SteamCore
+0|6747
There are a couple readme's out there and guides to playing good medic.  Most of them say that you should clear out opposition before reviving a fallen comrade. 

That's stupid. 

You buzz your pal and you've now got 2 guns on the ground, much better for killing enemies.   On Maps like Karkand, people are usually killed by gp30's or m203's and so reviving as quick as possible is good to take advantage of the long reload time of the gun that killed him. And then, even if your teamate gets killed again, they don't actually get a "death" until the are wounded 15 seconds and respawn.    So really its no sweat off anybody's sack if you keep on reviving somebody that gets killed.  If you are on my team, and you fall, expect to get instantly buzzed and be ready to find that target again and continue firing.  To me, it's all about keeping guns blazin'

-SC
The_Truth_16
+0|6760
wanna get high
The_Time
+-2|6763|California
well the real problem is getting revived and killed within a second over and over again, it seems like its just for the sake of the medics score.I personally hate it when I play with people like you because i could have respawned somewhere a couple time over without people who aren't basically going to spawnkill me. basically it is just aggrivating to not be able to play the game just because someguy just keeps shocking you.
Dnamaster
+0|6781|Canada

The_Time wrote:

well the real problem is getting revived and killed within a second over and over again, it seems like its just for the sake of the medics score.I personally hate it when I play with people like you because i could have respawned somewhere a couple time over without people who aren't basically going to spawnkill me. basically it is just aggrivating to not be able to play the game just because someguy just keeps shocking you.
i agree totaly, i was goign to type that  untill i saw your post.

if you revive me and im killed instantly dont come revive me again 14 seconds latter so i can die again instantly, ive personly gone like 4 miniutes wiht out playing because of this, every time im about to respwan in a safe spot i get revived and killed again! its anoying!
SteamCore
+0|6747
Well your guy's Kill: Death ratios reflect your attitudes....

Last edited by SteamCore (2005-10-16 21:15:20)

Ludic
+0|6738|New York
If you can revive your teammate without taking damage, then more power to you. The whole "clear out the opposition to revive" mentality is for those people who can't get the revive fast enough before getting killed themselves.

Personally, it depends on the situation. If I feel I have an opening to get the revive, I do it. If not, I kill the enemy, and then revive.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
A good medic takes note of what killed that person! if its a sniper i wont touch the guy untill im sure he is dead! theres no point and will proberly get me killed...

it doesnt take long to look around and see that theres a good chance they will live! if theres too many then run!! but then im a mean medic i wont die to save someone elses k:d ratio! lol
jax
+12|6738
i just got revived by some stupid medic 4 times in karkand in about 10 seconds and it sure as hell pissed me off. i play medic quite a bit bt i never revive them if they ar e just gona get shot.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6758|Hanging onto the UAV
Serial reviving someone is incredibly annoying.

Shot, revived, shot, revived...

On maps such as Karkand where space is tight and (especially when on offence) you sometimes need to rethink your strategy and spawn back at the main base and go a different route, continually being revived makes me want to murder the medic.
pinky_81
+1|6760|Denmark
Everything depends on the situation.. I'll refer to my point here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2601 #17 - Use situational awareness...
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6812|Cologne, Germany

isn't it like if you don't want be revived ( because you want to spawn elsewhere or change class or whatever ) you simply need to leave your spawn screen open on your monitor and you cannot be revived ?

At least that's what I've heard.

Personally, I will revive as much as I can, mostly because it saves my team tickets. It makes sense to clear out any opposition beforehand, but if I cannot see any, what else can I do but revive ? I can't let the guy die...
I will depend on my squad to provide cover while I administer the shocks, that's what I think.
pinky_81
+1|6760|Denmark
I've been revived while I had my Spawn Screen up... Talk about not being able to fight for a few confused seconds
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

As a medic in a squad I always say to myself: "if I keep them alive, they'll keep me alive"
so if i revive everyone 2 times during a fire fight, dont bitch... atleast youre not dying :p
88mm
+8|6777
There should be a button or something in the game that would indicate if u wanted to be revived.

I agree that beeing revived is not always what u want. Like when u need to respawn at home base to meet a threat there.

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6752
you should expect to be revived and ready for just that...if you need to change your spawn point (which is rarely for me) then you better make it quick...what does it matter if you get revive/killed/revived/killed/revived?  you lose nothing and gain the oppurtunity to save a death...basically if you get killed and see a medic in the area (which is easy to figure out by the big + moving around you) then get ready to hit the ground running...i'm always ready to get revived, and am prepared to run or find cover...as long as you pay attention to your surroundings you should be able to duck out of harms way pretty quick once you get revived
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6804
half the time when I get revived I'm in the spawn selection screen.. so when  get revived.. I don't have much time to get up.. and I end up dying again.
OnBoyce
+3|6797|Montreal, QC
I think its the responsibility of the soldier to check his map to see if there is a big red + coming his way. If so, there is a good chance you'll get revived. Each time I die, I check my map to see if there is a medic in the area to see if there is a chance I get revived, and I prepare myself to run like hell. But I'm the kind of medic that kills the enemy soldiers before trying to revive. If not, there's a high risk of losing 2 tickets instead of one.

So if you're lying wounded in front of a tank, there are good chances I wont save your a$$!
Ravlen
+0|6751

SteamCore wrote:

There are a couple readme's out there and guides to playing good medic.  Most of them say that you should clear out opposition before reviving a fallen comrade. 

That's stupid. 

You buzz your pal and you've now got 2 guns on the ground, much better for killing enemies.   On Maps like Karkand, people are usually killed by gp30's or m203's and so reviving as quick as possible is good to take advantage of the long reload time of the gun that killed him. And then, even if your teamate gets killed again, they don't actually get a "death" until the are wounded 15 seconds and respawn.    So really its no sweat off anybody's sack if you keep on reviving somebody that gets killed.  If you are on my team, and you fall, expect to get instantly buzzed and be ready to find that target again and continue firing.  To me, it's all about keeping guns blazin'

-SC
Ahh, it's people like you that make it easy to get kills. When I see 2 players, I always shoot the non-medic first. As soon as he drops, I know I've won, because the idiot medic will simply drop his gun, pull his paddles and shock his buddy. I've already got another volley on the way to the corpse before he's revived, and he's dead within a second. There's NO WAY that guy on the grouund could have saved himself. After killing him, I'll kill the medic. If I'm in a bad mood, I'll let the medic revive once or twice more before I'll kill (but not generally).

Seriously, your logic is flawed. You won't have 2 guns to kill one person. You'll have NO guns to start (while you are out in the wide open, dancing like an idiot with your paddles). Then you'll have one gun, and another gun looking around trying to orient himself for a second or two, then you'll have two corpses on the ground because you didn't kill the guy that's wide open.

Is it really THAT HARD to kill people in this game? Do you really need someone to hold your hand and point out the enemy? I *never* revive without clearing the area first. If both of us are covered, or have partial cover, I'll revive, but if the body is unprotected, I'll kill the enemy FIRST, then I'll revive him. If I can't clear the area, I'll retreat. If he's on my squad, he can spawn near me. If he isn't, he can spawn near the fight. Better 1 dead body than 2 dead bodies. If we both die due to me not clearing the area, or retreating, it might be the difference between us holding the flag (or capping the flag), or losing everything we fought for.

Jumping out into the middle of a firefight to get that silly revive point is what makes teams lose. Hold back, clear the area, then revive, your team will do better, and you'll get more points too.

Ravlen
Kau-Boy
+0|6738|Mannheim, BW, Germany

88mm wrote:

There should be a button or something in the game that would indicate if u wanted to be revived.

I agree that beeing revived is not always what u want. Like when u need to respawn at home base to meet a threat there.
Hey it's ver easy to find such a button. Anytimed heared of a thing called SUICIDE???

I revive everybody if I'am sure it's save enough for me to get out.
McCullough
+7|6809
I dont have this "revived and killed immediately" problem at all. When i dont want to be revived i keep the gunkit's menu open and the medic cant revive me. Little tip
CBRad929
+1|6755
This is why I said in a previous post:  There needs to be an easier way to tap out to keep idiot medics from reviving you.

What I hate is when a Medic revives you during an artillary attack (note: I didnt say "revive from")
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6742|Atlanta, GA USA
McCullough:  That doesn't work...  You can still be revived when you have your spawn screen up.
Ravlen
+0|6751

atlvolunteer wrote:

McCullough:  That doesn't work...  You can still be revived when you have your spawn screen up.
And if it did work, it'd negate any benefit that the original people were saying. If you sit there trying to revive someone who doesn't want to be revived, you are even *more* likely to die a pointless death.

Ravlen
McCullough
+7|6809
I discovered now that it doesen't work to have the spawnmenu open sry

And if i get killed over and over again cus someguy revives me right infront of a tank or whatever i don't care if he dies a pointless death. he shouldn't revived me in the first place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard