nayo450
+-1|6804
i must have missed that day, i thought that the m203 was intended for anti-materal action kind'a like the m95
BF2dude
+1|6787
I agree that the GL can be a hard weapon to master, especially at long distances. I dont really have a problem with people that use it the way it was intended. Like how Whatnot killed those to guys capturing that flag in his screenshot. The thing that pisses me off is when you are trying to take a flag and all of a sudden you have a grenade shot in your face from a guy standing 4 feet away from you.  Thats not the purpose that weapon was designed for. It was designed so you can shoot a grenade long distances and not have to get close the the enemy to use you're gun on him or a hand grenade. The vast majority of BF2 palyers use it the wrong way because the design of the game lets them. If everybody used the grenade launcher the correct way I would not have any problem with it.

Last edited by BF2dude (2005-10-14 16:42:56)

McPwned
Canadian Ops
+0|6854|Canada
Newbies, I can understand, but I've come across skilled, high-ranking players who just "noob tube" for the entire game (mostly just in Karkand).  It just makes me mad that they can't have just a little more fun at the expense of a few points.  =/
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6792

it occured to me that those using the "noob tube" are not noobs at all!  the m203 is a powerful weapon and more and more experianced players are starting to use it because it works.  why not take advantage of a good weapon if it is there?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra
Does anyone play this game for a job?????......NO you buy it cause its fun!!!!!!
and its fun to lob a grenade 100mtrs and kill someone who has spent the last 3 clips trying to hit your foot as its all they can see!!

there is way to much sooking and crying over this game........wah i got killed by a black hawk full of guys and i cant fly them good..........boo hoo i got killed 6 times at karkand by the same guy in a tank.........please can i have some tissues to wipe my tears becuase everytime i get in a plane the same guy out flys me and smokes me  .......and mummy i need a hug i just spawned at the uncapable usmc base  at karkand then some guy stole "my" apc then i had to run all the way into town and i was nearly there then i got fed a grenade sandwich for lunch!!!!!

please, enough is enough just play the game and if you get smashed who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6792

I agree with heart attack!  But as someone pointed out before, this is the section for complaining:)
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6782
Well i don't complain about tanks and apcs and i find it easier to avoid them than when i am confronted from 2 ft away by a grenade launcher and he is willing to kill himself to kill me.  I don't have a problem with long range grenade shots cause atleast it takes skill.  This is a complaining section so i am complaining about the grenade launcher and i do adapt and deal with it because i have to, I just feel the game would be more enjoyable without them.  This complaint is for ppl who use them 24/7 and have no skill with guns not for som1 like heart attack who probably uses the grenade launcher sparingly.  And about what Superfly said, most ppl who use the grenade launcher 24/7 either suck with guns or are pretty good with them, but i rather be great with guns and kill the ppl who are equipped with the "noob tubes".

Last edited by Deathsc-O-pe[CoD] (2005-10-16 12:18:12)

Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6782
I totally agree with BF2dude and in response to heart attack u have to suck ass to have to waste 3 clips on som1 (and i know you mean other ppl other than yourself, i was not directing the comment at u),obviously they r stupid if they don't try to get closer if they can only see ur foot.  I have picked up an enemy gun before and they only have one clip and i look at the scoreboard and they have no kills and i wonder how they could do that.

Last edited by Deathsc-O-pe[CoD] (2005-10-16 12:16:47)

McCullough
+7|6849
I find the m203/GP-30/25 quite useless in CC, if you miss you're dead so why risk it? I use it if i want to blow upp mines/vehicles/snipers in cranes/ or when clearing a CP.
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6782
i never said it was stupid, but you use the glauncher in practicical situations, except u can shoot through the crane and hit the sniper, u could pistol him from beneath and the bullets will go throuth and kill him and u can clear cps with ur gun but the launcher works too i guess, vehicles r fine targets with ur launcher ,but i wasn't aware u could destroy mines with glaunchers is this possible?
Mad dawg
+0|6780
I dont know. But i always use the granade launcher when i want to get a lot of points in a round. its good cause u dont lose any health when ur running around with it. U see a guy U POP HIM. well yea. its a good weapon to use. And the funny part is in karkand the MEC team SETS THEMSELFS UP FOR A NOOBIN. They put all there med packs and ammo packs in that one closed in section so all u have to do is run in there and ur like unbeatable. just run around and keep getting heath and amo. THINK GUYS. DONT LET THEM DO THAT. DONT BE STUPID. Just laying packs around everywhere u go doesnt help ur team always. so if u get noobed by a launcher noob most likely its ur teams fault.
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6782

atlvolunteer wrote:

MY biggest complaint is that they don't have a minimum range.  They should not arm until they have traveled a certain distance (like the real M203).
If what atlvolunteer says is true then it should definitly be changed in this way.  If they made it  like the real m203 as atlvolunteer says then i'd be fine with it because i am fine with getting hit long range(atleast i can get away from it) but 5ft away is silly and what really pisses me off is when the GL user kills himself too , when it is perfectly possible for him to switch to his gun or knife my ass.  I don't think any1 should have a problem with making the GL like the real ones, that's a good compromise i think.
TennSniper
+0|6791
I feel that if there is a large group of the enemy in one little space, then you should take your shot, but at a distance.  People that use the grenade launcher constantly, really become a pain in the neck.  THe grenade launcher is meant for taking out targets at distances, not from two feet away.

[img]http://bf2s.com/player/tennsniper/[/img]
nayo450
+-1|6804
or better splashdamage calculations.
dan500
+57|6858
If im in a sever with a load of people that use it and bunny hop, then i will use it and bunny hop, see how they like it
HoOCabbage
+0|6783

atlvolunteer wrote:

MY biggest complaint is that they don't have a minimum range.  They should not arm until they have traveled a certain distance (like the real M203).
That would make it more "realistic" and less abused.  I only use it to clear out places I can't get to or to make someone duck behind cover while I move.
FreeFrag
+0|6778
WTH is wrong with u guys....The game should be as close to RL as possible and if u see yourself 5 meters from a GL u should be dead like u would be in RL. And about the aim lol.. if u cant aim u cant hit with the GL anyway, but i rather use the rifle instead of the GL because of the splash damage put if u decide to chance weapon u are prolly dead because of the slow weapon chance.
If something should be fixed it should be the choppers and mig's. A mig can take a direct hit from a Tank and nothing happends same with the choppers. Both got Air to ground missiles and can kill a tank easy with 1 shot or with bombs.
5N1P3R
+1|6778
i dont think there is anything wrong with using the GL, it is a valuable weapon. I use it often at a medium range when i would normally use half a clip trying to hit him as he runs away. I also like to use it when someone is in my face dancing around me, it is hard to get a clear shot and so instead i will take out the GL and just aim at his feet, yes it may be a bit cheap, but this is part of the game, next time get out of my face
SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6827|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
I don't mind people using the GL. That's what it's there for. However, people who use ONLY the GL for 90% of thier kills and the "bunny-tubers" need to get bent. Thnx!
nayo450
+-1|6804
well what a bout occational duds? gl'r pulls the triger *click* ? *click* oh cra....
or even better *click* BOOM what the? gl'r [is no more]
divided
Clear!
+3|6784
I think it's pretty funny when they try to kill me with the m203/gp-30/gp-25, and end up killing themselves and not hurting me.  Yesterday someone tried to grenade launcher me and he ended up killing himself and 4 teammates, not even scratching me.  He was banned from the server .

Personally, I get a lot more kills with the G3 opposed to the grenade launcher.  I learned how to use it earlier today, and I think it's a great weapon.
thunderpuss
+0|6781

FreeFrag wrote:

WTH is wrong with u guys....The game should be as close to RL as possible and if u see yourself 5 meters from a GL u should be dead like u would be in RL. And about the aim lol.. if u cant aim u cant hit with the GL anyway, but i rather use the rifle instead of the GL because of the splash damage put if u decide to chance weapon u are prolly dead because of the slow weapon chance.
If something should be fixed it should be the choppers and mig's. A mig can take a direct hit from a Tank and nothing happends same with the choppers. Both got Air to ground missiles and can kill a tank easy with 1 shot or with bombs.
If it was as close to real life as possible your enemy wouldn't even think about using a grenade launcher from 5 meters away as it wouldn't only kill you but it would kill him too.  But it doesn't in the game, the fragmentation from the grenade magically stop traveling about 4-5 meters away from the grenades explotion.  The crappy part is that people abuse this and it makes the game frustrating at times and ruins any realistic feel it had.  The GL is only a problem on the smaller maps where the combat is always very close.  Just again today I turned the corner at the "death hall" in karkand to meet an USMC soldier toting his M203, I was literally within arms reach and he simply jumped backwards shot his 203 into my feet and went on his way unscathed.  I just have a hard time invisualizing someone in real life trying to use the GL as a short range weapon, and i at least want the justification that if hes going to do that he should die too.  But more often than not I don't get that justification and he just goes on to go shoot someone else from 5 feet away with his GL.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6805|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Ok, here is my thought on it.  If you all think the game is gay with it, they why would EA put it in there and not just a M16A2 like the medic and give the Assault something else to use.   In Real life for us military folk that thing comes in real handy in a tight spot.  I wonder how many lives were saved because a fellow soldier had a M203 attached to his 16.  The M203 is there for a purpose just like GP-30.  If you think the Noobs are stupid for using it then try looking at how useful it will be to getting your veteran assault and expert.  They use it because some guys get away with cheating in the game.  That is why it is a handy device.  If it is so stupid to have why is it in the game then?  I  use other kits more then I do the Assault with the M203 and do pretty well.   I use it when I need to get to a flag and I see a whole bunch of guys that just killed me coming to the flag I was defending.  And if you have never shot one like I have or other fellow soldiers then why don't you go to Basic and then see how nice of a weapon it is.
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6782
Yeah but read thunderpuss's reply Stenzel, no US soldier is going to endanger his friends and himself by using his GL at 5ft away that's just madness.   He makes an excellent point , u'd be dead if u tried that shit in real life not to mention a dumbass ,so they should make it more realistic in this way.  I have no big problem with long range GL usage i just don't like the unrealistic aspect of it.  Not only is the fact that he can go unscratched absured ,but the fact that he can jump over ur head like he is in the olympics with all that heavy gear.
dsb
+0|6788

Aus heart attack wrote:

Does anyone play this game for a job?????......NO you buy it cause its fun!!!!!!
and its fun to lob a grenade 100mtrs and kill someone who has spent the last 3 clips trying to hit your foot as its all they can see!!

there is way to much sooking and crying over this game........wah i got killed by a black hawk full of guys and i cant fly them good..........boo hoo i got killed 6 times at karkand by the same guy in a tank.........please can i have some tissues to wipe my tears becuase everytime i get in a plane the same guy out flys me and smokes me  .......and mummy i need a hug i just spawned at the uncapable usmc base  at karkand then some guy stole "my" apc then i had to run all the way into town and i was nearly there then i got fed a grenade sandwich for lunch!!!!!

please, enough is enough just play the game and if you get smashed who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFAO!!!

Classic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard