TheEvilCubivore
+1|6593
Its very very rare that a sniper is useful.

Yeah, your real useful killing that PKM camper, oh wait, that assault guy simply noob tubed him 10 seconds ago.

DUH!

Oh, they're trying to take the flag!

*kills one guy*

*other people hide and capture the flag*

Awww

Honestly, Sniper kit is completely useless unless everyone travels by themselves traveling in straight lines in the open field with no cover. All you have to do is learn where snipers hide and travel sideways to them using the cover.

Its fun to play the class sometimes

Going in the hotel building in the stairs and hiding in the shadows killing those idiot snipers that stick they're heads out in the construction site is fun though.

Tne best is when one sees you, and ducks, and tries to move out of your scope, but the moron dosen't realize his name is still being displayed

Not to mention you can be spotted instantaneously from any range.

One time some guy took a shot on the crane from the MEC spawn and he was instantly TOWed, the fool never saw it, XD. Then it happened to me when I was the sniper

I saw that TOW damnit and dodged it. Damn lag.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6780|Golden, CO

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Honestly, Sniper kit is completely useless unless everyone travels by themselves traveling in straight lines in the open field with no cover. All you have to do is learn where snipers hide and travel sideways to them using the cover.
If that's the only way you can hit people than yes you shouldn't play as a Sniper.  A good sniper won't be seen and can take out that squad capping the flag.  Your job as a sniper is the cause confusion and take out any infantry you see.  When people in your squad start getting hit by a sniper do you just continue on normally?  No, you try to find the sniper to kill him.  That's one of the sniper's best weapons, confusion and fear.  Also, repeatedly getting sniped really pisses people off, which can degrade their playing ability and score.  A sniper can strategically hold down pathways by being a good shot and using claymores effectively.
Bidasse_Jason
+5|6749
Now you only have 2 claymores as sniper. It can defend flags effectively against lone wolfs but won't work against a squad with medics.
However it will surely slow them down.

Sniper is definitely a fun class. Getting behind ennemy lines without being seen, finding good spots, killing those campers on roofs, cranes, etc...
dont_be_ss
+312|6601|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
i agree deject, i pissed someone off so much today they did a kick vote on me but when it was unsuccesful he disconnected, lol.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6704
https://x402.putfile.com/4/10616290130-thumb.jpg

https://x402.putfile.com/4/1061628189-thumb.jpg

https://x402.putfile.com/4/10616253322-thumb.jpg

Yeah about that....uhmmm, no
RabidCanadianMoose
+2|6646
40:20 isn't THAT good

Going assault with the sniper works best when the enemy likes to dive on the ground and fire. This means they aren't moving and their head isn't moving.

Yesterday I was on the hill defending the American gas station on Mashtuur. I put one claymore on the gas barrel by the flag and another by the spawn point around the corner. That way, if they get the flag, someone will still die.

A jeep comes in with 4 guys. I fire at the bigger gas tank (the white one) as it drove by so it made the vodnik start smoking. Three guys hop out and the gunner blasts away at my allies running around. The ppshhh sound of the L96A1 makes him slump over the .50 cal. One guy run too close to the claymore on the gas barrel and explodes. Someone takes the vodnik and drives it up to the flag. The two left are snipers looking around. Bang and one is dead. The last one hides behind the vodnik searching left and right but his feet don't move. One shot to his feet killed him.

It was great
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6704

RabidCanadianMoose wrote:

40:20 isn't THAT good

Going assault with the sniper works best when the enemy likes to dive on the ground and fire. This means they aren't moving and their head isn't moving.

Yesterday I was on the hill defending the American gas station on Mashtuur. I put one claymore on the gas barrel by the flag and another by the spawn point around the corner. That way, if they get the flag, someone will still die.

A jeep comes in with 4 guys. I fire at the bigger gas tank (the white one) as it drove by so it made the vodnik start smoking. Three guys hop out and the gunner blasts away at my allies running around. The ppshhh sound of the L96A1 makes him slump over the .50 cal. One guy run too close to the claymore on the gas barrel and explodes. Someone takes the vodnik and drives it up to the flag. The two left are snipers looking around. Bang and one is dead. The last one hides behind the vodnik searching left and right but his feet don't move. One shot to his feet killed him.

It was great
Hey man, its tough to find cover when the other team has all your apcs and tanks. Yeah 40:20 isn't the best, the point i was trying to convery was that I scored the most points total by pure groudpounding sniping and not with whimpy armor whoring
IronFerret
+48|6664|Mexico City.
my original acount Einstein:

http://bf2s.com/player/62777075/

if i follow you logic you got owned gunnery.. LOL
LiquidSnake(fin)
+0|6661|Finland
Sniper kit is not useles. It only takes lot patience and skill (thats all you need). I dont say that i am good in sniping. But  i think that i was very usefull, when a teammate was reloading his gun and enemy jumped next to him and was going to knife him --> so i headshotted the enemy.

Sorry about my english, i wish that all understands what i try to say
12inchnick
+17|6638
With the SVD I can cap flags, and protect them with claymores. I have the advantage on medium range as one shot to a prone infantry will take them out. Short range I have learned to utilize gernades to give me a chance to back up to ideal SVD range.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6714|NL
I think it should be more fun/usefull kit if they removed you from the uav and commander scan when you lay down. THAT (WOULD BE/) IS REAL SNIPING!
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6591|Vic, Australia

Poncho wrote:

I think it should be more fun/usefull kit if they removed you from the uav and commander scan when you lay down. THAT (WOULD BE/) IS REAL SNIPING!
------------------------------------------------------
Well only from UAV cause that uses visual detection the scan is..... well i have no idea but it would add realisim and reduce the ammount of times snipers get ambushed by a "cqc friendly" kit
dont_be_ss
+312|6601|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
yeah i agree with you there, how can a overhead satelite see someone who is in a building?
Redratson
+2|6599

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

There are no weaks classes. There are only waek players.
Very true
dankassasin42o
+68|6686|Reefersyde, CA

IronFerret wrote:

I dont want to ofense nobody.. but what do you think of that? i grab this video from another topic:

http://media.putfile.com/Rooftop-Camping-PKM-Style

there it goes with the pkm you have ARMOR+UNLIMITED AMMO
with the medic kit you got HEAL YOURSELF+G36
with spec ops you have C4+G36

But the sniper kit you have to be looking to the glass.. hiting moving targets its dificult.. you dont have any armor.. with the new patch you have just 2 claymores.. your pretty much fuck up if an armor spots you.. and i have never take a flag with an sniper kit.. or saw someon doing it with out suport of other kits.. its assault hability its reduce to its tinny pistol...

And about that "camo" common.. its useless. in my opinion only make you a shining target..  "look there it goes a sniper kill him!! (you look like an ewok or something).. Also you might say that sniper its made to be sneaky.. but what the hell you can be sneaky even in the enginer kit.. whats that diferences "your camo" dont think so.

dont take my wrong i think snipers are cool but in this game its pretty much useless.
ill take all the spawns from you as a sniper.  alone at that
[BS]_Bone_
+17|6594|USA
i find a good spot, get about 3 kills, head to my next spot, get a few more kills, sometimes the enemy will know your spots and look to the next one you go to, so i head back to the old get maybe 6 kills this time, then go to my new one and get about 3 more kills, set the claymores up around the old spot b4 you go as they might try to go and hit ya there after you have hit like 5-6 peeps, BOOM, pop goes the weasle get about 5 kills due to you hitting literally everyone

where i camp will remain my little secret, i use a lot of shots cuz i can't hit everyone eveytime and bullet drop is in effect... so i play sniper loads and play it well, my support, the MG36 is my better marksmen that PKM but the damage sucks... PKM i use for my assault, MG36 is when i hang around with the snipers cuz the iron sights make it easier that the PKM ones
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6601|Las Vegas, NV USA

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Its very very rare that a sniper is useful.
Only because there are three types of sniper players in the game:

1.  The new player who just wants to be a SNIPER!  They often go to the highest, most well known sniping spots, take a couple of shots at people, and die.
2.  The player who realizes that they need the surgical precision of a sniper for the moment.  If they die after they get what they needed accomplished, they think "hey who cares!  Now I can go back to my preferred kit!"
3.  The sniper who learns to work towards the team's win, and can adapt and change tactics when needed in order to be an effective player.

The first two are quite common throughout any match.  The last may be seen in lower numbers; usually one or two per match, and maybe upwards of one or two per side.  Most people don't notice the last category, unless they happen to fall victim to them.  If they happen to avoid too many deaths from the third sniper type, they often never really look to see who the best sniper was, and where he was ranked, because they're too busy looking at their own scores instead.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Yeah, your real useful killing that PKM camper, oh wait, that assault guy simply noob tubed him 10 seconds ago.

DUH!
So the PKM camper is less useful than a sniper?  I'm not quite understanding your point here.  Any decent sniper I've seen picks on more than PKM campers, and I can tell you that as fun as a PKM camper kill is, it's often not a priority target unless they're a lone target of opportunity.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Oh, they're trying to take the flag!

*kills one guy*

*other people hide and capture the flag*

Awww
A good sniper who is a flag defender is better than that.  If a good sniper is defending a flag, it is often a three kill affair (claymores!  remember claymores!).  If I'm defending a flag, it is often a matter of how distant I'm covering that flag in the first place.

If I'm at a moderate range, I'll have two claymores on the flag, covering two different areas, so that both aren't triggered by a single enemy.  Then, I'll take any distant sniper rifle shots that I can.  If by some chance they "hide and capture the flag," I'll close the distance while lobbing grenades.  This is usually enough to either defend the flag altogether, or whittle down their numbers quite a bit.  If I were some assault guy who went in there with guns ablazin', I'd probably had died from three directions of enemy squad fire anyways.

If I'm at a long range, I'm covering a flag that is more out in the open than others.  Often I choose priority targets (medics, snipers, and squad leaders), if I can identify the differences at the range I'm at.  If I can't pick and choose by squad role, I'll pick off the targets that are likely gonna not be noticed by the other squad members, (so that I can surprise more than one).  If the enemy squad is using TS or VoiP, there's not much anyone can do to avoid notice then, no matter their kit choice at the time is.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Someone who knows the concept of flanking!  Yes!  Finally!

Kidding aside, a good sniper is aware of the notion of flanking, and if he can't kill that person, he is often the one with enough of a wide angle view to spot that enemy out to the rest of his team.  Besides, flanking an enemy while using cover and concealment is a universally good tactic against any kit or vehicle, and not just against a sniper.

Honestly, most people who think of snipers in a assault-type manner, often are under the misconception that a sniper is a useless kit.  Why?  Because an assault-type sniper is often a dead sniper, and a dead sniper is a useless sniper.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Its fun to play the class sometimes
SOMETIMES?!  MOST OF THE TIME!!

Hehehe.  Seriously though, I love playing sniper, but I'm more than willing to change it up if the team needs it.  Afterall, it isn't the end all, be all of kits.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Going in the hotel building in the stairs and hiding in the shadows killing those idiot snipers that stick they're heads out in the construction site is fun though.
Those would be the category 1 type snipers I listed above (sometimes cat. 2).

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Tne best is when one sees you, and ducks, and tries to move out of your scope, but the moron dosen't realize his name is still being displayed
LOL, true.  However, I find it funnier when I'm the sniper that is following ANYONE that is doing the same thing (especially assault, support, spec-ops, medic, engineer, & AT).  At least a crawling sniper is still a threat if he manages to accurately narrow down your location.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

Not to mention you can be spotted instantaneously from any range.
Yes, but who, beyond another sniper, can accurately kill you at long ranges.  Honestly, there have been quite a few times that I've been spotted, and fired at.  More often than not, if they do manage to hit me, it's often not fatal.  However, my counterfire is often fatal.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

One time some guy took a shot on the crane from the MEC spawn and he was instantly TOWed, the fool never saw it, XD. Then it happened to me when I was the sniper
Cranes are often the nesting places of category 1-type snipers.  On the other hand, enemies on TOWs are often a headshot waiting to happen.

TheEvilCubivore wrote:

I saw that TOW damnit and dodged it. Damn lag.
I HATE WHEN LAG IS THE CAUSE OF A DEATH!  I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!

All because you know that it wasn't your fault, and if it hadn't happened, you'd probably still be alive.  It's almost as bad as when my guy suddenly decides to reload his gun for no reason, or when you sight down your gun to shoot more accurately, but then it goes immediately back to normal view.  ARGH!  I HATE THAT!
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6832|Netherlands

dont_be_ss wrote:

yeah i agree with you there, how can a overhead satelite see someone who is in a building?
Good thought. !!  yeah  why?  heat seekin?  huh

I HATE WHEN LAG IS THE CAUSE OF A DEATH!  I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2006-04-19 00:13:37)

*SUA*CrazySnipe
+0|6590
ok its funny when somone says a sniper kit is useless lol the fact that i can sit back and take people out even if there running sideways back wards up down all around as long as i have a clear shot like taking out jeeps comign up to the airfield on wake island or a tank gunner or TOWs true using a PKM is almost the same just it has unlimited ammo and lotsa shots but yeah whats funner then getting like a 40/2 score? using a pkm your gonna die more then a sniper snipers fun and helps your team thats just the bottom line lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard