already had theirs and wasted it, but that is still no excuse to harass their every movement on the forum. Respect what posts you can respect, and keep your thoughts on the rest to yourself. Everyone says stupid shit on occasion, and we all deserve, nay, we all have the right to have that stupid shit ridiculed by our peers. But the problem we have here is people making fun of people, not what people are saying. It's old, it's not funny, it's mean. That means spamming pictures of people, harassing them for reasons completely unrelated to the thread, and the general circle jerk of bullying a few members for kicks. I mean after all, if they're as dumb as many claim then what exactly is the thrill of beating up on such a person? If they're trolling then why are you giving them what they want?

This is not an invitation to troll or continue exaggerated ignorance for the sake of attention whoring the forums. You will be put out on your ass just as quickly.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I'd post something witty here and break "Rule #1", but I cba.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

This is coming from the same group of mods who create alternative accounts to troll it's own members, yeah?

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3024/sarcasm.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flaming_Maniac
Do as I say, not as I do.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965
Rule #34 on Rule #1 please
robcr9
+111|5951
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

You're forgetting who play games... Young people.. and what do young people need? A heightened ego..

Thus the childish mofos are scaring off the old timers.. and the ratio, will forever.. fall.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
For the sake of maintaining the now much dwindled community I will try to keep to my cussing to a minimum.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Superior Mind wrote:

For the sake of maintaining the now much dwindled community I will try to keep to my cussing to a minimum.
fuck that. i feel we will always have censorship, but one should be able to express one's self.

tazz. wrote:

Thus the childish mofos are scaring off the old timers.. and the ratio, will forever.. fall.
i was reading older threads, and not much has changed, in my opinion. the 'oldtimers' have moved on, with a few exceptions.
hell, the admins barely log in at all, and the mods that we see daily are a fraction of the total.

this site has evolved (i can't type 'matured' with a straight face) and i like the fact that we have a Music, Tech, and Sports sections.
if older members are going to ragequit/account suicide, well, that's their prerogative. if newer members are going to behave like jackasses, why shouldn't they get the boot?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965
Soviet Bf & 2s
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Good post, FM. Glad to see the mods are noticing this.

Been shying away from this place myself, seeing as how degraded it's become.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
what is this I don't even
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
totally agree.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
You actually wrote all that?

I only read like the first two words btw.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

13/f/taiwan wrote:

You actually wrote all that?

I only read like the first two words btw.
Wow, you're cool.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
baggs
+732|6174
I have to be brutally honest, i read this and i actually laughed then seriousley considered even visiting here again.

My rebuttal is this:

No one makes you sign in.
Flaming_Maniac

baggs wrote:

I have to be brutally honest, i read this and i actually laughed then seriousley considered even visiting here again.

My rebuttal is this:

To be perfectly blunt and not being personal about this, no one is asking you to sign in either.

If you can come and follow the rules, then yeah BF2S wants you. If you can't, save everyone the trouble.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

baggs wrote:

My rebuttal is this:

No one makes you wake up in the morning either.

BRB killing your family.
baggs
+732|6174

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

baggs wrote:

My rebuttal is this:

To be perfectly blunt and not being personal about this, no one is asking you to sign in either.

If you can come and follow the rules, then yeah BF2S wants you. If you can't, save everyone the trouble.
So why do you feel you need to protect the helpless beings of bf2s? Yes i can see where you're coming from, i've seen undue spitefulness here and there, mainly in the BF2 Media section.

But when you as a mod, feel you have to protect relatively long standing members of the community, i just laugh at you. 9 times out of 10, these very members bring it upon themselves and more often than not, they give it as good as they get it. But then the intelligent majority see this member being a total fucking bellend and join in and ridicule them also.

But meh, i guess you felt like waving your dick around once again.
Flaming_Maniac

baggs wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

baggs wrote:

My rebuttal is this:

So why do you feel you need to protect the helpless beings of bf2s? Yes i can see where you're coming from, i've seen undue spitefulness here and there, mainly in the BF2 Media section.

But when you as a mod, feel you have to protect relatively long standing members of the community, i just laugh at you. 9 times out of 10, these very members bring it upon themselves and more often than not, they give it as good as they get it. But then the intelligent majority see this member being a total fucking bellend and join in and ridicule them also.

It's not about protecting them. If it were up to me certain people would be flayed upon a cross. Fact remains that we are trying to keep this forum relatively asshole-free, and the recent jump in harassment is highly counterproductive.

p.s. the intelligent majority keeps their collective mouth shut. How often do you see anyone over 25 joining in with any regularity?
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5220

Hakei wrote:

Rule #34 on Rule #1 please
shut the fuck up, tool
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
tldr; stop teasing war man and brad

Never gonna happen mate. Although sometimes I think shifty is an epic troll of genius proportions.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Mekstizzle wrote:

Although sometimes I think shifty is an epic troll of genius proportions.
i beg to differ Mek - shitfy is not trolling. imo he is socially deficient and trying to hard to be accepted. the 'trying to hard' part is what rails everyone.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

tldr; stop teasing war man and brad

Never gonna happen mate. Although sometimes I think shifty is an epic troll of genius proportions.
That's what i first thought when i read it.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

baggs wrote:

This isn't FM waving his dick around. There was discussion in the mod forums about this matter before this post was made.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard