venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
So i installed Win7 64 Ultimate and two games what i actually play or just played (Cod WaW and BF2).

First of all when i load up my Cod WaW and i check for servers for example i get one with a ping of 40. After i join i have a ping of 80-90 and i have a little lag whats enough to drive me nutz. Its the same if it shows a server ping of 80 after i get in i have 160-170 and lag. Any idea what could cause this? I never had anything like this before.

I checked nearly everything, but didnt found a solution.

And yes BF2 is not even runnin. After clicking on the icon i get a black screen and it pops me back to the desktop.
So i really should install XP again as nothing works with Win7?

Thank you!
venom6
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
You got your network drivers fully installed and updated?

Win7 has worked fine for me for months, I've had no unusual ping problems.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black
Both WaW and BF2 work on Windows 7.

No idea about your problems though.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary

FFLink wrote:

You got your network drivers fully installed and updated?

Win7 has worked fine for me for months, I've had no unusual ping problems.
I have a router and after i installed Win7 it also set my internet. I really liked that it was automatic

Maybe one thing, but im not sure that could be. After my system went nutz i decided to install Win7 and as i booted from the disc it said there is an XP on your system. He installed himself and put XP into a folder what i deleted later. Some people said that i should have make a format c before.
Could this cause my game problems? Or at least ping problems?

About BF2 i updated PB and i checked to compability thing what i saw in some videos on youtube. Nothing worked out
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6353|Troy, New York
Check your ports. I was having a similar problem with COD4 (50 ping in other games, 200+ in COD) and after opening the ports Im back to good ping.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
I will try it a bit later. Thx!

Now i can run BF2 as i found out that you need to install 1.41 and then 1.5 so it works!

Last edited by venom6 (2009-12-12 07:23:51)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard