HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5455|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Battlefield Heroes Review - GameTrailers
GameTrailers posted up a video review of Battlefield Heroes giving it a 7.8 / 10.

https://i26.tinypic.com/hwyc5k.png
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

it seems okay, but it doesn't run well on my computer, all i get is a black screen when i try to play

found a black screen fix, tried that; it runs, but lags to about 2-3 FPS

i shall wait until it fixes (if it fixes)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
Turn off rocket dock if you want to play Heroes, it gave me tons of problems
HaiBai
Battlefield Heroes Technical Update Released
The Battlefield Heroes released a new update today dubbed the "technical update" fixing a number of issues such as joining friends and fixing exploits.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Heroes!

These are some of the big fixes and additions that were added in today's technical update.

- We know joining a friends game in Heroes can be somewhat tricky. We’ve been working on a new feature to help improve this for you. Now, when you attempt to join a friend who’s game is full, you will be added to a queue to join automatically when a space comes up.

- We hate cheaters and hackers as much as you do. With this update we’ve implemented some new things to make their life MUCH harder.

- Quite a few of you have been experiencing “Error 15”. For the vast majority of the unlucky this should have now gone away.

While we’ve been working on this technical update, we’ve also been hard at work on a whole new content update. More on what you will find in that very soon!

Here’s the update list in full:

• Feature: Added support for queuing when trying to join a friend or a bookmarked server
  • Exploit Fix: Fixed an issue that permitted a number of exploits and cheats being used by players.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue that was causing error 15 in a large number of servers
  • Bug Fix: The game will update/patch properly now, even if you have updated your version of PunkBuster manually
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with banner ads not appearing correctly
  • Bug Fix: Bookmarked Servers should now correctly display online/offline status
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a number of bugs related to VIP system
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a number of server side crashes
  • Bug Fix: Added text strings that were missing

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BattlefieldHeroes.com
HaiBai
Gamers Spending More on Free-to-Play Games
GameIndustry.biz posted an article on how a recent survey showed more people spending money on free-to-play games, like Battlefield Heroes, than MMOs and social networks. The average Battlefield Heroes player spends about $20 in-game.

Free-to-play games take more in digital revenue than any other genre of game, followed by MMOs and social network games, according to a recent survey.

58 per cent of respondents had spent money in free-to-play games such as EA's Battlefield Heroes over the last 12 months, say the results, while 34 per cent had forked out in an MMO and 23 per cent on a social network.

Free-to-play games were also found to be enjoying the highest spend of all of the genres, with the median average expenditure coming out at USD 75, followed by MMOs at USD 60 and social networks at USD 50.

The average respondent to the VGMarket survey, which quizzed users of the PlaySpan Marketplace, Spare Change and Ultimate Game Card, reported they were currently playing three online games. 80 per cent said they bought digital goods for their own use and 20 per cent said they purchased them as gifts.

Following behind the most popular three genres for digital spending were PC online, on which 12 per cent had spent money, console online with nine per cent, and casual games also with nine per cent. Read the rest...

HaiBai
IGN Partnering with EA for Battlefield Heroes Advertising
IGN announced today they are partnering with EA to handle all the in-game and online advertising for Battlefield Heroes.

IGN Entertainment Selected as Exclusive North American Media Sales Partner for EA's Play 4 Free Game, Battlefield Heroes

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- IGN Entertainment today announced an exclusive North American third-party advertising partnership with Electronic Arts Inc., (Nasdaq: ERTS - News) for Battlefield Heroes. Under the terms of the partnership, IGN will serve as the exclusive sales partner for all in-game brand integration and online advertising for EA's web-based, free-to-download, free-to-play arcade shooter.

The partnership represents the latest move of both companies to create breakthrough solutions for marketers and underscores IGN's strength and proven track record in serving the gaming community.

"Innovators like EA and IGN are moving beyond standard banners and buttons to in-game items and online community events that impact consumers in unique ways," said Charlie Barrett, SVP Sales IGN Entertainment. "Free-to-download games are an important area of growth for both gaming and media, and we're excited to be leading new developments in this area."

"We're delighted to partner with IGN for Battlefield Heroes. EA continues to provide consumers with the world's richest and most compelling online entertainment while offering marketers the opportunity to engage with EA's audience through integrated, meaningful and interactive in-game placements," said Elizabeth Harz, SVP Global Media Sales, Electronic Arts.

Battlefield Heroes offers advertisers a variety of opportunities for engaging brand integration and marketing, including strong community networking capabilities, high accessibility and creative elements that can be continually changed or refreshed.

As a unique online arcade shooter, Battlefield Heroes offers players infinite character customizations as they create their hero before heading into battle across four intense maps. The game features a non-traditional third-person camera view so players can admire their one-of-a-kind hero while taking out the enemy. It also features a built-in matchmaking system to ensure that each gamer in the 16-player matches is of equal skill and paired together for fair play.

Battlefield Heroes is now live in open beta and has welcomed tens of thousands of new players daily. Players can register for the game at www.battlefieldheroes.com.

HaiBai
Battlefield Heroes Fall Update Preview
The Battlefield Heroes blog posted a preview for a large update they plan to release this Fall. The update includes a number of changes to the Gunner class and friends list as well as the introduction of ranks.

https://i33.tinypic.com/23w1ddv.jpg

Heroes of the Fall - Chapter I
Heroes of the Fall - Chapter II
HaiBai
Battlefield Heroes Hits 2 Million Registered Players
EA announced today that Battlefield Heroes has hit 2 million players, and to celebrate are releasing the Fall update on September 30th.

Battlefield Heroes Hits 2 Million Registered Players

Community Celebrates with ‘Heroes of the Fall’ Update and All-New Map

https://i33.tinypic.com/e1ew45.jpg

https://i36.tinypic.com/2qdzcsj.jpg

STOCKHOLM - Soldiers, we salute you! Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that Battlefield Heroes™, the hit Play4Free third-person shooter has recruited two million registered players. With endless hours of signature Battlefield sandbox action, Battlefield Heroes is EA’s latest web-based free to download, free to play title which generates revenue through advertising and in-game item sales. To celebrate this milestone, on September 30, EA will release a free ‘Heroes of the Fall’ update for the game, including a brand new map.

Set against the backdrop of autumn colors, the new map will be infantry-focused and set in a village with dozens of intersecting canals. Intense battles will play out on the bridges and crossings, while sneaky players can use the alleyways and channels to move unnoticed for sudden flanking maneuvers and rear-guard actions.

Starting today, EA is accepting proposed names for the new map at http://www.battlefieldheroes.com. Players can submit a proposed name for the soon-to-be released map, and that name may be selected by the Battlefield Heroes development team.

“Along with this new map, ‘Heroes of the Fall’ includes a slew of changes including upgrades of the Gunner class and improvements to the friends system,” said Ben Cousins, General Manager, Battlefield Heroes team. “We’ve also added a brand new ranking system for the game – players can earn cool new titles for their heroes as they play – showing everyone on the battlefield how dedicated they are.”

Battlefield Heroes is offered completely for free*. With its fun cartoon-style graphics, customized matchmaking and non-stop action, the game caters to players of all skill levels.

Players can quickly download and easily launch the game from http://www.battlefieldheroes.com. Before going into battle, gamers can create a number of personalized characters. Battlefield Heroes features a non-traditional third-person camera view so players can admire their one-of-a-kind hero while taking out the enemy. Character customisation items are available for Valor Points (points earned by playing the game) or with Battlefunds (a fictional currency bought with a credit card, PayPal or other methods) so players can update or change their hero’s style at any time.

HaiBai
Battlefield Heroes Fall Update Released
The previously announced Battlefield Heroes Fall update was released today. The changelog can be found below.

Hello Heroes!

Here is a list of all the changes and fixes that are included in the newest Update - Heroes of the Fall.

General Changes

• A New Map! "Riverside Rush"
  • New Items and bundles
  • End Of Round Screen now shows your Total HP, VP, BF and XP!
  • You will now get Assist Kill credit for kills you were a large part of, but where you didn't do the final damage
  • Added a new system for selecting server locales for situations where ping failed. Now you can set your region on the update profile on the website. Should fix lag problems for quite some people
  • You now gain titles starting at level 10, your title appears in the nametag and on your profile on the web
  • When you receive health or repair a vehicle, the HUD will now tell you how much on the icons themselves
  • Vehicle vs. vehicle collision should now feel better
  • Removed fire delay when entering a tank
  • Tweaked the nametags a bit so they should be more readable and appear in more natural situations
  • Piercing Shot no longer allows for critical hits
  • Hero Shield is now shared with nearby friends
  • Frenzy now returns some health to the wielder
  • Keg explosion now slows its victims
Game Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes vehicles would not spawn properly
  • Fixed a black screen issue when you attempted to join a friend or bookmark on a different version
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes the vehicles would not explode properly
  • Fixes a crash with related to Character Names
  • Fixed a bug that caused grenade spam to disappear if you switched too quickly to Burning Bullets
  • Fixed a bug where a kill from troop trap gave the wrong message
  • Fixed a ton of Text bugs
  • Fixed a camera bug that allowed for view inside buildings
  • Fixed a bug with Emotes, allowing you to use emotes you were not supposed to
  • Fixed a HUD bug, where text would appear in wrong colours
  • Fixed a bug that caused you to auto reload, even though you had it turned off

Full Changelog

HaiBai
New Battlefield Heroes Map in Testing
Battlefield Heroes is introducing a new map on the Public Testing Enviroment. They are looking for feedback, so jump in game and give it a whirl.

There is a new map for you to try out on the PTE! Some might call it "Epicly Awesome Sauce with chocolate epic sprinkles!"

Keep in mind it is not finished yet - this is why we want your feedback!

BattlefieldHeroes.com
HaiBai
IGN 2009 Game of the Year Award Nominees
IGN posted their nominees for game of the year. Battlefield 1943 is nominated under best shooter for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 as well as best Xbox Live arcade game. Battlefield Heroes is nominated for best free to play MMO game.

https://i47.tinypic.com/2585bmt.jpg

Xbox 360

Best Shooter
Battlefield 1943
Borderlands
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Halo 3: ODST
Left 4 Dead 2

Best Xbox Live Arcade Game
Battlefield 1943
Peggle
Shadow Complex
Splosion Man
Trials HD

Playstation 3

Best Shooter
Battlefield 1943
Borderlands
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Killzone 2
Red Faction: Guerrilla

Free to Play

Best Free-to-Play MMO Game
Battlefield Heroes
Free Realms
Quake Live

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241
Battlefield Heroes doesn't deserve to win best anything.

Except perhaps 'Best Example on how not to make an online shooter'.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard