Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida
My mom is in the hospital, she doesn't have very long. In the few weeks past her cancer returned, and its a combination of that and an infection. they say shes not going to make it.

im going up tomorrow. i dont know what to say. i've never said goodbye to someone like this before

i dont even know if i can do it
15 more years! 15 more years!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

Well she's having to go through much worse Mitch. Imagine how she feels having to say goodbye to you.

Just be there for her. You'll know what to say when you see her.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida

AussieReaper wrote:

You'll know what to say when you see her.
another friend told me this also
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6233|Brisneyland
So sorry Mitch.
Tell her you love her and that she was a great mum. Tell her that you couldnt have a better mother.
Again, So sorry to hear about this.
Take care mate.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6753|Reality

Burwhale wrote:

So sorry Mitch.
Tell her you love her and that she was a great mum. Tell her that you couldnt have a better mother.
Again, So sorry to hear about this.
Take care mate.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6726
So sorry to hear about your situation.
I would spend as much time with her as you can
and tell her how you feel.

She will always be with you
on Earth or in Heaven.

I will say a prayer for your Mom and your family for peace and strength.
Love is the answer
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6605|Toronto-Canada
this sad news for you, Mitch
I would be really depressed and sadness if I was in your position.
I think what moms appreciate from their sons is that they have made everything to make you happy and tell how precious she is for you.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
Yeah you'll know the words. I had the same thing with my grandad a few years ago, and it was painful as shit. keep your family close, and treasure your time left.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Benzin
+576|6009
Everything that could be said has been said here. Good luck to you, Mitch. Got a prayer from me.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5484|Ventura, California
Very sorry to hear about this Mitch. I'll pray for you and your family. Take care, good luck!

(Man I remember when a really close friend past away, it was all sudden like and she was feeling fine when she called me to talk just 10 hours before she died, good thing we didn't fight.)
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6378|Netherlands

Best of luck in this situation, Mitch. I can only imagine how hard this must be on you.

Just make sure you're there for her and tell her anything you want to have said.
Tankbuster=44=
+18|5479|Scotland
Sorry to hear about this mate. I can't imagine what you're going through.

I dont know what to say except be there for her and be strong for her and your family.

Again so sorry to hear about this man. I'll pray for you, your mother and your family.

Take care mate.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

MItch, that's fucking awful, I'm so sorry to hear that. No one should have to be put through something like this with their parents when they're so young. As most people have said, I really couldn't tell you what to say, I guess you'll just figure it out when you're there. Just spend as much time as possible with her.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6421|'Murka

I'm so, so sorry for you brother. No words can possibly help you deal with what you must deal with.

But you must deal with it. For her. For you. For your family.

She needs to know you love her. That your memories of her will be full of love and happiness. Not of pain or regret.

Help her to pass as much as anything else. Help put her mind at ease and it will help you as well.

Now turn off your computer and don't come back until you're done dealing with this. We'll be here later...but her time is far more precious.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida
I spent most of the day there yesterday, when i first walked into the room and saw her i instantly wanted to break down. She looked as if she aged by a few decades. I almost didn't recognise her. She has moments of clarity that last about 5 seconds, but most of her time is awake, but confused/dreamy.

What i did learn however, is that right now its a Utrack infection thats causing her to be in this condition, not the cancer yet. So if they have some luck, and can get rid of the infection, they may be able to get more time. Right now the confusion and haze is being caused by amonia levels in her brain (effects of cancer not worth getting into) so hopefully the medicine they're giving her will remove that, and help her come back to reality.

Yesterday i couldn't compose myself but today is easier.
13rin
+977|6489
Stay strong.  I feel for ya.  Just be there for her.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6691|Disaster Free Zone
Just be there.

No need to say anything, no need for prepared speeches or goodbyes. Just be there.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6457|Boulder, CO

DrunkFace wrote:

Just be there.

No need to say anything, no need for prepared speeches or goodbyes. Just be there.
I know it seems emotionless to just quote someone else but DF post shows my exact sentiments.

Truly sorry for all this aweful business, I don't think I would be able to cope at all. Just stay strong and remember how much you love her.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5798|Catherine Black
Fuck.

I have no idea, the only people I've lost were my Grandad, I was pretty young, so I didn't see him, and my Gran, I was told after she died.

I have no idea. Try to keep her happy. Perhaps don't say goodbye, say you'll see her soon, depends on what she/you believe tbh.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6670|The darkside of Denver
I've been In this situation. Everyone has given good advice. Just being there is all you need to do. Trust me,you'll know when it's time to say what needs to be said, let you heart do the speaking.
BVC
+325|6706
Just do all you can to make sure her last days are filled with happiness.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida
January 7th, 2010. At about 9:08 PM. My mom passed away. Myself, her brother, sister, and husband where around her, talking to her, holding her hand. Telling her she's so loved, and that she's the best.

I held strong when i needed to. Something kept me strong in the final moments when i had to be. The other 3 were crying but i just kept calm and talked to her in a strong calm voice. Im glad i could do this.

I just hope its true what i've read, that the brain floods with endorphins right before death. I hope thats true, and i hope it caused her to feel happiness. As big of an atheist as i am, i don't believe there's a heaven, but i sure hope there's a heaven. I would love to be wrong.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6140|Carnoustie MASSIF

Mitch wrote:

January 7th, 2010. At about 9:08 PM. My mom passed away. Myself, her brother, sister, and husband where around her, talking to her, holding her hand. Telling her she's so loved, and that she's the best.

I held strong when i needed to. Something kept me strong in the final moments when i had to be. The other 3 were crying but i just kept calm and talked to her in a strong calm voice. Im glad i could do this.

I just hope its true what i've read, that the brain floods with endorphins right before death. I hope thats true, and i hope it caused her to feel happiness. As big of an atheist as i am, i don't believe there's a heaven, but i sure hope there's a heaven. I would love to be wrong.
I'm very sorry for your loss Mitch. I hope you deal with it well. I know it's not easy, bereavement, but you stay strong and get through it.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655

Mitch wrote:

yeah may she R.I.P.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6578|Mountains of NC

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.” - James Earl Jones
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard