Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

What do you guys make of this TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND router? Was thinking about getting a new one, this one I have now really isn't great. It's a Netopia 2247NWG. It's quite old now too.
Can't go wrong with TP-LINK; they just buy chips and build around them 100% according to the reference design. It's a much better concept for making cheap routers than, say, what D-Link does, creating their own design for extra cheap.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6720|Ireland | Monaghan

Freezer7Pro wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

What do you guys make of this TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND router? Was thinking about getting a new one, this one I have now really isn't great. It's a Netopia 2247NWG. It's quite old now too.
Can't go wrong with TP-LINK; they just buy chips and build around them 100% according to the reference design. It's a much better concept for making cheap routers than, say, what D-Link does, creating their own design for extra cheap.
Thank you! Might buy it then when it gets in stock! +1
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

Pick up X25-M G2 160GB for laptop? Yay or nay?

scratch that, just pulled the trigger. Fastest lappy ever

Last edited by max (2010-01-06 18:39:34)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

/win This your first SSD max? Or have your got an army of them too?
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

max wrote:

Pick up X25-M G2 160GB for laptop? Yay or nay?

scratch that, just pulled the trigger. Fastest lappy ever
Oh hell!

Now every part of your laptop will survive a drop from the fourth floor!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

/win This your first SSD max? Or have your got an army of them too?
Already have a G.Skill 128GB SSD, but it suffers from bad random write performance. Doesn't matter when you're using linux, then it's lightning fast, but for windows you sometimes get randomly lag

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Oh hell!

Now every part of your laptop will survive a drop from the fourth floor!
Muhahahahahaha!
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Holy fuck, just listened to my brother new Z-5500 speakers. The sound is brilliant. never heard anything as good
max
Vela Incident

I used to have them. Passed them down to my parents some time ago. Now I have proper speakers
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

max wrote:

I used to have them. Passed them down to my parents some time ago. Now I have proper speakers
Agreed

<3 my Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1s
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Ordered a pair of HD555's from amazon.de.

I'm all hyped up here waiting for them
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
max
Vela Incident

I have HD555s. <3 them

:p
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Holy fuck, just listened to my brother new Z-5500 speakers. The sound is brilliant. never heard anything as good
You mustn't have heard many sets of speakers.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF

Freezer7Pro wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Instead of saying: 'I'm not a big fan of them, check out XXXX for great sound quality'

You go for the sarcastic audiophile comeback

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-07 07:51:55)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5998|The Mitten
I'm excited i get to work in the studio with a pair of the Focal Be 6 Twins, along with the matching sub.
EE (hats
Shakez
+39|6169
SSDs are way to expensive. 320 GB ~ 600€
mikkel
+383|6600

CammRobb wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Instead of saying: 'I'm not a big fan of them, check out XXXX for great sound quality'

The only reason why he started jerking off to audio is that he couldn't get away with posting his sardonic replies to the topics that he previously participated in without being corrected and embarrassed. Just ignore it.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

mikkel wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

The only reason why he started jerking off to audio is that he couldn't get away with posting his sardonic replies to the topics that he previously participated in without being corrected and embarrassed. Just ignore it.
Saying that the Z-5500 are the best speakers one has ever heard is like saying that a '83 Golf is the fastest car one has ever ridden.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Saying that the Z-5500 are the best speakers one has ever heard is like saying that a '83 Golf is the fastest car one has ever ridden.
Maybe if he included "best computer speakers"...

Special_Op wrote:

SSDs are way to expensive. 320 GB ~ 600€
Some can afford a Ferrari, while others will just have to settle for a Mustang.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-01-07 09:28:34)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

Ilocano wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What separates "computer speakers" from other speakers?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

One would be range/distance, as in, a small room versus a hall.
CammRobb
Banned

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

You have your circle-jerking audiophile thread for a reason.

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-07 10:07:00)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

Ilocano wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

One would be range/distance, as in, a small room versus a hall.
Why does that make "computer speakers" any different from small near-field studio monitors?

My point is that claiming that your speakers are "computer speakers" isn't an excuse. They're speakers like all others. The only difference I could put my finger on is that they're usually just very cheap such.
CammRobb
Banned

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Here's what I just realised Freezer, he never even claimed them to be the best speakers in the world. He was making the statement that they were the best speakers he'd ever heard. So why did you go and jump on him like a total fucking tool? Just to make a point that you know loads about audio? No one gives a shit!

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-01-07 10:18:32)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

lol cant he have an opinion?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

Tech Section : srs bsns

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard