Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Saying relief for earthquake-devastated Haiti must be a "top priority" for U.S. government agencies, President Barack Obama announced Thursday additional U.S. search and rescue teams and critical supplies are on the way to the Caribbean nation.
In the face of utter devastation across Haiti following a huge earthquake, conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh took to the airwaves yesterday to blast President Obama for his response to the crisis.

The disaster enables Mr. Obama to highlight his "compassionate" and "humanitarian" credentials and to "boost his credibility with the black community," Limbaugh said.

He also decried the White House's promotion of charitable organizations through which people can contribute to the disaster relief. "We've already donated to Haiti," he said. "It's called the U.S. income tax."
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/14 … 7183.shtml
Honestly I really don't give a fuck myself and have to agree with Rush. Really don't think the U.S. owes anything to Haiti and doesn't have to give them a damn thing and with our record deficit shouldn't be blowing $100 million on Haiti.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552
Is every other nation on earth also trying to boost its credentials with the black community too? lol. What a moron. Ridiculously low brow political point scoring. Criticise the level of financial and logistical aid provided when the last few bodies are being dragged out of the rubble not before the dust has even settled, and perhaps cool it with the ridiculous 'getting down with his bros' bullshit.

Edit: Surely the US aren't giving Haiti $100m? That seems ridiculous and I can't find anything to support it in the news.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-01-14 15:43:28)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5698|College Park, MD
What a fucking idiot. Was Rush just as outraged when Bush gave aid to Indonesia after the tsunami? We provided plenty of monetary and military aid there too.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
Yes, because I'm sure if somewhere like Italy was hit by a 7.0 earthquake that killed 100,000+ people, Obama wouldn't offer any aid because they're not his "bros".

Rush needs to FOAD.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

I agree that "down with the brothas" shit was/is stupid but the rest of it is sorta right/true.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
Wow, what a fucking douchebag. This is a twentieth of the aid promised to Indonesia/India/Sri Lanka a few years ago, countries on the other side of the world which have almost nothing to do with the US, was he mouthing off then?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Macbeth wrote:

I agree that "down with the brothas" shit was/is stupid but the rest of it is sorta right/true.
The US has an image to uphold. We can either be the assholes of the world, or we can be compassionate. So far we've been compassionate and it works out pretty well.

Think of all the people who choose to immigrate, legally or otherwise to this country. There are plenty of other successful, well-to-do countries but they choose to come to America.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

The US has an image to uphold. We can either be the assholes of the world, or we can be compassionate. So far we've been compassionate and it works out pretty well.

Think of all the people who choose to immigrate, legally or otherwise to this country. There are plenty of other successful, well-to-do countries but they choose to come to America.
But I want my Quarter, Nickel and three Pennies back!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

But I want my Quarter, Nickel and three Pennies back!
I lol'd at this until I realised you were absolutely correct, from a per-capita POV anyway.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

CameronPoe wrote:

Edit: Surely the US aren't giving Haiti $100m? That seems ridiculous and I can't find anything to support it in the news.
I don't see why not? People seem to be missing what a few zeros means a lot these days. $100m is nothing compared to 10 trillion+.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

If Rush consistently bitched about the ridiculous amount of waste our government is engaged in then his rants may weigh more than a grain of salt with me.  But he doesn't so it's just more of the same rantings of an old coot desperately trying to keep himself relevant.

Waaah, $100 million to help people that just had their lives crushed.  And then using that as fodder to complain about the AntiChrist Obama.  What an insensitive cocksucker.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire
I feel sorry for you Americans on here, seems like you have an inordinate amount of absolute bell-ends on your TV and radio over there. What a fucking goon.

Is there anyone on US TV or radio who is in any way objective in how they assess and discuss political news? To an outsider it just seems like everyone is either all the way to the left or all the way to the right.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Braddock wrote:

I feel sorry for you Americans on here, seems like you have an inordinate amount of absolute bell-ends on your TV and radio over there. What a fucking goon.

Is there anyone on US TV or radio who is in any way objective in how they assess and discuss political news? To an outsider it just seems like everyone is either all the way to the left or all the way to the right.
No, not really Can you blame the networks though? Most of us in the middle really don't give a shit but they can stir up the wingnuts and keep them entertained rather easily. So... they go the path of least resistance and stick to the wings where they don't have to offer anything or real substance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
NPR is decent. The Economist, while British, is also good.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

Braddock wrote:

Sure there are, they just aren't syndicated nationally.  Usually the more eccentric and extreme the host, the more followers they get.  Something like 40% of Rush's listeners don't agree with him, they just listen to increase their own rage.  Rush is an old coot, but he's good at doing what he does, which is making a lot of money to spit out trash.  The truly sorry are the ones who listen and nod with him, maybe giving out a "hell yeah" here and there.  I truly pity those people.  He's an old windbag full of hyperbole and self-righteousness.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Sure there are, they just aren't syndicated nationally.  Usually the more eccentric and extreme the host, the more followers they get.  Something like 40% of Rush's listeners don't agree with him, they just listen to increase their own rage.  Rush is an old coot, but he's good at doing what he does, which is making a lot of money to spit out trash.  The truly sorry are the ones who listen and nod with him, maybe giving out a "hell yeah" here and there.  I truly pity those people.  He's an old windbag full of hyperbole and self-righteousness.
Your leanings are showing I've only listened to him once or twice but he does have some good nuggets mixed in there with the steaming pile of rubbish. If you throw enough shit at the wall some of it will stick.

Frankly, I don't listen to any of them or watch the news because it's a bunch of trash designed to either incite or scare me. However, I'd rather listen to angry men on Fox News than the smarmy elitists populating the news rooms at msnbc or cnn that have nothing better to do than tell each other how much better they are than the slacked jawed yokels that make up the population of this country.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

What a fucking idiot. Was Rush just as outraged when Bush gave aid to Indonesia after the tsunami? We provided plenty of monetary and military aid there too.
He is a shock jock, trying to say the dumbest possible shit to his incredibly short minded and faithful viewers.

The more extreme his view point, the more attention he gets, along with $$$.

Same with Bill O'really?

Doesn't mean you have to like it. But expect people like this to spout of utter shite simply for the reaction.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

JohnG@lt wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Your leanings are showing I've only listened to him once or twice but he does have some good nuggets mixed in there with the steaming pile of rubbish. If you throw enough shit at the wall some of it will stick.

Frankly, I don't listen to any of them or watch the news because it's a bunch of trash designed to either incite or scare me. However, I'd rather listen to angry men on Fox News than the smarmy elitists populating the news rooms at msnbc or cnn that have nothing better to do than tell each other how much better they are than the slacked jawed yokels that make up the population of this country.
I don't lean dude.  Rush is an idiot.  Anyone that regurgitates his bile is considered an idiot too.  Sorry if I call it how it is, I guess the truth means I lean left

I'm not a liberal.  I'm not a conservative.  I am a human being capable of assessing each situation with logic and reason.  I don't subscribe to any political platform.  I care about the human condition - that's my lean.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I care about the human condition - that's my lean.
liberal
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

Reality has a well known liberal bias.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
The disaster enables Mr. Obama to highlight his "compassionate" and "humanitarian" credentials and to "boost his credibility with the black community," Limbaugh said.
Yawn, same as Bush and Hurricane Katrina?
These right-wing pencil heads don't miss a chance do they....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6339|California
You're an idiot Beth, and so is Rush.

CameronPoe wrote:

Is every other nation on earth also trying to boost its credentials with the black community too? lol. What a moron. ... and perhaps cool it with the ridiculous 'getting down with his bros' bullshit.

This

Btw, Beth, apparently Canada is trying to 'get down with their bros' too, eh?

See this and you wouldn't try to provide relief instead of turning a cold shoulder?

I'll if your house gets demolished and no one wants to help you

EDIT: Codes

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2010-01-14 18:24:49)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6545|San Diego, CA, USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You obviously didn't listen to his show and hear, in context, what he said.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York

Harmor wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You obviously didn't listen to his show and hear, in context, what he said.
Oh of course, Rush is just so misunderstood...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina
Rush is the kind of guy that makes me glad I'm not Republican.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard