Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
http://tf2stats.net/items/

A guy made this. I think it's pretty nifty. Only problem is its only sampling a small fraction of the community at the moment (2782 players last time I checked), and so the data is likely to be skewed slightly, but it should get better over time. To add someone to the pool of collected data, you just go on the 'player stats' tab and search for them. Since it's mostly (all?) forum members at the moment, the usage of the more retarded unlocks is pretty low. EG the Sniper Rifle has far more usage on the site than the Huntsman, and i'm sure it's the other way around in-game.

There's some pretty predictable stuff there. Low Scout unlock usage. Laughable Backburner and Natascha usage. Flare Gun and Shotgun are almost 50/50.

I'll write up a list for the percentages as they are now.

Blutsauger 58% / Syringe Gun 42%
Kritzkrieg 24% / Medigun 76%
Ubersaw 82% / Bonesaw 18%

Backburner 11% / Flamethrower 89%
Flaregun 52% / Shotgun 48%
Axtinguisher 73% / Fireaxe 27%

Natascha 13% / Minigun 87%
Sandvich 61% / Shotgun 39%
KGB 53% / Fists 47%

Force-a-Nature 29% / Scattergun 71%
Bonk 20% / Pistol 80%
Sandman 30% / Bat 70%

Huntsman 29% / Sniper Rifle 71%
Razorback 13% / Jarate 54% / SMG 33%

Ambassador 48% / Revolver 52%
Dead Ringer 26% / Cloak & Dagger 43% / Invisibility Watch 32%

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-12-07 13:56:20)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

really? syringe gun is used more than kritzkrieg?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
Well the Syringe gun is a valid choice these days. If you find yourself healing and little else, it's the weapon to use due to its increased self-regen. Having the Syringe Gun equiped almost nullifies afterburn for example.

Plus, only good Medics use the Kritzkrieg, so its bound to have a low usage. Plus it's situational.

(Plus people that never play the class probably won't bother to equip unlocks for it)

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-12-07 13:53:57)

Brasso
+1,549|6637

backburner info skewed horribly
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well the Syringe gun is a valid choice these days. If you find yourself healing and little else, it's the weapon to use due to its increased self-regen. Having the Syringe Gun equiped almost nullifies afterburn for example.
when did that happen? I haven't played in too long...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
September 15th

# Medic regen changes

* Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec
    * Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x
    * End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec

# Blutsauger

* Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"
    * Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec
What it's trying to say, in an extremely convoluted way, is that the Blutsauger is basically identical to before whereas equipping the Syringe Gun gives you double passive health regen.

Technically the Blut did change slightly with 2 slight buffs, it got slightly faster regen after 10 seconds (from 1-3 over time to 1-4 over time), and it can now get crits like all other weapons.

But for all intents and purposes, the Blut didn't change, and the SG got a huge buff .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-12-07 14:19:03)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6527|Austin, Texas
I switched to the syringe gun. I'm happy with it.

Good, maybe they'll scrap the razorback and bonk, or at least fix them. Same with natascha and backburner.

Let's see where I deviate from averages...

Syringe Gun
Kritzkreig (medigun when on blue for defense maps)
Fists (POW! HAHA)
SMG
Invis watch

Last edited by Bevo (2009-12-07 14:32:45)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
Nothing unexpected. Save Backburner versus Flamethrower, didn't know the difference was that steep. Also Force-a-Nature v Scattergun is a much bigger difference than I expected.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-12-07 17:40:35)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead
Unless a lot has changed recently those sandman and FaN figures aren't correct. There are way more scouts with the FaN and sandman than without.

But yeah, interesting stuff. I wish valve would just give us the real figures for stuff like this.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

haffeysucks wrote:

backburner info skewed horribly
this
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276

Peter wrote:

Unless a lot has changed recently those sandman and FaN figures aren't correct. There are way more scouts with the FaN and sandman than without.
Well like I said, so far the data is skewed horribly towards the type of player that visits forums, ie not idiots who run around frontburning everybody and using the UnlockScout.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Peter wrote:

Well like I said, so far the data is skewed horribly towards the type of player that visits forums, ie not idiots who run around frontburning everybody and using the UnlockScout.
Oh yeah, I meant to add at the end of that sentence that it was because the data is nearly all from forum goers. Guess I forgot. That's what happens when you wake up at 8am.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
Only 31% use the standard spy watch? Sounds like 69% of those spy players are shit.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard