SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
with all those rigs, I could see why.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

on to 12GB
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SonderKommando
I need to fix my cpu cooler before i can go up past six.. realized its on sideways. lol
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6230
My PS3 just yellow ringed.  Anyone know how to fix it without sending it away for weeks and paying $150?  I found some book that claims to be a repair guide to the PS3, but I don't think it's endorsed by Sony and I'm not sure it's legitimate. 

Anyone have any experience? Ideas?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone

sexecuti0ner wrote:

My PS3 just yellow ringed.  Anyone know how to fix it without sending it away for weeks and paying $150?  I found some book that claims to be a repair guide to the PS3, but I don't think it's endorsed by Sony and I'm not sure it's legitimate. 

Why would you pay to get it fixed? Is it not under warranty any more?

Last edited by .Sup (2009-12-10 12:05:58)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast

.Sup wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

If he has owned it for over a year, it's not under warranty anymore.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Nooooo, the 8800GT isn't stable with a 1900MHz shader clock.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6719|Ireland | Monaghan

Sydney wrote:

Tell max to send you the other one, maybe it'll OC better?
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Sydney
2λчиэλ

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Tell max to send you the other one, maybe it'll OC better?
I don't think anyone in the history of the 8800GT has ever gotten to 1900 on the shader with stock voltage
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Hehe I wouldn't mind I got a spare 8800GT lying about somewhere too, shit is loud as hell!
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Sydney
2λчиэλ

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Hehe I wouldn't mind I got a spare 8800GT lying about somewhere too, shit is loud as hell!
Mine is completely inaudible D:
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

What kinda cooler is on it? Mine is a stock alpha dog one. Must say it's my favourite card I ever owned!

https://www.nvnews.net/reviews/xfx_geforce_8800gt_256mb/xfx_8800gt.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

Sydney wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Mine is completely inaudible D:
i get a little noise. w/o the headphones on, it's barely discernible. it's held up well, and best bang/buck card i've owned in the last few years.

just dropped 2 more gb into my server, what a difference . . .
Sydney
2λчиэλ
I have a Zalman VF1000 on it, the fan is forced to 5v for extra quietness
https://i50.tinypic.com/25p1fs5.jpg
Temps stay around 60°C on full load.
SonderKommando
I use my 88GT as a ppu know.  Its fan whines like a banshee during startup.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

I own three 8800GTs, of which one is almost completely broken, one semi-broken and one just a little unstable sometimes. Why can't Nvidia make PCB and solder joints that actually hold up?!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

I have 2 8800GT's that work well apart from the fact that they refuse to gain any extra performance in SLI. I blame my mobo though.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I have 2 8800GT's that work well apart from the fact that they refuse to gain any extra performance in SLI. I blame my mobo though.
When I try to enable SLI with the two that work, the northbridge on the MSI motherboard they're connected to starts glowing red hot and whispers ancient satanic curses at me.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice

henno13 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

If he has owned it for over a year, it's not under warranty anymore.
Yeah that's why I'm asking. Mine only had 1 year warranty but I bought the extended one so now I have 4 years. And a good decision it was as my PS3 died 3 months after purchase and it might again.

Sydney wrote:

I have a Zalman VF1000 on it, the fan is forced to 5v for extra quietness
http://i50.tinypic.com/25p1fs5.jpg
Temps stay around 60°C on full load.
7V is my favourite setting

Last edited by .Sup (2009-12-10 23:28:45)

max
Vela Incident

https://sneakysnowman.com/pictures/Idling_Desktop_12GB.png

Much better with 12GB RAM
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SonderKommando

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I own three 8800GTs, of which one is almost completely broken, one semi-broken and one just a little unstable sometimes. Why can't Nvidia make PCB and solder joints that actually hold up?!
Because they know we're just going to replace the card in six months anyways
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

max wrote:

what are you doing that puts a load on half your ram? on second thought, i don't want to know . . .
.Sup
be nice

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I have one and it works flawless for the past two years. The PCB is made by Gigabyte. How about yours?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I have one and it works flawless for the past two years. The PCB is made by Gigabyte. How about yours?
mine's XFX. runs like a champ. i ignore the haters . . .
max
Vela Incident

burnzz wrote:

max wrote:

what are you doing that puts a load on half your ram? on second thought, i don't want to know . . .
Linux VM folding bigadv WUs. 8 threads @ 500MB each. Then there's the overhead from running 2 OSs. And ofc the usual steam, evga precision, HFM.net, etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard