CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6619|Medford, WI

burnzz wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

because they play shit teams all year
last year Utah played Alabama. this year byu played oklahoma, utah played oregon, and boise st played, well ok fuck boise st.
byu got hosed by fl state (which was awesome) but props to Bowden for taking that game. he didn't have to.

other conferences are finding it's literally a no-win situation to play a mtn west school, because there's no bcs reward for doing it.

utah, tcu and byu are in the top 25 pretty much all year, and once again get invited to the fiesta bowl.

should change the name to "now your fucked bowl", or "NOT the national championship" bowl.
I think tcu is good but once again I thought cinci got hosed out of the natl game till I watched them just got beaten ruthlessly by tebow, that loss really hurt all outside teams hoping to get in the title game in the future
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

CosmoKramer wrote:

burnzz wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

because they play shit teams all year
last year Utah played Alabama. this year byu played oklahoma, utah played oregon, and boise st played, well ok fuck boise st.
byu got hosed by fl state (which was awesome) but props to Bowden for taking that game. he didn't have to.

other conferences are finding it's literally a no-win situation to play a mtn west school, because there's no bcs reward for doing it.

utah, tcu and byu are in the top 25 pretty much all year, and once again get invited to the fiesta bowl.

should change the name to "now your fucked bowl", or "NOT the national championship" bowl.
I think tcu is good but once again I thought cinci got hosed out of the natl game till I watched them just got beaten ruthlessly by tebow, that loss really hurt all outside teams hoping to get in the title game in the future
i still think it's bullshit that they put boise st up against tcu.

do we need a playoff? i see the same types of problems there, but i'm leaning that way.

there are 120 div I teams, why should less than 30 have the chance to play for the national championship? https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/burnzz/rolleyes.gif
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5250
$
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6619|Medford, WI

burnzz wrote:

CosmoKramer wrote:

burnzz wrote:

do we need a playoff? i see the same types of problems there, but i'm leaning that way.

there are 120 div I teams, why should less than 30 have the chance to play for the national championship? http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025 … lleyes.gif
on espn one day there were talking about how he thinks it was rigged that they put the two outside teams together, tcu and boise state together just so they wouldnt get overwhelmed if they did happen to win the championship game, they were protecting themselves by placing them together
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

CosmoKramer wrote:

burnzz wrote:

CosmoKramer wrote:

there are 120 div I teams, why should less than 30 have the chance to play for the national championship? http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025 … lleyes.gif
on espn one day there were talking about how he thinks it was rigged that they put the two outside teams together, tcu and boise state together just so they wouldnt get overwhelmed if they did happen to win the championship game, they were protecting themselves by placing them together
I think it was a BCS cop-out not to at least match up the non-BCS schools against BCS schools in the BCS bowls. Total BS, IMO, to put TCU and BSU together, as it adds nothing to the discussion--which is exactly what the BCS wants: a year without controversy. Had TCU and/or BSU played a BCS conf school in a BCS bowl and won, there would've been hell to pay regarding calls for playoffs or at least parity when it comes to bowl bids. As someone said above: $.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5250
go broncos
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

you fucker, you've never watched a game outside the SEC before in your life!
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547
Fox is horrible with college coverage.  I am pulling for bsu
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

didn't tcu beat clemson in week 3?

go horny toads
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

burnzz wrote:

go horny toads
Fuck you.

Go Broncos
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
Now that was a good game.

Boise St FTW
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

when it went to the half tied, i thought tcu would go on to win.

gg, bsu.

which leaves them undefeated . . .
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6619|Medford, WI

FEOS wrote:

CosmoKramer wrote:

burnzz wrote:

I think it was a BCS cop-out not to at least match up the non-BCS schools against BCS schools in the BCS bowls. Total BS, IMO, to put TCU and BSU together, as it adds nothing to the discussion--which is exactly what the BCS wants: a year without controversy. Had TCU and/or BSU played a BCS conf school in a BCS bowl and won, there would've been hell to pay regarding calls for playoffs or at least parity when it comes to bowl bids. As someone said above: $.
yep my point exactly, cause now we have no idea if bsu was really that good, or if they were both just mediocre teams, and bsu was slightly better
pilebomb
+8|6119
Not a bad bowl season for the Big Ten for a change. Yay.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5250
too bad the regular season is what matters
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6619|Medford, WI

pilebomb wrote:

Not a bad bowl season for the Big Ten for a change. Yay.
they did very good, im so excited for next year, wisconsin is only losing 3 defensive players, and a te, but thats it! plus my friend who I got to play with last year in highschool will actually get to play, he got defensive scout player of the year as a freshman
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547

burnzz wrote:

go horny toads
Yes they did  14 - 10.  Probable why I was going against them.  Good game any way.

Alabama is going to blow the doors off of Texas.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547
Alright, Colt is out hurt in the first 5 minutes and Alabama needs to take their head out of their ass
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

Scratch[USA] wrote:

lol'd

I don't know why everyone thinks the SEC is so fucking superior. It's sickening. Media for you.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

isn't it 7-0, texas right now? maybe 'bama's giving them a head start . . .
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5250
you guys should be up 14-0. too bad youre going against the best d in the country and your best player is injured. not gonna be pretty
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547

Bevo wrote:

Scratch[USA] wrote:

lol'd

I don't know why everyone thinks the SEC is so fucking superior. It's sickening. Media for you.
Not an SEC thing . . . I hate the SEC.  I just feel that Alabama is the better team.  If they don't prove it on the field then it is their (Alabama) own fault
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

you guys should be up 14-0. too bad youre going against the best d in the country and your best player is injured. not gonna be pretty
it'll be interesting. gilbert has a cannon like no other but he's not so comfortable it seems
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5978|Blue Mountain State
mccoy is out. fuck
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5250
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard