S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL

JohnG@lt wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Serving military I could understand reporting them. As for a civilian in the middle of surburbia getting reported for wearing a medal or uniform seems sorta silly.
Some people make up lavish stories and go so far as to make media appearances and attend veterans banquets, it's happened several times in recent years.
Yep. People have worn purple hearts in order to gain discounts at stores or have people buy them beers etc. It's pretty fucking sad if you ask me.
Very sad, their life is so damn pathetic that they have nothing better to do than try to benefit from the heroic actions of others?  Disgusting
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6689|Broadlands, VA
Sadly - it's gone beyond that.  There are now cases of folks not only just wearing the uniforms & medals for attention, but actually impersonating dead Service Men & raking in the benefits - free health care, PX & commissary privs, retirement pay.

And it's not just civilians.  There was a recent story that a USMC Vet (honorably discharged) went around telling folks he was a highly decorated 2 star!  Even got to be the MoC at at Veterans of Foregin Wars USMC Birthday Party.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
Its annoying isn't it.

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/prince-harry-nazi.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA
Wearing your dads old rank and pins is not what this group is after. there is a difference between wearing this stuff and actually going around claiming you earned it is there not?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
Apparently of the people who turn out for French Resistance parades pretty well none of them really were.
The real guys were secretive do-ers, not posing nonces.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-12-04 15:10:29)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6706|NJ

lowing wrote:

Wearing your dads old rank and pins is not what this group is after. there is a difference between wearing this stuff and actually going around claiming you earned it is there not?
I agree that is totally wrong but still not that big of a deal unless they're trying to earn something from the military..

Someone going out, posing and lying to get free drunks should be able to get his ass kicked if found out. Jails a bit harsh for it, it is fuck up and any service men who catch someone doing this should beat there ass. 

Jail for people trying to claim benefits(pensions, health insurance or the like) with this con..

The difference is one is personal and the other is a con..

Also why is lowings name in the spell check? I just looked and it was one of my options for spelling lying as lieing..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I agree that is totally wrong but still not that big of a deal unless they're trying to earn something from the military..

Someone going out, posing and lying to get free drunks should be able to get his ass kicked if found out. Jails a bit harsh for it, it is fuck up and any service men who catch someone doing this should beat there ass. 

Jail for people trying to claim benefits(pensions, health insurance or the like) with this con..

The difference is one is personal and the other is a con..

Also why is lowings name in the spell check? I just looked and it was one of my options for spelling lying as lieing..
Because people keep mis-spelling lowing as m.o.t.h.e.r. f.u.c.k.e.r.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

This article was in the Times today, and bears some relevance to the discussion. Apparently people do do this, I had no idea.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6706|NJ
haha at lowing..

See other then finding the dude, they should have just beat his ass right there. That will make tons of people think twice before doing this kind of shit.. Speaking of what the hell is the motivation to do something like that? People looking for there 15 mins of fame?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Walting eh?
rdx-fx
+955|6602
One would expect to get into a bit of trouble for impersonating a police officer, a doctor, a paramedic, a firefighter
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5988|Blue Mountain State
https://www.motifake.com/demotivational-poster/0806/green-beret-humor-demotivational-poster-1214504497.jpg
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

S3v3N wrote:

This isn't about kids wearing Daddy's ribbons to school.

Its about people who didn't serve at all wearing the uniform with ribbons and medals they didn't earn.

Its about military folk who served or are serving that are wearing ribbons and medals they didn't earn.

Silver Stars, Bronze Stars, Purple Hearts ect..
What about bums who go around in partial uniform claiming to be vets to spark sympathetic donations? A Korean Service Ribbon on a guy that looks 30?

lol
Amra
look; even concrete needs to be laid
+26|5322|Up your #4+@?
10% off at many stores for vets.

They should invoke a law that would draft these sorry pieces of shit and put them on the front line in Pukeganistaan.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7816401

Last edited by Amra (2009-12-05 17:58:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard