Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6781|The Hague, Holland
Being a medic rocks . You have descent weapons, the unlocked one rocks (if you get to learn it).
Personally the fact that you can heal yourself is pretty handy * saved me a-lot-o times*
Anyways ive been playing for what, 50 hours? And I know for sure 30 hours of those are me being a medic.
Ive been looking on some people's stats and they say they have been medic for a long time 2.
What are your thoughts on being a medic? Do you use it alot?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6785

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Being a medic rocks . You have descent weapons, the unlocked one rocks (if you get to learn it).
Personally the fact that you can heal yourself is pretty handy * saved me a-lot-o times*
Anyways ive been playing for what, 50 hours? And I know for sure 30 hours of those are me being a medic.
Ive been looking on some people's stats and they say they have been medic for a long time 2.
What are your thoughts on being a medic? Do you use it alot?
yes.
but that doesn't mean everyone should be a medic.  I can't stand medics who don't do their job: revive people.  That is a medics primary role, especially when in a squad.  It annoys me to no end when I get hit and theres 5 medics in my area... all of which ignore my cries for a medic.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
Oh yes, that is sooo annoying ¬.¬
I always revive and heal. It just gives me a kick when I hear "Thanks, I own you one".
Then on to the next teammate crying "Medic!".
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6785

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

I always revive and heal. It just gives me a kick when I hear "Thanks, I own you one".
word.  non-teamplayers i have no time for.
McCullough
+7|6837

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

1 of 10 times i get a "Thanks I owe you one". When i'm revied or healed i'm very thankfull for that and i say thanks. Dont they want to be saved or what? I get a kick when i expose myself to enemy fire to save a fallen comrade.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6822|United Knigdom
As a medic myself, I very rarely don't say Thank You. If I get revived infront of a tank, I usually say thank you before i run, and usually survive. Crazy I know, but it's still nice to say thank you.

Since the patch though, the amount of medics that run past you is just annoying.
[Sixwinter]dDG
+0|6772|WV
Yeah I feel your pain about medics that don't do their job. I hate when I'm critically wounded and there are four or five medic icons nearby... but none take the time to run over and revive me. Ah well, I'm usually a medic anyway so it's not that big of a deal. I go out of my way to revive anyone that drops - even if that means running through enemy fire to get there. I can usually rack up a solid 80-90 points on Karkand as a medic and most of them are team points.

However, the one thing that is worse than the medics that don't revive you is the medic that revives you when the enemy that killed you is STILL STANDING RIGHT THERE. I can't tell you how many times I've died because some moron was thinking about adding another point to his stats instead of killing the enemy soldier standing right infront of his face. >_<
divided
Clear!
+3|6772
That guy you speak of is me.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6847|San Francisco

Much worse than the no good medic is the "I revive just for points" medic. These are the ones who will be running away from an enemy chopper only to stop, revive you in front of the chopper, then run away laughing as you get shot up a split second after regaining conciousness. For the love of pete, just let me die!
[NTAC]ChickenOnaStik
+0|6776|Alabama
As a "career" medic, I try not to revive people who's dead bodies are being constantly pummelled by APC fire at the time.  This helps no one.  Nor do I end a round with 54 Team points and 2 kills.  That is just absurd.  If I see a man down, and no other medics are attending, I'll revive.  I HATE being revived in the middle of an artillery barage.  Rule of thumb is to neutralize the situatoin BEFORE you revive.  Else you can end up giving the enemy 3 kills instead of just the one.

Last edited by [NTAC]ChickenOnaStik (2005-10-13 15:12:09)

dan500
+57|6846
To be a good medic, you have to learn to use your gun, then clear out the area befor going to save some1, and if theres a APC there, i will leave them 1. I will get killed 2. They will get killed again. I love medics who save people infront of ya, i lay C4 near them, then BOOM!
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
Regarding the reviving in front of enemy: addinga a ratio of revives/deaths-with-paddles to the stats have already been suggested twice (by me and another poster, pinky_81). Stat can influence other to change their behaviour as they compare themselves with other and start wondering why they die so often when reviving/trying to revive. Oh well, I always want to be revived so this isn't a problem for me but the ratio would be interesting as an indicator to how good medic I am.

Is it just me or are there fewer medics after the 1.03 patch?
Ballistix5
+36|6774|Forster NSW
Best squad I think = Anti Tank, Medic, Support
And anything after that is okay

I like playing support kit
I was medic all the time, but now I find myself playing MEC Support a lot
specially on karkand the unlock for support is okay but hard to use somtimes.

But yes medics are good
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa
Yep I use the Medic kit heaps and heaps. I am good @ what I do, and i enjoy doing it. There is one thing that bugs the shit out of me - If i go down and u take my kit off me but dont revive me, then i WILL NEVER revive u for the rest of the game, (unless there are like 5 bodies and i go nuts with the shock paddles - its prolly an accidental revive on my part).
Taking my kit - fine i can live with that - but not reiving me and walking away is the Pinnicle of Discourtesy and Rudeness

Oh and for the record - my highest Revives and Heals IAR - 24 revives, 10 heals in the same round
combustion8
+0|6770
I hate it when I get popped just as I'm going to hit the mouse button to revive.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

voltage wrote:

Regarding the reviving in front of enemy: addinga a ratio of revives/deaths-with-paddles to the stats have already been suggested twice (by me and another poster, pinky_81). Stat can influence other to change their behaviour as they compare themselves with other and start wondering why they die so often when reviving/trying to revive. Oh well, I always want to be revived so this isn't a problem for me but the ratio would be interesting as an indicator to how good medic I am.

Is it just me or are there fewer medics after the 1.03 patch?
No way man, there are WAY more medics according to me :S.
I see them everywhere, stealing my revive .
pinky_81
+1|6788|Denmark
I often play medic (At least 40% of my 50hour total time right now)...

I consider myself mostly a combat medic:
I'll mostly try reviving the people I come across - sometimes even running/driving across a map to help out... If nobody's around I'll even leave my comfortable vehicle with the big gun to help you!!
But If I get a chance to slay large numbers of enemies with an APC or if I get engaged in a shoot-out you (not any specific of you ) have no right to tell me how I'm supposed to play...
I'd rather kill an enemy or two than sprinting 25m under fire and probably getting shot for a chance to revive you so we both can be killed by the sucker I didn't shoot 4 times in the head with my L85A1.

And think of this: If I chose to be assault, perhaps you wouldn't get irritated when I run past you - But I'd almost guarantee as a medic I'll kill more enemies and survive longer...

Plz respect me for not always reviving you - I'll take care of my own ass before yours... If my ass is clear you'll get all the attention you deserve!!
Incontrovertible
+1|6772|Brisbane, Australia
As a dedicated Assault/Spec Ops I rely on Medics heavily. Assault can't do much all by itself, at almost every second turn on larger servers you will need a heal or re-supply, and not many people are willing to Support anymore

Keep up the good work and I'll keep those pesky naders and arty strikes off your back
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

pinky_81 wrote:

Plz respect me for not always reviving you - I'll take care of my own ass before yours... If my ass is clear you'll get all the attention you deserve!!
Amen to that
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6844
one thing worse then no medics is 10 trying to revive 1 person while a enermy squad rolls in, thats always fun to watch
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6845|Australia
People dont like medics anyways, your in a fire fight people get shot up! your chuckin packs around screaming get healing here or what not and they run off and get themself killed. Then when they are layin there in the open  they keep calling for a medic!!. True its a medics job but if the dumb asses wouldent stand in the open and die when theres 1000bajillion people comin would make killing them harder and reviving them easier!.
And well i call for a medic after every fight if im not full health so why are these people running off to die with only 2 bars of health? its just dumb!
thinner44
+1|6808

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

pinky_81 wrote:

Amen to that
Hell yeah ... and I'll always say thank you.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6770|Atlanta, GA USA
What pisses me off is when you are at about half health and call for a medic (so you don't run out and immediately get killed), and you see two or three medics near you run in the opposite direction!
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6773|Dallas, Tx
I play medic on occasion and it is very hard to decide if an area is "clear" before you go revive someone.  You only have a few seconds to get to a fallen comrade and shock him.  How am I supposed to scan the area, determine where the enemy might be, kill him and maybe a buddy, and THEN have time to revive someone?  It doesn't work that way hardly at all.  I either clear the area or revive, with the accompanying risks.  I truly love helping people.  I'm in the medical field in real life.  But this game is too chaotic to do everything the way everyone else wants you to.  So I just do the best I can and try to ignore the whiney, spoiled brats who complain anytime the battle doesn't go their way.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6785

atlvolunteer wrote:

What pisses me off is when you are at about half health and call for a medic (so you don't run out and immediately get killed), and you see two or three medics near you run in the opposite direction!
Even worse is when you ask for a medic... guy ignores you
you walk over and ask for a medic again... he looks at you, then turns the other way and runs
you follow him asking for a medic, and start typing 'motivational' phrases like "HEY, DO YOUR F'N JOB"... and he still ignores you

goran medics.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard