0akleaves
+183|6622|Newcastle UK
my pc has died so i thought id build a new one.
Ive replaced cpu's etc before but never a full build.
Now in going to be using nothing from the old pc so unless i can use xp im goin to need everything to build a base unit including
A case fans etc.
Now my budget will be about £600 but think of more 6-800 if it makes a big difference and it will be used for gaming and web browsing spec sheets please from uk shops. Im on my phone atm i never released how much i need my pc lol
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
0akleaves
+183|6622|Newcastle UK
Come on please?
Best prebuilt pc for under £800 or the parts and guide to build one?
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Microwave
_
+515|6663|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Give me a minute
Microwave
_
https://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/jh0lt/Random/800build.jpg

Picked a mid-high end case, obviously that can change but that's the sort of stuff you'd be getting for ~£800.
0akleaves
+183|6622|Newcastle UK
Whats everyone think? Thanks mate looks spot on to me, take it thats all i need? I shall be ordering tonight unless people offer advice
Edit wait some one make one with a hdrive lol

Last edited by 0akleaves (2010-01-18 07:59:30)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black
Swap the GTX 260 for a ATi 5770 and that's a great build.

You might be able to drop the price by getting rid of the soundcard if you don't really need it and getting a cheaper case.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5970|Places 'n such
I'd look on either:
www.scan.co.uk
or
www.ebuyer.com

They tend to be cheaper...
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Microwave
_

Finray wrote:

Swap the GTX 260 for a ATi 5770 and that's a great build.

You might be able to drop the price by getting rid of the soundcard if you don't really need it and getting a cheaper case.
Oh yeah, I forgot to put in an ATI alternative. Either card will be fine.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5970|Places 'n such
https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/presidentsheep/1.jpg
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6699|Devon, England
Hard drive..?
Microwave
_

FFLink wrote:

Hard drive..?
No idea on how much space he needs. Samsung F3 or WD blue/black at whatever capacity would be suitable.
0akleaves
+183|6622|Newcastle UK
Thanks people, have ordered it, went for the 5770, 500gb hd name slips my mind but it had 5 star reviews everywhere for speed and noise. Kept most of the parts but swaped brands a little to cheaper/better reviewed stuff. Should be here by the end of the week
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

happy 1400 days, 0akleaves. maybe you'll post more with a new machine . . .
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

0akleaves wrote:

Thanks people, have ordered it, went for the 5770, 500gb hd name slips my mind but it had 5 star reviews everywhere for speed and noise. Kept most of the parts but swaped brands a little to cheaper/better reviewed stuff. Should be here by the end of the week
Nicely done. You'll enjoy that rig, it's a good one.

James, the GTX260 is a good card, although I think the 5770 is a definite choice over it. Lower power consumption, less heat, less noise, DX11, new architecture, £20 (than the one you posted), and the drivers are only going to get better. The 260 is getting old now.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
ATi > Nvidia

when it comes to price/performance

(inb4 shitstorm)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6423|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

ATi > Nvidia

(inb4 shitstorm)
I just would like to hear your argument why so? What makes slightly faster GTX 260 worse price/performance than slightly slower and hceaper HD 5770?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
0akleaves
+183|6622|Newcastle UK
To the 1400 days, ive been here a little longer with mord posts im older school and some one who never really posted unless i need too.
The rig will no doubt be up to the job as i soley play bf2 lol.
Dont start the ati/amd war ha.
Ive already cleaned the desk etc god i cant wait just hope windows is ok
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

ATi > Nvidia

(inb4 shitstorm)
I just would like to hear your argument why so? What makes slightly faster GTX 260 worse price/performance than slightly slower and hceaper HD 5770?
If you are going to buy a new PC, you should allways shovel as much on the GFX card as possible.. a new build today should have a 5850 minimum imo...
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6423|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

ATi > Nvidia

(inb4 shitstorm)
If you are going to buy a new PC, you should allways shovel as much on the GFX card as possible.. a new build today should have a 5850 minimum imo...
Don't try to avoid my question.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

here we go again x_x

Lower power consumption
Lower heat
Drivers will mature
DX11
etc.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6423|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

here we go again x_x

Lower power consumption
Lower heat
Drivers will mature
DX11
etc.
What has that to do with performance/price?
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

here we go again x_x

Lower power consumption
Lower heat
Drivers will mature
DX11
etc.
What has that to do with performance/price?
More features = better value for money?

Also, I don't recall the 260 having a HDMI port... not that important a feature but it seems to be the coming standard unless display port over takes it
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6423|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

More features = better value for money?

Also, I don't recall the 260 having a HDMI port... not that important a feature but it seems to be the coming standard unless display port over takes it
More performance now vs. promise of brighter future. Both cards are likely to get trounsed way before there is much real benefit.

Here is 260 with HDMi.
https://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1113/Gigabyte_GTX_260_SOC_connec.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

Lower power consumption
Lower heat
Drivers will mature
DX11
etc.

Finray wrote:

Lower power consumption, less heat, less noise, DX11, new architecture, £20 (than the one you posted), and the drivers are only going to get better.
In the almost the exact same order too, damn.

Last edited by Finray (2010-01-18 17:32:55)

FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Lower power consumption
Lower heat
Drivers will mature
DX11
etc.

Finray wrote:

Lower power consumption, less heat, less noise, DX11, new architecture, £20 (than the one you posted), and the drivers are only going to get better.
In the almost the exact same order too, damn.
derp

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard