Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

I've been hosting a Teamspeak with gameservers for almost a year now, and a few months ago I started hosting various gameservers. Today I remembered that they always said "All Game Servers include 50% OFF Voice Server"

So I sent them a ticket asking them why they didn't give me the discount, and to give me a refund for the money I shouldn't have paid.

They responded with:

the pricing has been adjusted as requested. We cannot give you any credit for the previous months. The pricing will take effect on the next invoice issued.
That's bullshit right? They admit they fucked up but aren't going to refund me, I'm not asking for them to send me the money back, just to have it knocked off next months bill.

Is there any legislation I can show them to make them act? tbh the money isn't even that much, so I don't even really care about that, it's just the principle. If they don't do anything about it I'm going to switch to another provider even if it costs more.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

Tell em' that if they don't refund your money, you'll call your boys on em' (That'd be Sam & Me ).
Hakei
Banned
+295|5993
Say you'll just cancel your service with them if they don't.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Dauntless wrote:

I've been hosting a Teamspeak with gameservers for almost a year now, and a few months ago I started hosting various gameservers. Today I remembered that they always said "All Game Servers include 50% OFF Voice Server"

So I sent them a ticket asking them why they didn't give me the discount, and to give me a refund for the money I shouldn't have paid.

They responded with:

the pricing has been adjusted as requested. We cannot give you any credit for the previous months. The pricing will take effect on the next invoice issued.
That's bullshit right? They admit they fucked up but aren't going to refund me, I'm not asking for them to send me the money back, just to have it knocked off next months bill.

Is there any legislation I can show them to make them act? tbh the money isn't even that much, so I don't even really care about that, it's just the principle. If they don't do anything about it I'm going to switch to another provider even if it costs more.
Tell them you'll switch companies and ask them what they can do to keep you as a customer.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

In general if you don't remind a company of a special offer, they wont give you it. Cunts.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
Always happens to nice guys.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

I gave them some of my British charm and they did what I wanted

The reason the pricing was higher than it should have been is because you had the TS prior to having the game servers. That means that when it was created, the discount was not automatically applied.

We have since corrected this.

I do not see an issue with crediting you for the time that you were overcharged. I have credited you for the previous invoice, and I have corrected your December invoice to reflect the proper pricing. The remainder has been applied to your account as credit.

If you have any further questions or need anything else, let me know.

Happy Holidays,
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6187|Canada

At least they weren't total cunts with you and gave you what you wanted in the end.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

all's well that ends well.
SamBo
Blackburn Rovers Fan
+102|5321|Stoke, England

Gooners wrote:

Tell em' that if they don't refund your money, you'll call your boys on em' (That'd be Sam & Me ).
Shit ye
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6484|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
What company was it?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

hawaythelads wrote:

What company was it?
Gameservers
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Shame, I went with ClanPlanet for my first TS Server, and they royally fucked me in the end.

They kept having problems with their billing servers, so I would get charged about 5 times for the same month. They'd refund it to me, but it would just keep happening at random times. Eventually I went into an unplanned overdraft because of all the charges, but because their charges weren't the final charge that brought me into it, I couldn't get them to pay the charges.

Fucking bullshit.

Moved to Multiplay, since, and it's so much better and cheaper, too.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma

Gameservers wrote:

Happy Holidays,
Cunts
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6112|SC | USA |
I've always been happy with Gameservers.

Just a shame I "retired" from clan leadership. Really enjoyed it.

Too much drama though
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Yeah I've always liked gameservers too, the way you can just go order a server and have it set up in a few minutes is nice, and they reply to most support tickets in a few minutes.

But if they would have ripped me off over something like that, that was advertised as a selling point on their website I would have gone with another company out of principle.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6341|California
I hate gameservers. Terrible interface. Bad customer support. Not the best prices.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
I swapped mobile phone provider years ago and they overcharged me for several moths, I sent them a letter, they admitted the overcharged me but said they cannot return me the money. I went back to my old provider.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6484|Newcastle Upon Tyne.

FFLink wrote:

Moved to Multiplay, since, and it's so much better and cheaper, too.
I always found multiplay to be the best server provider even when they werent the cheapest.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6547|775

I wasn't too happy with GameServers when I ran a BF2 server through them. For 32 man servers, Branzone has a great deal right now for $32 for a 32 man server (basically $1 a slot) for just about any game that supports that amount of players. Currently, I host a L4D2 server and Ventrilo through GameServers and haven't had any problem besides the fact that I have to re-upload my host and motd files everytime I add a new Steam update to the server for some reason; otherwise, it runs pretty smooth.

My L4D server is through a company called serverFFS. Supposedly, my server is located in Dallas, TX; however, Game-Monitor tells me it's in Arlington, VA and everyone has horrible ping to it.

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2009-12-06 06:21:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard