nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

burnzz wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

If I was a USC fan, I'd be
facing the teamed that pwned you once already.
Three times, really. Each time OSU has beaten USC, it has been a major upset. With that said, that usually doesn't happen in the Coliseum, so the Trojans shouldn't fear a surprise loss as they should when they travel to Reser Stadium.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

i want to see a playoff. if not in my lifetime . . .
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

Kmarion wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Florida needs the referees to win; quite a shame, really. I hope they make it to the championship game and are embarrassed so that illusions of SEC superiority can finally succumb to the pleasantry of truth.
Aww .. somebody is bitter . What a shame.
As I just realized, shouldn't you root for South Florida?

Anyways, with the revelation of Alabama's cheating in the SC game, it seems the notion of the SEC "elites" (used in quotations because the teams are quite clearly not elite needing unfair advantages to win is further corroborated. The SEC epitomizes much of what is wrong with CFB.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

nukchebi0 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Florida needs the referees to win; quite a shame, really. I hope they make it to the championship game and are embarrassed so that illusions of SEC superiority can finally succumb to the pleasantry of truth.

Anyways, with the revelation of Alabama's cheating in the SC game, it seems the notion of the SEC "elites" (used in quotations because the teams are quite clearly not elite needing unfair advantages to win is further corroborated. The SEC epitomizes much of what is wrong with CFB.
I do.. but I also went to Fl. USF didn't have a football team way back when I started following College football
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

btw, say what you will about Tebow, but I've got much respect for him after this. This girl (who went to my daughters school) was raped and left for dead. She has had a long recovery.. http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/oct/18 … ng/sports/
GAINESVILLE - It was as if God gave a nod to plans for a Brandon teen to enjoy an extraordinary weekend at the University of Florida, the college she would have attended were it not for unfathomable tragedy.

In a chance meeting early Friday afternoon, star Gator quarterback Tim Tebow knelt beside her wheelchair, welcoming her to homecoming.

"I think somebody up above was looking down on us today," said Steve Stock, the Tampa native who arranged for a dream homecoming weekend for the girl.

Stock, president of Guy Harvey Inc., a major sponsor of Homecoming 2009, had read her story months back and felt compelled to do something special for the 19-year-old, left in a wheelchair, unable to walk, talk or see after a brutal rape and beating in 2008.

He and members of Florida Blue Key, the student organization that produces Gator Growl, an extravagant homecoming pep rally, decided to give her and her family a tour of Florida Field after the Gator parade.

Head football coach Urban Meyer just happened to be there.

Moments after Stock related the girl's story to him, the coach headed for the nearby Gator locker room shouting for his star quarterback.

Tebow, who said he was in the cold tub at the time, quickly regrouped and ran to meet her.

The Heisman Trophy winner spoke with her at length, signed Gator gear for her to take home, and posed for dozens of photographs.

"When (Stock) told the coach her story, it really touched his heart," Tebow said.

"It's also an amazing story how she and her family are working to get past this tragedy. It's a miracle she's here and alive," Tebow said, adding that he was happy to be part of the moment.

After the team was introduced to the crowd Friday night at The Swamp, Tebow was back by her side.

He spent about 30 minutes chatting to her and others who'd arranged the gathering, personalizing an autographed football helmet donated to her by Tampa memorabilia businessman Marty Bladen, signing autographs and posing for photos.

Bladen got to share in the moment, as did Florida Blue Key sponsorship director Andrew Winner, who had worked to make it all come together.

"It was such a blessing," Winner said of the locker room encounter with Tebow and Meyer.

"She's been so happy through all of this," the teen's mother said. "She's been just happy and full of emotion."

The teen and her family also got to watch the Gators top Arkansas 23-20 in a knuckle-biter Saturday.

EDITOR'S NOTE

The man authorities say attacked the teenager, Kendrick Morris, 17, is charged with four counts of sexual battery, robbery, kidnapping and other offenses in the attack and in an unrelated assault on a day care worker.
Fucking awsm.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

You can't really badmouth Tebow. He's a class act, all the way around. Too bad he's the exception rather than the rule in college football.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6447|Chicago, IL
lollini

we suck
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

biggest CF story around here since, well, Utah ran the table last year was College Game Day live from provo. i'm a TCU fan tonite.
pilebomb
+8|6120

S.Lythberg wrote:

lollini

we suck
Back when I went there, the jets flying over the stadium before the game pissed me off cause it woke me up. I didn't wanna be awake to watch that crap
Scratch[USA]
+105|6548
Is it hook the zook time, again .... Anyway
<-------------
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Utah beat AF (sorry RAMIUS) and TCU beat BYU. a good day . . .
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

Kmarion wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I do.. but I also went to Fl. USF didn't have a football team way back when I started following College football
Fair enough.

To whoever gave me karma, thank you for being enlightened.

Finally, what are your thoughts on yesterday? I admittedly watched only one game, but it was a slightly important one. Needless to say, I was quite enamored with the results.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

The Florida/GA used to be the Game of the year for me
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World% … tail_Party

For as long as I can remember it was always a huge event. I remember way back when Hershel Walker carried 4 gators on his back for 20 yards lol. My Mom is from GA and I used to have relatives call me up and harass me when they beat us. They don't call much anymore..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

I was disappointed. Really hoped OSU would put up more of a fight than that against UT. However, that would imply that the bedlam game at the end of the year won't be as big of a problem as I thought.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
good job georgia.  nice little high school stunt with your black helmets.  that really did it.  next time dont suck.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

The black jerseys worked for us, however.

(Aren't you nearly ready to get rid of Richt about now?)
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

By the way, now that Meyers has "disciplined" Spikes for gouging the eyes of Ealey last week (a whole 1/2 game suspension), Meyers is calling on Kiffin to suspend Josh McNeil for his behavior at last year's game ...

https://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/josh-mcneil.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

^lol, i just noticed what he was up to

the polls are interesting, it seems they've finally let the undefeateds near the top. although, on strength of schedule, boise state needs to slide . . .

Last edited by burnzz (2009-11-03 10:06:22)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
good job florida.  eye gouging eh?  a half of football against v-belt as punishment?  good job really.  you are the nfl now.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Red Forman wrote:

good job florida.  eye gouging eh?  a half of football against v-belt as punishment?  good job really.  you are the nfl now.
jesus, they just raped FL Int'l today . . . here's hoping TCU busts the BCS. fuckers . . .
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

this may not mean anything to anyone outside of Utah, but i'm still laughing

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/byu_utah_panties.gif
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

burnzz wrote:

this may not mean anything to anyone outside of Utah, but i'm still laughing

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025 … anties.gif
Means something to me...but I lived there for three years.

Spot on.
― Albert Einstein

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
bama done fuck UF up
pilebomb
+8|6120
So the BCS is giving us BYU vs. Boise. Fucking cop out, don't wanna let the little guy embarrass a big conference school.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

pilebomb wrote:

So the BCS is giving us BYU vs. Boise. Fucking cop out, don't wanna let the little guy embarrass a big conference school.
i think it would be good for the WAC, that's almost a gimme. plus i'm a Utah fan, so Go Broncos!

edit; this is what it's been like for the mountain west conference. do you think TCU with it's perfect record will play for a title?

Last edited by burnzz (2009-12-06 21:16:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard